InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Are Not Alone ❯ A Missing Wish - Part Two ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter IX - A Missing WIsh - Part Two

Welcome back, everyone! silverfeather here! Now in our last episode, someone, or some people, made off with Kagome's treasured pendant, the Shikon. Will she be able to get it back? Read and see!

_____________________________________


Inu yasha felt so unusually content with Kagome in his arms, it wasn't until later that he realized that she had fallen asleep. He adjusted his head slightly to look at her. Her angelic face was entranced in her own deep dreams. The boy hummed a little, taking a moment to brand her peaceful slumbering face into his memory. His eyes wandered to the horizon. Burning crimson clouds skated across the pink sky as the sun began to sink beneath the mountains. So as to not wake her, Inuyasha withdrew one arm and snaked it under her legs, picking her up along with him. She was surprisingly light, weighing no more than a child. Still in the midst of dreams, Kagome snuggled her head more into Inuyasha's jacket. Slowly, without a word, and without a thought, Inuyasha walked out of the school and carried Kagome home. When he got to her front yard, he saw her older brother Miroku talking with Sango. After one single glance, the man (and I use that term lightly) ran straight towards the boy with his baby sister.

"Is she alright!?" Miroku asked, Sango following behind him.

"She's fine. She was studying in the school library and I found her there asleep." Inuyasha lied. It didn't bother him that much, though; after what he had heard from the girl, he figured that it would have been best for her family to not know at the moment. And he knew that when Kagome awakened, she would probably be thinking the same thing. Carefully, he handed the slumbering girl over to her brother.

"Thanks...umm..." He fidgeted, realizing he never actually learned the boy's name.

"Inuyasha. Hamagichi Inuyasha." he answered.

"Oh, okay. Thank you, Inuyasha, for bringing Kagome home." Miroku answered back, smiling gratefully. The boy nodded as he turned and headed home.

Sango looked at the boy suspiciously as he left, lifting a finger to her chin in thought. Miroku glanced at her while he walked up the driveway to take Kagome inside. "What's wrong, Sango?" he asked.

She snapped out of it. "Oh, it's nothing!" And with that, she ran inside after him.


_________________________________



In nocently confused chocolate eyes opened to find a lavender-painted ceiling. They rotated to find family pictures hanging on the walls, along with a star-shaped clock, bookshelves full of manga and novels, and a small desk with some other supplies and items.

Kagome slowly rose from her bed, rubbing her sleepy eyes to find herself back in her room. She looked up at her clock to see that it was half past 3 AM.

She couldn't remember how she ended up back home. The last thing she could remember was crying mercifully about something. She wondered about that for a moment until her hand came to touch the top of her chest, where a necklace was supposed to be. Her eyes went wide, realizing that it wasn't just a bad dream.

Kagome suddenly felt the urge to start crying again, but another memory stopped the very first tear from showing up. She remembered Inuyasha coming into the picture, placing a hand on her shoulder, asking her what was bothering her. She told him while choking back sobs, then felt him pull her quite closely to him, trying to calm her down.

Her heart began to pound lightly in her chest at that memory, her face flushing a delicate pink. As much as that should have seemed awkward to her, Kagome found it actually comforting, nice. Her hand gripped her shirt as her blush became slightly darker. Settling down, Kagome laid her head back on her pillow, ready to embrace dreams once again. As she closed her eyes, the memory continued to run through her mind in an endless playback.



____________________________



The next morning, Kouga stood behind the school by himself, secretly holding a beautiful jewel behind his back, grinning mischievously. His twisted plan was ready for action.

Kikyo saw the boy, fingers curled up tightly in angry fists. She stomped up to Kouga, fuming.

"Hey, you! Give me back my pendant!!" she demanded, practically screaming in his face. He didn't seem to pay it any mind.

"Your pendant? Last time I checked, this was Higurashi Kagome's. Aren't I correct?" he responded. Kikyo flinched back, shocked at the fact he knew the jewel was not really her's.

"N-No, it's not!" she shouted, "Higurashi...gave it to me! She let me have it! So give it back, you bastard!" Kouga shook his head; she was lying. (No duh, Sherlock.)

"Oh, really? If so, then why was she running all over the school looking for it yesterday?" he asked, matter-of-factly.

Kikyo gasped. Busted. She began to tremble and mumble. Kouga grinned again. "Yeah, that's right. You're a liar." he said. She flinched again, but a thought came to mind and she blurted it out loud. "Hey! Wait a minute! So what if it isn't mine! What is someone like you doing with it, Ookamibaka!?" she asked, infuriated.

Kouga blew a bang from his headband. "Simple," he started. "I found it, and I'm waiting for Kagome to show up so I can give it back to her. After all, that's the right thing to do."

"So you'd best stay out of my business, Miss Ikijigoku, or else my tongue shall slip about you stealing something of such great value from Miss Higurashi..." he trailed off, his tone become more playful and also more threatening. Kikyo gasped. She remembered hearing a school rule that said if you stole something of such great value of another, it would mean automatic expulsion. (I'm not exactly sure if this is a real school rule anywhere; I just call em as I see em. And I called this one like a whistle)

Kikyo suddenly ran off, relishing in her anger. She cursed Kouga to herself as she left. The boy then hung up the gem to his face, watching it glimmer in the morning sunlight.

'Now all I gotta do is wait for the princess to arrive...'



__________________________________



T he minute Kagome stepped through the school doors, she ran immediately to the Lost and Found, only to discover that there was no Shikon there. Disappointed, she walked sadly to her first class. While walking down the hallway, she saw Inuyasha through the crowd of kids. Waving to him, she was just about to walk up to him until she was stopped in her tracks by a certain guy.

"Good morning, Miss Higurashi. How are you?" asked Kouga, putting on the smoothest voice he could. Kagome, taking frequent side glances over his shoulders to look at Inuyasha, answered distractedly, "Um, good morning to you too, Mr. Ookamibaka. Now could you please move so I can get to my next class?"

Kouga's confident grin fell downwards as he tsked the girl in front of him, who obviously wasn't really paying much attention to him. "Oh, Miss Higurashi. That really isn't polite to tell me to leave so soon. Especially..." he paused as he pulled out a gorgeous silver-chained jewel from his pocket for her to see. "...since I found this little trinket of yours."

Kagome's eyes were immediately clung to the revealed piece of jewelry. Her eyes widened as she gasped deeply. Inuyasha's expression was the same, as he, even through the many kids, saw him bring out the necklace.

"You...you found it...?" Kagome asked quietly, unable to supress her shock.

"Well, yeah. I found it near the locker rooms. I heard you were looking for it, so..." he took her hand and placed it in her palm. "...there ya go."

A wide and grateful smile crossed Kagome's face, closing her fingers around the necklace and hugging it close to her chest. She was almost certain she would burst into tears from her relief.

Inuyasha looked relieved as well to see that she had obtained the Shikon again. However, that soon changed as he saw what else was happening between her and Kouga.

"I can't believe you found it! Oh, thank you so much, Mr. Ookamibaka!" Kagome squealed, unable to contain her glee. "How in the world I can show my gratitude is beyond me!"

"Well, could you not call me 'Mr. Ookamibaka?' Just call me Kouga." he requested. Kagome nodded.

"Okay, Kouga." she responded, smiling. She then untied the necklace and tried to place it around her neck. Kouga took a jump at this chance. "Let me help you with that."

"Oh, thank you." Kagome answered, handing the jewel back to him so he could hang it around her neck. As he put it on, his eyes wandered her delicate form again. After he tied the necklace, he couldn't help but let his hands feel the creamy, silky skin on her shoulders and neck. Kagome shuddered, shivering a bit at his touch. She immediately turned around to face him.

"Um, I really appreciate you returning my necklace to me, Kouga...but could you please not touch me that way?" she asked, backing away from him slightly. Kouga took this as a playful gesture.

"So sweet and innocent. I can't tell you how...angsty that makes me..." he said seductively, extending his arm and taking hold of her chin. With his other arm, he snaked it around her back, pulling her even closer to him. Kagome wasn't liking this. He was doing it again. Except even worse than before.

"I mean it, Kouga; please don't touch me!" she said, grabbing his hand and trying to pull it off of her. She wriggled in his tight grasp, trying to escape. "Let me go!"

"That's no way to be grateful, Kagome. Let me show you the proper way..." he said, nearing his face closer to his, hoping to close the boundaries between them with his lips. Kagome whimpered, tears of fear beginning to prick the corners of her eyes. His grip was too strong, and she obviously wasn't able to convince him to let her go.

'Somebody help me, please! Miroku...! Sango...!' Right when her face was only a second away from his, she closed her eyes tightly and called out, "INUYASHA!"

BAM.

After a few moments, Kagome opened her eyes when she felt no restriction around her. She looked up and saw Inuyasha in front of her, with a tight fist held up as he glared menacingly at Kouga, who was now lying down on the ground with a bloody lip.

"See, that's what's called 'taking too much credit,' buddy!" the boy said, glaring at the boy with disgust.

"What the hell's your problem, punk!? You want a piece of me!?" Kouga threatened, standing up while trying to clean his lip.

"I would, sure, if you were an actual threat." Inuyasha commented. Kouga growled with malice.

"What's that supposed to mean!?"

"What's the matter? Does the truth hurt?" Inuyasha asked, with a sarcastically worried tone. The wolf demon growled even louder, and turned to walk away. "You're not worth my time!" he said, scoffing. Kouga then began to trod down the hall.

But before he was completely out of sight, both heard him say, "Don't you think I won't come back for you, gorgeous! No stinkin' mutt's gonna get in the way of that!"

Kagome shuddered at his words, hoping she'd never even have to make eye-contact with him again. Inuyasha was actually thinking the same thing, except in a more annoyed manner. When he had left their sight, Inuyasha turned back to Kagome.

"You okay, Kagome?" he asked, lightly placing a hand on her shoulder. She nodded, gripping her necklace. "Thank you, Inuyasha. I just don't understand why Kouga won't leave me alone..."

'I can think of a few good reasons.' Inuyasha thought out of the blue. He froze at that thought, then rebuttled, 'Huh? What? Where did that come from!? Why the hell would I think something like that!? I only like Kagome as a friend, and that dude was really getting on my nerves, trying to act all smooth and cool, especially for a girl who doesn't even wanna give him the time of day! And besides...he really shouldn't have touched her like that! It was just plain wrong! Man, the next time I see him doing junk like that, I'll kick him so hard in the rear, his butt's gonna end up at the back of his head. Doesn't the dude know how to listen...'

"Umm, Inuyasha? Are you alright?" Kagome asked, noticing him space out for some odd reason. Immediately descending back to earth from her voice, he answered, "Y-yeah, I'm fine. I...uh...I'm just glad that you're okay." he fidgeted, scratching his head. Kagome looked at him with wonder and gratitude shining in her eyes. Inuyasha noticed and stammered even more.

"D-Don't get me wrong! I mean...if that guy was all over you, then we wouldn't be able to get any studying done, so..." Any other possible things to say were gone from him. Kagome's eyes suddenly became lightly plagued with sadness at that comment, but it went away as she saw that was just how he was. She smiled warmly, thanking him again. Inuyasha's cheeks were struck with a rosy blush as they walked down through the hallway.



__________________________



Kikyo had seen the entire event from behind some of the lockers. She really didn't care about what Kouga was doing to Kagome, but what bothered her was Inuyasha standing up to protect her from him. That bothered her very much. She realized that Kagome must've done something to him; made a move on him or something. That made her angry. That's when she decided that she would have to take matters into her own hands. Kikyo concluded right then that it was time for her to say a few words to her old associate again.



_______________________________________


W ell, how'd you guys like that!? All in all, this chapter wasn't that hard to write, since most people out there figure this is just a natural occurence between Inuyasha, Kagome and Kouga. Anyway, look forward to the next chapter, where the entire story is going to take a serious turn!