InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ Eyes of the Wicked ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter VII ~ Eyes of the Wicked

Now this is where you see some conflict. Sorry, but not all stories can be all blue skies and rainbows; something bad's gotta happen sometime. Enjoy the chapter!

__________________________________

Kikyo was walking to school with her friends, enjoying their conversation on clothes and pretty things. Meanwhile, her glance drifted to the schoolyard where it froze in place.

There, in front of the flagpole, was that Kagome girl talking with...

Her eyes widened suddenly as she recognized the silver-haired boy she was speaking to. Inuyasha Hamagichi. She couldn't believe it. An old associate of her's speaking with that world-class freak. It just didn't make sense to her. A frown began to take shape on her face as she growled quietly, infuriated. Her frown did not disappear, even after she saw them walking into the school.

_____________________________



Going their separate ways for their classes, Kagome and Inuyasha waved to each other until they were out of sight.

A certain wolf demon looked around the corner to see Kagome walking alone. A mischievous grin began to shape his face as she left his hiding spot and approached her.

"Hey there." he said, his hands in his pockets. Kagome looked up at him, smiling and saying, " 'Morning." Then she recognized him. "Oh! You're that boy! I'm really sorry again for bumping into you like that on the first day. I was trying so hard to get to my classes on time, I wasn't focusing on who was in front of me..." Kagome trailed off as she noticed his gaze not on her's, but on her body. (Pervert Alert. Pervert Alert.)

"Umm..." she shrank back a tad from his hard gaze at her delicate form. His eyes came back up to her's.

"Don't worry about it, cutie. You were in fact really lucky to be bumping into me. Name's Kouga. Ookamibaka Kouga, sophemore and captain of the Midorikon Basketball Team. And what's your name?" he asked in a low, seductive voice.

Kagome wasn't really sure how to react. She answered his question anyway. "...Kagome. Higurashi Kagome." His eyebrow twitched, intrigued. "Kagome, huh? That's sure a unique name."

She smiled a bit. "Thanks. It's nice to meet you. Now, if you'll excuse me..." she tried to make her way past him, but he stopped again in front of her, blocking her way. "Um, I'm going to be late for class. Could you move, please...?"

"Wow," he said, beginning to close his face on hers. "Polite and cute. I like that in a girl. Most chicks try to come on to me first, but this happens to be your lucky day, Miss Higurashi."

Kagome was not liking where this was going. She had not talked to, nor heard of this boy, but he suddenly took a sudden interest in her. Whether it was playful or not in his view, Kagome didn't approve this one bit.

"How'd you like to come with me after practice this afternoon? I could use someone to help me...relax a little..." his words faded into the air as his hand came up and caught her chin, face coming in closer. Kagome suddenly became scared. Not just scared, but impatient, which she was very rarely. Her face began to morph into an infuriated frown as she gripped his wrist holding her face and pulled it away.

"I'm sorry, but I don't have time for this, Mr. Ookamibaka. I have to get to class; you're making me late! Now please let me be!" she pushed herself aside from him and powerwalked to her next class, fuming and praying she wasn't tardy.

The boy watched, confused as the girl left his sight. He couldn't understand why she wasn't captured by his manly charm (if he ever had any, that is.) While he found this annoying, he also found it strangely attractive. He thought she was trying to grab his attention, to lure him with her "anger," which he also found attractive. (How sick can you get!? I ask you!)

Either way, he was starting to like this girl more and more. And the next time he made a move, he wanted to ensure that it would succeed.

_________________________


Inuyasha and Kagome had lunch together that afternoon, speaking of their study sessions and the weird things they found out about their teachers. Kagome went to the vending machines inside the school to get something to drink for her and Inuyasha. However, when arriving there, leaning against one of them was Kikyo. She froze and stared at her for a few seconds, until Kikyo looked back at her. Kagome flinched and tried to continue her business.

"Who's your little friend?" she suddenly asked. Kagome flinched again as she put the dollar into the machine. Quietly, she answered, "Someone I'm tutoring."

Kikyo raised an eyebrow, not seeming to believe it. "Tutoring, huh? Hmm. That's strange. Inuyasha always seemed like a pretty good student." she said. Kagome appeared surprised. "You know Inuyasha, Miss Ikijigoku?"

The girl nodded. "Yeah. I know him. He knows me, too." She got up from against the machine and came up closer to Kagome, who was just getting her drinks.

"Listen, Higurashi; you don't look like someone who'd lie, but tutoring had better be the only thing you're talking to him for." she told her, sternly and even threateningly. The young girl did not appear to understand. "But why?"

"None of your business. When you're done with your stupid tutoring lessons, I had better not see you talking to him. You understand? Stay away from him." With that, without another word, she walked away. Kagome was shocked, wondering why she would say such things to her. She chewed on this while she gathered the drinks and walked back outside where Inuyasha was waiting. Noticing her not-so-happy face, he asked, "You okay, Kagome?"

She looked back up at him, pausing for a few seconds, before replying with a big, fake smile, "Yeah, I'm fine." She sat down and they continued their conversation. But Kikyo's words troubled Kagome for the rest of the day.

_______________________

Secretly watching them from a window, Kikyo scowled at them. 'Let's hope pretty little Kagome does what she's told, and doesn't try anything...unnecessary.' She walked away.

_______________________

Kouga was watching the two from another window, glaring at Inuyasha. 'What's that idiot doing, talking to my girl? You'd better watch out, muttface. You even think about making a move on her, and you're dead. She's mine...' he growled as he stomped lightly away.

______________________________

Well, there you have it! The Wicked Witch of the Hall and the Royal Perv of the Court, making their true debut. But remember; this is just the beginning. Wait till you see what they got cooked up for the two freshmen. There will be real good surprises. Keep reading!