Jem Fan Fiction ❯ "Ulimate Holograms" ❯ The Close Call ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

“Ultimate Holograms”
Part 5: “The Close Call.”
By Dr. Thinker
 
The Misfits was worried as they heard weird laughter coming from CEO office as Trash opened the door. They saw Eric was laughing: “I shouldn't have thought of that before! Now I can get May got to help me.”
 
Jetta asked, “What are you talking about you bloody fruitcake?”
 
Eric stated, “It looked at May Malone's contract with Starlight Music. I can't fire her—but I can prevent her from getting money.”
 
Stormer asked, “How?”
 
Eric stated, “Not doing her job. She is the head of Starlight Fraud Police. It's an office that is trying preventing another `Milli Vanili' from entering the music world.”

Stormer stated, “We know Jem can sing.”

Eric stated, “I got this feeling that Jerrica is Jem, but I need proof-but I need to via this company. I set it up that Jem and the Holograms are doing a surprise appearance for one of Howard's daughter, Carol Sands. She is a movie director—and I know she needs a music band. Her original one hired was The Gamer, but its looks like it is taking longer then the police to thought to get who's behind that non-Internet music pirate ring.”
 
A growling voice stated, “That's become I'm the one behind it.”
 
Everyone turned to see a blonde hair man in a red-shirt, blue jeans, and a leather jacket.
 
Eric stated, “This is Zack Zipper, my personally lawyer…”
 
Jetta stated, “You must be what the bloody newspapers call `The Zipper', the biggest mob boss in the entire bloody city.”
Zack stated, “Jetta, you got more brains in your heads then the entire Royal Family.”
 
Jetta asked, “You really know them?”

Zack stated, “Yeah. They are a bunch of bloody fools. Anyway, I come in to tell her two things: Eric had finally got rid of that Howard's lawsuit—and second, I needs some time off. I need to get rid of the Gamers' off my Asia pals' backside—so they get the last bunch of Gamers' record into China.”
 
 
Eric stated, “Since you got rid of Howard's lawsuit, I'm letting you off the hook. Do not worry too much about the Holograms. By the time you return, they will be ancient history.”
 
Zipper stated, “If they get too tough for you, me and the boys will take them on—if catch my drift.”
 
Eric replied, “Drift caught.” Zipper left for the private staircase to the roof in Eric's office, as Eric asked, “Carol, can you please call May Malone into my office. I want talk to her.”
 
-G-
 
Since Eric become the CEO of Starlight Music, Christy, Jo and May all sent their lunch times in May's fraud department—instead of the Starlight Music's cafeteria. Christy and Jo told—more like forewarned by her research assistants--that May has been drinking coffee like it was not going to be made anymore.
 
Christy Marx joked, “Hey, Coffee Girl, I take you need a little decaf coffee in your diet.”
 
May Malone stated, “Christy, you would be regular drinking coffee like it's going out of style you were just place between a rock and a hard place.”

Jo Ann growled, “Oh, great. Eric must have found out that you don't get pay unless you do your job.”
 
May nodded. “He told me to find proof that Jem's someone else. I believe Jem is Jerrica Benton.”

Jo Ann asked, “What if the proof is something different—as if Jem's not Jerrica?”
 
May questioned, “Did some remove your brain and replace it with Aja's brain?”
Jo Anna replied, “I know you created decent fakes for a show on how to tell fakes from the real deal.”

May stated, “Bad news is that he's going to have Clash follow me from a distance.”

Jo Ann stated, “Make it look like you doing it—but at different point—telling her you need to get some food in you. At this point, head home and create a fake. If Eric or Clash call you tell them, Jem left something at your house—and you bringing it in sooner or later. If Jerrica or one of the Holograms calls, just be yourself.”
 
May stated, “Sounds like plan. I tell Eric I will tail her for a week starting to tomorrow. Then I give them the proof on next Wednesday. That way, if Clash or Eric gets a step ahead of me, I have an out to make a few more fakes.”
-O-
 
Starlight Music Fraud Police Journal #1
By May Malone (Department Head)
Subject: Jem

If you ask me about Eric's thoughts, I will tell you that he is full of hot air. He thinks Jem is Jerrica Benton under a pink wig. Jerrica told me not to long again that she is allergic to pink wigs and hair-dye gives her bad rash. If she was not allergic to pink wigs or hair-dye did not give a bad rash, I would agree with him 100 percent.

Clash brought me Starlight Mansion trashcans. I told her that I stash the trashcans at home and get around looking in them during the night-and told her that my house will home to anyone related to the Misfits.
 
There was only one appearance for Jem today—on the set of a Hollywood movie for a surprise for Howard Sands' daughter, Carol Sands--and she went to her home at Starlight Mansion.
 
-O-
 
Starlight Music Fraud Police Journal #2
By May Malone (Department Head)
Subject: Jem
 
Got a call from Eric today, I told him I hunted in the trashcans all night long yesterday—and find something little bit surprising. Clash arrived at 1:30 PM. She had to deal with Misfits' new video—and the Misfits like to take an early and long lunch during their video shoots. Clash hounded me for about what I founded in the trashcans, I told her that I would show her and Eric what I found on Wednesday.

No Jem appearance today, we trailed Jerrica's “Starlight Van” for today. It ended up being park in government offices from 2:30 PM to 9:00 PM. Clash was getting bored around 4:00 AM, and took her mountain bicycle out of truck of my car—and left. Jerrica saw my car and I told her the truth. She had gotten a recreated copy of Jem's birth paper and a new ID for Jem to use in the city. She handed me a copy of both the paper and the ID for me to use in any plans I might have. This could have worked better if I wrote this as episode of a cartoon episode series
 
-O-

Starlight Music Fraud Police Journal #3
By May Malone (Department Head)
Subject: Jem
 
Back to the government office for me today, Eric told me researched Jerrica Benton's father, Emmett Benton, the founder and first CEO of Starlight Music. It seems that Emmett was more of genius at computer then Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. I could not get to see his dairy—only Jerrica or Kimber Benton could see it—or to paraphrase one of James Bond's movie title, “For Sisters' Eye Only”—one of the deeds was from the Starlight Drive-In. Clash wanted me to check it out fully. It was emptier then a ghost town—nothing of important—unless you consider enough a cobweb to make a spider happy very important! Clash was annoyed—and left to join the Misfits at “Storehouse”, a new wave club that is on the border between safe and no-so-safe territory. Meanwhile, my assistants are working on a special pet project of mine—it has nothing to do with Jem/Eric business I was stuck with.
 
 
-O-

Starlight Music Fraud Police Journal #4
By May Malone (Department Head)
Subject: Jem
 
My project, code-named “Mountain Dew”, will soon be complete. This has nothing to do with the Jem/Eric business I am working on.
 
Jem showed up at Comet Inc. today, for the release of her self-title album—in store tomorrow. Jerrica was around.
 
In addition, Clash showed up and stole my previous plans code-named after “soda drinks”. The ones M.I.A. are the following: “Pepsi”, “Coke”, “Diet Coke”, “Diet Pepsi” and “Barq's Root Beer”. The last one is my favorite—and might be a little more damaging to me. It created a six fake “bubble gum pop” album—and might reveal that “Mountain Dew” has something to do with “Starlight Music.” Jetta and Clash confronted me after my latest meeting with Eric. I told them a common phrase, “I am conforming or denying anything about Mountain Dew.”
 
-N-
 
As usual, Eric, Clash and the Misfits were in Eric's Starlight Music office. Eric stated while he was laughing like the original Cobra Commander, “So she names all of her special music project after pop drinks. “
 
Jetta remarked after a laugh, “Sounds like she's the bloody teenager who won't know pop music from popcorn popping.”
 
Clash stated, “I research her. She is known around town as a honorable faker. She could be Jem. According to the `Barq's Root Beer' code-file, she made six fake “bubble gum pop” albums.

Eric stated, “Nay, May's hair may look pink in certain lights, but she's a strawberry red hair-woman. If Jem was an orange-hair woman, my first choice will be her. She a little below the Misfits on the singing range—she can't be Jem.”
 
-O-

Starlight Music Fraud Police Journal #5
By May Malone (Department Head)
Subject: Jem
 
I had to make a deal with Eric. I kept on my fraud police business—if he does two things—give me what Clash stolen and kept her away. Pizzazz told Eric to agree to the deal—it's hard to kept Roxy working without Clash around. Eric give me all the files.

Also, I think I discovered who's behind the “Mountain Dew” indecent—this should help me with a few Japanese stars.
-M-
 
Once again the Misfits were meeting with the Eric in his office, Eric was stomping around like angry Lex Luthor.

Jetta asked “What got so bloody angry that you make the Hulk look friendly?”
 
Eric stated, “Zipper and his band got arrested for stealing and copying of `The Gamers' albums. The Gamers hit Bamboo Music Inc. with the largest lawsuit in the history of the world.”
 
Pizzazz “What's does Bamboo Music got you so mad?”
 
Eric stated, “Bamboo Inc is Starlight Music's Japanese company—creating Japanese pop music. Pretty successful too—if you ask me. Not would not be make to totally ticked-off, but Christy, Jo and Marx are paying the lawsuit by using half of the money, I sent side for you guys. The stockholders are doing a internet voting—anyone with even 1/100th in Starlight Music stocks are going to being voting on me—and I thinking they are going to vote me out.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “Don't worry! I got an idea, Eric.”
 
-O-
 
The stockholders were talking—all were agreeing on that Eric was not following the original motto of Starlight Music. “Do all music type—no matter you private opinion on it.” But, they were arguing on who's would be the next C.E.O—and a few people were afraid of a contest—Eric had a lot of friends in the business—and revenge might be on their minds—but some spoke up about some one that hadn't talk about---“What about Jerrica Benton?”
 
They were an enough yes from them—to make it official.
 
-M-

Eric sighed as the entered the Misfits' black van. Clash was next to him. “I hope you father is going to be up to his idea.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “Don't worry, he hates annoyances—and I'm one of his biggest annoyances.”

Jetta asked, “So you got yourself kicked to the bloody curb, who's the bloody new boss of Starlight Music?”
 
Eric stated, “Comet Inc's boss just went to the top of the ladder.”

Clash stated, “Oh, no! Not her.”
 
Eric replied, “You read coded `Project: Diet Coke' file that May Malone wrote didn't you.”
 
Clash stated, “Yes.”
 
Jetta remarked, “You guys know that I hate bloody drama—so will you at least tell me who the new boss of Starlight Music, before I give a literally meaning of being kick to the curb—and I'm not just arranging bloody chairs on the bloody Titanic!”

Eric and Clash sighed as they stated, “Jerrica Benton!”
 
Pizzazz vowed, “I swear on the music charts that I will get even with Jerrica and Jem the best way I know how by conquering the music charts!”
 
Roxy, Jetta, Clash and Stormer clap their hands for this statement—thought Stormer's clap was done as one-handed clap.
 
-J-
Once again, people were meeting in Starlight CEO's office, but it was May Malone, Jo Anna, Christy Marx, Rio Poncho, Jerrica Benton, and Kimber Benton
 
Jerrica stated, “I don't believe my luck.”
 
May stated, “It was not your luck.”
 
Jerrica asked, “The result of one of your pet projects, May?”
 
May replied, “Yes. `Project: Mountain Dew'. As you not know, Comet Inc is not the only non-regular music company we own. Bamboo Inc is another company Starlight Music own. It handles Japanese J-Pop. One of them are “The Gamers”, and I am been working around for someone. I was able to discover that Zack Zipper, Eric's lawyer took sometime off—in Asia. S I assumed that he was behind the Asia crime, I heard rumors that might be the crime boss of this city, but I did not have any proof. But one of my research assistants discovered a camera tape of him telling Eric that he was behind the crime.”
 
Jo Anna replied, “So what are you doing to about?”

Jerrica stated, “I called you in because I'm doing a celebration—and return to the usual Benton away of doing things. I collected the tops bands from every company owned Starlight Music.”
 
Rio stated, “I'm guessing you going to move Jem's contract from Comet Inc. and Starlight Music.”

Jerrica stated, “That's right—and she will perform last at the concert.”
 
*J*

Jem touched her earrings—and the light illusion of Jerrica appeared in front of the curtained
 
The Jerrica illusion stated, “And now for the final act of this evening, Jem and the Holograms!”

Jem touched the earrings—and the light illusion of Jerrica disappeared. Jem assumed the crowd would think Jerrica walk in and walk out.
 
Everyone—even the other bands will surprise. This was the first time they got to see the famous Jem as she curtain reveal her with her band: the Holograms. Kimber on the keyboard, Aja and Sheena on guitar, and Raya on the drums
 
Jem stated, “Thanks you for your support! Even know our album has yet to appearance on the charts—even know it's been made.
“ She paused to have a laugh then added, “The Benton family knows the true rule of the music. Tonight song is “Music is Music.”
 
-SONG BREAK—
 
“Music is Magic”
Jem and the Holograms
 
Music is Magic!
Nothin can compare!
Everybody starts to rock
When music's in the air!
Music is Magic!
Music makes you whole
(Music is Magic!)
It warps itself around you
,
Filling up your soul!
Music is Magic!
Cuts through silence like a knife
Wondrous and mystical
(Music is Magic)
Somethin' of a miracle
(Sweet, sweet Magic)
Music is the sweet, sweet sound of love
(Music is Magic!)
Music sets you free
(Music is Magic!)
It lets you see the world the way it oughtta be
Music is Magic!
Cuts through silence like a knife
Wondrous and mystical
(Music is Magic!)
Somethin' of a miracle
(Sweet, sweet Magic)
Music is the sweet, sweet sound of love
(Music is Magic!)
Music sets you free
(Music is Magic!)
It lets you see the world the way it oughtta be
(Music is Magic!)
Music makes you fly
(Music is Magic!)
It finds you when you're low
And lifts you to the sky
(Music is Magic!)
(Music is Magic!)
 
-SONG BREAK OVER-
 
The crowd went wild over the song.
 
Kimber stated, “Looks like Jem's a hit in more ways then one.”
 
Jem joked, “Would have it any other way.”
 
-The End of the Beginning-
 
Yeah, now we are going to get into the regular episodes from his point on.
 
Logging off,
Dr. Thinker