Jem Fan Fiction ❯ "Ulimate Holograms" ❯ The Photo Shoot ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Female voice: In our previous outrageous episodes, Jerrica Benton need helped to stop Eric's rotten backing of the gothic new wave group know as the Misfits. They discover me—Synergy. She planned on using my holograms to create a solid rock star—but without knowing that solid illusion cannot talk. With the help of Raya, Jerrica become Jem--the lead singer of “Jem and Holograms”. Eric attempted to use May Malone to get Jem's true identity, but May got Eric's crooked lawyer and Los Angeles mob boss—Zack Zipper jailed for trying to help the Asia mob. The stockbrokers decided to vote Eric out of control of Starlight Music and put in Comet Inc's boss as the new head of Starlight Music. Not too surprising, Comet Inc's boss was Jerrica Benton. Jerrica's first move as CEO was to take Jem's contract from Comet Inc and turn into a “Starlight Music” contract.
 
Male Voice: Sorry, for the use of outrageous—but it's common on recaps on
The original Jem—so no harm here. Oh, by the way, I have my bases on how
Jem acts from a few old cartoons. And from now on, Sheena is Shana.
 
“Ultimate Holograms: Part 6 - “The Photo Shoot”
By Dr. Thinker
 
From Music Nuts' webpage:
 
“IT'S GEM—ER--JEM'S WORLD.”
Music Review: “Jem and the Holograms”
BY GOOD NOTES

An old book series for teenagers in the 1980s called “Gem” deal with adventures of a fictional rock band called, “Gem and the Beamers” and their annoying rivals, “The Nightmares”. To summary the series in a nutshell:
Red haired Georgina Tenton uses a Holo—a holographic computer to become Gem, an orange hair lead singer of “Gem and the Beamers”.
 
Why I mention that book series? Well, I think the writer—I'm not going to admit it's Egghead—which turned out to be Inda Tenton in the final book—a fictional character can't write a book herself—thought they are real ghost writers out there. Just ask Alex Boese of “The Museum of Hoaxes” & “The Hippo-Eats-Dwarf” fame—had protected the birth of one of rock star newest hottest act: Jem and the Holograms. Jem is the lead singer of his group. The Holograms consider of two guitars, one keyboardist, and one drummer. The guitarists are Shana Elmsford and Aja Leigh. The drummer is Raya Carmen Alonso. The keyboardist is Kimber Benton. Their manager is Jerrica Benton, the new CEO of Starlight Music. Starlight Music has 50 bands and 10 solo singers. It owns
Bamboo Inc. Bamboo Inc is he headquarters of the Japanese pop-band the Gamers. It also owns Comet Inc, where Jerrica was head boss woman before Jem's first appearance.
 
Well, I just got their first album—I enjoyed their work. It come in two covers—both 50/50. One is Jem by herself—the other is her back-up group the Holograms. They also had a good sense of humor—missing from many people in music world. Take a look from a bit of from their thanks you notes:And last, we wanted to thank Roxy of the Misfits for spilling the beans on Eric Raymond's rigged contest—without that information—Jem and the Hologram wouldn't have been founded. I just hope we do not bump into you for a month--From Kimber, Aja, Shana and Raya.”
 
The songs are dream to listen to it---all new way to listen to pop music. My favorite songs are “Only the Beginning”, “Twilight in Paris” and “Music is Magic”. If this is a dream, please do not wake me up for tomorrow! I decide to give this album the Success Credit Card—and the guess that they will sweep at either the STAGE awards or the Grammy awards. Good luck—Jem and the Holograms.
 
-J-
 
Kimber asked with a growl, “Did they have to mention that book series?”
 
Raya stated, “I'm not too mad.”
 
Aja stated, “That because you have the entire book series.”

Raya laughed, “They are a lot of people that had entire series book—but I'm not the one that in his mansion that has downloaded and printed it from the web.”
 
Kimber, Raya and Shana laughed at the annoyed look on Aja's face—since every time Aja got annoyed she looked like Mr. Spock from original “Star Trek” series.
 
Aja asked, “You just wanted to bring out my Spock look for a laugh didn't you?”
 
Kimber, Raya and Shana stated in unison, “Guilty as charged, Judge Leigh”
 
Jerrica was too quiet—thought out the meetings—and Kimber was worried. Kimber had a few ways of getting to Jerrica.”
 
Kimber stated, “Earth to Jerrica.”
 
Kimber frowned. She did not get a word out of Jerrica.
 
Kimber stated, “Earth to Jem.”
 
Kimber frowned. Jerrica was too being too quiet for her own good.
 
Kimber unleashed her most famous words: “Earth to Jemica!”
 
Jerrica shouted, “DON'T CALL ME THAT, KIMBER LYNN BENTON!”
 
Kimber stated, “Sorry, but you had been so quiet, what were you thinking?”
 
Jerrica stated, “How to make Jem look is as real as can be with out giving away that she's an illusion over me.”
 
Kimber stated, “Don't worry, we all help you work out Jem's history and personality.”
 
Jerrica smiled and stated, “Thanks!”
 
-M-
 
Roxy groaned, “Jem this! Jem that! I got a nice little headache that Rita Repulsa of `Power Ranger' fame would die for!”
 
Stormer rolled her eyes—Roxy knows that Rita Repulsa gets headaches after her monsters got defeated—so in this case, if Roxy wants to give someone a headache, she got to have a huge headache—from listening the other talking about Jem's reviews.
 
Jetta stated, “I would love to show those Irene Ablers a thing or two!”
 
Pizzazz laughed, “In other words--up-stage those pop music clowns!”
 
Jetta nodded-meaning Pizzazz got the right meaning.

Stormer stated, “How?”
 
Pizzazz stated, “As you know—new bands got to get interview by the music press. Jerrica been doing much of it, but soon or later, they want in from straight from the horse mouth. —we put in a fake interviewer for a fake newspaper.”
 
Stormer stated, “None of us could disguise us to save our life—and everyone knows you like to be Phyllis Gabor when you want to take a long break from being Pizzazz.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “At least you didn't use my name like Eric does, Mary Phillips. Nevertheless, I do know someone who is good as disguising her. Not as outrageous as Jem—but pretty awesome—but I don't think she can act like a rocket scientist—even know it's her favorite costume for Halloween.”
 
Stormer eyebrow raised—Pizzazz was talking about Clash, the Misfit's manager.
 
Clash groan as she entered Stormer's house, “Your father's money is helping us out—he's making a music company—Misfits Music. In addition, your father's lawyers are trying to get Eric out of jail. The company will ready to open by the end of the month—and Eric should show up 3 to 5 weeks into the company's first month.”
 
Jetta stated, “About bloody time we got some good news.”

Clash stated, “Got some bad news. This Saturday, Jem's going to interview—and they are going to be lot of press for them.”
 
Pizzazz asked, “Hey, Clash. Still like disguising yourself?”
 
Clash stated, “Yeah!”
 
Pizzazz stated, “Well, I got a mission for you!”
 
-SONG BREAK-
 
“HERE WE COME”
THE MISFITS
 
Do you think we are done like a cookedpizza?
Do you think we had enough like a bad actor?
Well, girl, you use brain!
 
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
 
I do not care to hear
Your side of the Story
I do not care to know
If you are with us or against us
 
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
 
The only thing we care about
Is sending Jem and the Holograms
To the bottom of the music charts
 
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
 
I got one word that answers
Those questions we annoyed you with at
The start of this song—and that word is “No!”
 
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
Here We Come!
 
You won't be stop you,
So why don't you just crawl back
To the rock you come out of, Jem.
-Song Break Over-
 
Pizzazz stated, “Not bad a costume, Clash!”
 
Clash was dressed in a 1950-style poodle sweater and skirt—she was holding a video camera that she stolen from her cousin, Video—a few years ago. “I just hope that Video doesn't recognizing his disguise.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “What happen?”

Clash stated, “It turns out that both were Japan for a funnel for a famous J-Pop video pop director. I attempted to steal Video's pal in Japanese friends—but it turns out they are liked Video. They turned out to Net, Tower, Cable and Key.”
 
Jetta added, “A.k.a the Gamers.”
 
Clash nodded, “Yes. They helped Video-but Mary thought she failed the first time around in America—and tried her luck in Japan. We both hit it off—and returned to the United States.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “And the rest is history.”
 
Clash nodded as she placed a blonde wig over her purple/red/blue hair.
 
Pizzazz stated, “So, what's your name—in this disguise?”
 
Clash stated, “I heard Roxy mention Rita. I did not have a first name—but I did have a last name—Pocket. Rita Pocket.”
 
Roxy stated, “Sounds like a silly name for a food dish.”
 
*J*
 
Jem asked. Jerrica has photographic memory—and read the fictional book on her life written by Kimber, Aja, Rio, Raya and Shana. The story forced on Jem's life story. The book ended with the meeting with volunteering of Jem as the lead singer of Jem and the Holograms.
 
There were a lot of photographers, camerapersons, and interviewers. Jem had given them the fictional answers written. Since the fiction answers planned out very well — only one person, give them a hard time—her name was Rita Pocket.
Rita has been seeing hanging around the locked room. In fact, all Holograms had told them to Rita to stay away from that room.
 
Raya stated, “Jem, I did a search for Rita's video-disc magazine—`Popcorn Music'-and it's got one site—Clash's blog before she become the Misfits' manager.”

Video stated, “Now I remember that outfit Rita has—I saw it before. It's the same one Clash used in Japan! She attempted to steal my friends in Japan—but they turned out to the Gamers: Net, Tower, Cable and Key.”
 
Rita looked a little worried—but she had a called Stormer's cell phone.
 
-M-
 
Stormer stated, “We got the call, Misfits.”
 
Misfits stated, “What's the plan?”
 
Pizzazz stated, “Rumble them—but leave Jem to me!”

Roxy stated, “Aye, aye! Captain Pizzazz.”
 
The Misfit's van smashed the fake brick wall (The fake brick wall made out of soft clay) into Starlight Mansion—and the Misfits run into—and saw the Holograms performing---
 
--SONG BREAK”
 
“CLICK/CASH”
The Holograms/the Misfits
 
Click! And it comes in focus!
Click! And the world takes notice!
Click! And in a flash
,
You're the latest fashion, an overnight smash!
Clash!
That's what we're gonna do
If you don't step aside!
Clash!
Look out we're comin' though
Better run somewhere and hide,
You better hide!
Click! And it's all so thrilling!
Click! And you've got top billing!
Click! And there you are
,
You're the new sensation, a media star!
Clash!
We're gonna pick a fight,
Gonna kick us up a fuss!
Clash!
Yes, you'll regret the day that you got in our way!
Baby, you don't wanna clash with us!
Click, It can happen just that quick!
Clash, We're really on our way now!
Click! Any moment we will click!
Clash! We'll reach the top any day now!
Click! Clash!
Click! It can happen just that quick!
Clash! We're really on our way now!
Click! Any moment we will click!
Clash! We'll reach the top any day now!
Click! Clash!
Click! Clash!
Click! Clash!
Click!
-SONG BREAK OVER-
 
 
Pizzazz stated, “No way but down for you, Jem.”
 
Just then, Clash knocked Pizzazz down.
 
Stormer stated, “What happen to you?”
 
Clash stated, “Why were harassing the Holograms—I got lucky with that lock—I hit 666 on it.”

Jetta replied, “The so called number of the bloody beast.”
 
“As you know I use Lucky Number locks--and 666 is their master code. It unlocks all locks. I got into the room—and found a wall that acted like a ghost—if you caught my drift.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “Drift caught.”
 
Jem was nervous—that wall was Clash was about to expose Jem's secret identity—but then follow stated from Clash happen:
 
Clash stated, “I enter the room, and found Tinka. She's quiet, but she wrote that's she's Jem's bodyguard—and if I didn't want my mind erase, she saw get rid me.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “It's just mostly like Jerrica Benton is disguise.”
 
Jerrica Benton and Tinya appeared walked into the room. Tinya stated, “Who did you say I was disguise for?”
 
Clash and the Misfits were shocked. “Even a bad actor knows when it time to bows out.”
 
Pizzazz stated, “In other words, Misfits! Let us make some tracks!”
 
-J-

That night, in Synergy's room.

Synergy stated, “That was a close one—lucky I thought up Tinya quickly.”
 
Jerrica stated, “Smart thinking.”
 
Aja stated, “I downloaded the updated code on the number lock. If the Misfits return-that number won't work at all.”
 
Jem stated, “Also, that appearance by those liquid illusions of Jerrica and Tinya was good enough to fowl Clash and the Misfits.”

Synergy stated, “They won't be think Jerrica is Jem for a long time.”
 
Raya stated, “She's got a point.”
 
Aja stated, “And with those interviews you did. No one is planet will consider that Jem really Jerrica.”
 
-THE END—
 
Ok, “Here We Come!” is an original song I made up for this part, while “Click/Clash” lyric come from “Jem: Unlimited” web page.” As usual for song duels, italics are for Jem and the Holograms singing parts, while bold is for the Misfits singing parts.
 
The following episodes from the 1980 series are how I view Jem's actions: “In Stitches”, for Jem helping Shana thought out the episode and for Jem's real view on the Misfits in `Time is Running Out' video; “The Rock Fashion Book” for how Jerrica/Jem does business; “Scandal”, for Jerrica/Kimber relationship; and “The Treasure Hunt”, for Jem's fairness.
 

Logging off,
Dr. Thinker