Jem Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The Mega Rock-Man ❯ We need to out-do Jem. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
 
The mall would be closing soon, and most of the shoppers had already left. It also took the Holograms ten whole minutes to get Kimber up and out of her seat.
 
“You were right though.” Said Raya. “That guy is amazing.”
 
Kimber nodded, “I guess you see now why I wanted to play the keyboard in the band.” She said. “I wonder if I can get his autograph.”
 
“Well, let's go see if we can find him.” suggested Rio, and they all went off to ask the doorman at the entrance of the mall.
 
“He left?” asked Kimber.
 
The man nodded. “The minute he finished his show, that boy ran out of here like lightning.” He said to them. “As matter of fact… he seemed pretty desperate to glad to get out of here.”
 
This struck Jerrica as even more odd than ever. She had taken a good look at me during my Showtime, and I did look a little more different in person than my picture.
 
In Kimber's poster from five years ago, I looked just a like a normal everyday young man. Tall, skinny, black hair, with red outline (DNA2: Junta Momanari style)
 
But when I was on stage, I looked slightly taller. My muscles were a little larger, and my facial expressions were altered a bit.
 
In other words… I looked much more handsome on stage than I did in Kimber's poster. Jerrica still said it was probably the fact that I grew just a little older. Yet, she couldn't shake off this funny feeling she had that there was more to it.
 
“You okay Jerrica?” asked Rio.
 
Jerrica snapped back down to Earth. “Oh… yeah, I'm alright.” She answered. “I was just a little disappointed that we didn't get a chance to talk to Mykan.”
 
“Well, we may just get another chance.” Said Shana, “He's a superstar like us. How hard can he be to track down?”
 
“I don't know about that.” Said Kimber. “Five years ago, except for his posters, nothing else came out about him at all. No figurines. No records. Not even a hotline about him.”
 
Rio decided they best head home and he'd conduct some research on me.
 
The Next Day
 
Eric Raymond had indeed read the newspaper about Jem's new merchandise, and he did get pissed as he slammed the paper down on the table
 
“Jem, Jem, Jem… always Jem!” he growled. He pressed a button on his desk. “Misfits, Clash! Front and center!!” he bellowed.
 
One by one the Misfits, Pizzazz, Roxy, Stormer, and Jetta entered. Clash, still not a member, but their noble spy, came through the door.
 
“What's all the screaming for boss?” asked Pizzazz. But she got her answer when she read the paper about Jem. “Ugh… I had to ask?”
 
Eric nodded and then showed them that their sales and profits had gone way down. “You realize what's going to happen to us if things don't start improving?” he said.
 
The Misfits had always been outdone by Jem. Jem always had more songs, merchandise, fans, and everything else with it. Eric slammed his fist on his desk. “If I have told you Misfits once… Have told you A-Thousand, Thousand… Thousand, Thousand times…”
 
“WE… NEED… TO… OUT-DO… JEM!!”
 
The Misfits all nodded, “But what can we really do about it?” asked Roxy. “How can we compete with them. They got 84 songs compared to our measly 36!”
 
“She's right.” Added Stormer, “And every time we try to beat them either in music, or beat them silly, we always end up the big losers!”
 
Eric decided that if they couldn't beat Jem's music, or climb as high as they could. Then what they would need is… a New attraction.
 
“We need to find some kind of… Superstar.” He said as he paced around the room. “Someone, just as good as Jem would be themselves.”
 
Jetta was looking through the paper again. “Hey… I think I got it.” She said. “Take a look here.”
 
Eric read the article about shows performing in town…
 
Before Jem and the holograms… World's greatest Keyboard master, and renowned one-man band, and singing superstar: Mykan Rockman, performing at Main street youth center and gym.
 
Eric looked up from the paper. “Hmm.... interesting. Hmm, mm, mm!” He sniggered. “Clash, I have a spy mission for you.” He said.
 
Clashes mission was to head to the youth center tomorrow, and get some visual info about me and my talents.
 
“If this kid's as good as he's known to be. I think we may have just found our ticket to out-doing Jem.” He said.
 
“I won't let you down Eric. Or you, Misfits.” Said Clash and she went off to disguise herself for her big scandal tomorrow.
 
(MISFITS: I LOVE A SCANDAL)
 
Scandal, I love a scandal (A juicy, juicy scandal)
Wherever it is, I'll track it down
And spread it to everyone in town (A juicy, juicy scandal)
 
Scandal, I love a scandal (A juicy, juicy scandal)
Scandal, I love a scandal (A sight too hot to handle)
When I'm on the scent, there's no stopping me
There's no way you're gonna hide from me, no
 
I'll get the goods on you
My ear is to the ground
And once I've got the goods on you
I'll see it gets around
I love a scandal
 
Scandal, I love a scandal (A juicy, juicy scandal)
Servin' it down, and spyin' it out
There's just something I love about a scandal
I love a scandal
I love a scandal
 
The Next day
 
Rio told Jerrica earlier that morning that he studied as much about me as he could. So far all he learned was I was last now to be residing in the Gurney Orphanage ten years ago, but that was it.
 
Now or days I was a man who was well know, but never seen in public. In fact, my live performances were the only way for people to actually see my face.
 
Jerrica and the others were going to youth center for a good workout, but Jerrica was still pondering over about her thoughts of me and the peculiar odd things.
 
“What do you think Synergy?” she asked.
 
“I don't know rightly what to think.” She answered. “I've never heard of a superstar world famous, but hardly ever seen or heard from.”
 
“Maybe we could try asking the people at the gurney orphanage.” Replied Jerrica. But she suddenly remembered that the Gurney had also been long gone for as long as anyone can remember.
 
Nobody knew what happened to it.
 
Suddenly there was a knock at the door. “Come on, Jer… let's go.” called Rio. “Don't you want to see me work my pumps?”
 
Jerrica and Synergy shared giggle. “I'll be right there.” Jerrica called. “See you, Synergy.”
 
“Good Luck, Jerrica.” Synergy smirked at Jerrica, and then she was gone, and the others all headed off.