InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Inuyasha's First "A" and Kagome's Silver Lining ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter VI ~ Inuyasha's First "A" and Kagome's Silver Lining

Once again, pretty self-explanatory. Things begin to take a twist as both freshmen begin to aquire what they need so badly. Though their reasons are somewhat different, they have the same meaning: "Someone to depend on." Read on to find out the details.

...

Aww, dang it! I just gave away the whole chapter! FISHY CRACKERS!

__________________________________

The next day Inuyasha and Kagome met up at the courtyard of their school.

"Let's see," Kagome started, "how about I tutor you during free period and after-school? And I could write you up the things you need to study in notes so you could go over it at home."

"Well, that sounds like a pretty good idea," Inuyasha said, "but I don't wanna use up all my free time studying. It's so boring. I wanna play soccer or take a nap."

Kagome made a silent "oh" as she thought of this. "I'm sorry, I didn't even consider that."

"Okay, then how about this; we'll have sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or on any day you have a big test or quiz. I could make up the notes then so you could study them at home, and you'd still have free time during the day."

The boy hummed for a minute, thinking it over. "Okay." he said. Kagome smiled satisfyingly.

_____

Over the next few weeks, Kagome coached Inuyasha in academics. She proved to be a very good teacher; being able to anticipate anything he might not have understood and used it in a simpler concept. Inuyasha's grades became better; even Sesshomaru was impressed. He never actually imagined his little brother could make such progress. Their father proved satisfied, too.

Also, during that time, Kagome and Inuyasha also learned some things about each other as well.

Kagome learned of Inuyasha's dream of going to soccer camp, which is the main reason why he needed to pass all of his classes; so his father would let him go. He never really liked listening to anyone; that is, if they didn't pose a certain threat towards him. Sometimes when he didn't bring something for lunch, he would just try taking some from someone else when they weren't looking. Kagome recalled her lunch being nearly destroyed, of which she rewarded Inuyasha the title of "Moocher." Of course, Inuyasha found this title annoying, while Kagome found it rather funny.

Inuyasha, out of at least a bit of his caring, learned of some facts about Kagome. He learned how she seemed quite good at archery, but she didn't tell him of the girl she met, Kikyo, whom said all those awful things to her. (Evil.) He would've asked her, but he didn't want her to start crying again, and he sort of forgot some time after. And even though she was a braniac, he found it interesting that she liked comics and music. Music was one thing, but manga was something he'd never expect a girl to like. Nonetheless, she told him of how many different kinds she had read: fantasy, sci-fi, mystery, horror, action, all kinds.

One Sunday afternoon, Inuyasha came over to Kagome's place so she could tutor him there. When he got there, he detected a sweet, fresh smell. It turned out that Kagome had made fresh chocolate chip cookies for their session.

"You can bake?" he asked. She nodded.

"My mom taught me when I was eight. I've baked all kinds of treats: cakes, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, muffins; a lot of stuff." She placed the tray of cookies on the table while she brought out her schoolbooks.

"Alright. Let's go over unit rates. Say that you were at the supermarket, and saw a pack of gumballs. You wanted eight packs, which cost $14.08. But you couldn't figure out how much only one pack cost. So what you would do is make a fraction with a fraction with the total cost of the eight packs of gumballs at the top and the number of packs at the bottom. Then you would..." Kagome trailed off as she side glanced to the tray she had put on the table about fifteen seconds ago which now only had one cookie. The rest were gone. She looked in front of her to find Inuyasha's face covered in chocolate and cookie crumbs. Kagome stared at him, surprised.

"Got milk?" was all he said, chuckling. Then he felt a rumbling inside him until it erupted into one, loud and satisfied belch.

Kagome's eyes got wider with shock.

"Aaaah! EARTHQUAKE!!" They both heard Miroku scream before they heard a fall and something fragile and rather expensive crashing along with it. Inuyasha and Kagome looked back at each other, and in a few seconds, they exploded with laughter. Kagome got an index card and began to write something on it. The boy looked at her curiously. She lifted it, which showed to be the number 9.5. Inuyasha recognized this as a rating and laughed, declaring a big "all right!" and making the peace sign. Kagome giggled.

______________________

Kagome could not remember having any other better time than she was having with Inuyasha. She realized that over the past few weeks they spent together, they had learned so much from each other, and are willing to spend time with each other (which was only for schoolwork, which Kagome didn't really mind.) She nearly burst with happiness, thanking the gods over and over for blessing her with a friend, who seemed so alive and willing. But little did Kagome know; there was still more to come.

_________________________________

There we go! Great start, huh? Yup, yup. Well, thanks for reading, and please look forward to the next chapter! -silverfeather