Jem Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The Mega Rock-Man ❯ The Truth about Mykan Part One ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
I kept on walking down the road with my shoulders slumped forward with my head drooping. “Oh, man… it's always this way with me.” I said sadly.
 
I kept on walking right out of the city, into the big stretches of hillsides and fields. “A guy who has two bodies in one. How weird is that?”
 
Little did I realize that I was being followed by Jerrica and Kimber. They had to try and talk to me. Who or What was that guy they saw come out of me in the café, and what was the deal with him?”
 
“Jerrica, we can't go snooping around like this.” Said Kimber, but Jerrica was insistent that they at least find out where I was going, and pretty soon they got their answer.
 
“Play me some music, Dude.” I said to myself, and then just like before at the café, music was coming from out of nowhere, only this music was rather blue and sorrowful.
 
(Mykan)
 
I walk up this hill with my heart filled with blues,
And my toes are all terribly sad in my shoes.
I have failed once again, what a mess I have made.
They now the truth and boy are they afraid.
 
“He's singing to himself.” said Jerrica. “Gee, he sure looks blue.”
 
They quietly climbed up over the hill behind me, and there at the top was the old Gurney orphanage, that had been fixed up a little by the money I made… My Home.
 
Even though it was much larger and more advanced than people remembered it, it still looked pretty old.
 
(Mykan)
 
The house where my family had left me
was badly in need of repair.
The gicky green shutters were groaning,
My weathervane flapped in despair.
The Termites were munching the staircase,
As I climbed to the very top shelf.
In the place where my family had left me,
Alone, all alone… by myself.
 
I checked the mailbox, and no surprise, it was empty again as it had been for years. I sighed heavily, yet sadly and walked inside.
 
Jerrica and Kimber were both saddened and shocked to find all this out. All that fame and I still live in an orphanage, and from the looks of it… All alone too.
 
Later on
 
Jerrica and Kimber, met up with the others at the mall, except for Rio, and told the others about what they saw.
 
“No way!” said Aja.
 
“It can't be true.” sdded Shana.
 
Well actually it was true. I still lived at the Gurney Orphanage. Which obviously meant that I never was adopted, but that still didn't explain anything about that other guy who Kimber and Jerrica saw in the café.
 
“What kind of a hologram are we dealing with here?” asked Raya.
 
“That's just the thing… it isn't a hologram.” Said Jerrica. The others paused to cast a look upon her and Kimber.
 
“Look we know it sounds crazy, but it can't be a hologram.” Said Kimber, “If he was able to beat up all those men in café, then it has to be real.”
 
The others began to believe them, after all. Holograms couldn't make physical contact with real people. “But then… were did it come from, and what does all this have to with Mykan?” asked Aja.
 
“It has to do with plenty.” Said a voice from the table behind them a voice. Everyone turned and saw a middle-aged man they recognized as Jordan, a man who helped Emmett Benton create Synergy and all the holograms equipment.
 
“Jordan, I thought you were retired.” Said Kimber.
 
Jordan just tipped his glasses. “I may have retried from the music world, but I still got a lot of excitement left in me.” He said. “I even can provide with the answers you seek, because I've know Mykan Rockman since he was a little baby.”
 
The group invited him to take the spare seat at their table, and asked him to tell them all he knew about me, and what was going on.
 
“Well first of all, you have to understand the origination about Starlight music.” He began. “I remember I helped your father build it, but--” he stopped, and turned around.
 
“Kimber, Jerrica… you'd better brace yourselves for this, because it's really going to shock you.” He said.
 
“Shock us? What could possibly shock us?” asked Jerrica.
 
Jordan breathed in heavily. “Well, your father Emmett truly did build a great work of holographic machinery… but he did not invent any of it, No sir.”
 
The others all gasped, and Kimber and Jerrica's jaws dropped. “He didn't invent it?”
 
Jordan shook his head. “Nope. The original machines were invented by Mykan's Grandfather, Professor Alex, Rockman, who was a Scientist.
 
FLASHBACK, 20 years ago
 
Jordan was working as Paramedic at the time at the time, and he was the very man who saved me from the horrible accident.
 
When I was just a little baby, my Grandfather, my father, and mother, were all scientists coming in with a big breakthrough in the revolution of science and technology.
 
Their goal was to design a machine that could create the very first holograms of any person that entered it. Which was ideal for Synergy in the future.
 
Finally the machine was almost ready to be tested. The three scientists were going over some notes to work out the remaining bugs, but unfortunately as fate would have… they left me unattended to.
 
Somehow or other, I crawled my way out of my chair, and along the consoles of the controls. I accidentally fell over on a lever which broke under my weight and then I fell into the machine.
 
The power levels went haywire, and the three scientists went wild trying to turn off the machine and get me out of there, but sadly the lever I broke was the key source, without the machine would overload… and it did.
 
The entire lab exploded, and the house caught fire.
 
I was protected from the flames and the rubble by that Machine, and the firemen had dug me out safely, but my Parents and my Grandfather were dead.
 
I was brought to the hospital, where Jordan examined me and determined that I would live… However, my DNA was now different.
 
No it wasn't life threatening, if anything it was the greatest gift anyone could wish for. A whole new likeness was living inside of me, and contained the DNA of a super Rock-star.
 
A few days rest and I woke up, but I seemed to be rather different. Just a little bigger, and cuter looking, and I was playing with the creaking bars on my crib like a xylophone, and what a sound I made.
 
Tests continued being carried out on me, and everyone determined that I had underwent a astonishing transformation… into a guy who had the greatest music talents of all.
 
They called him… the Mega Rock-Man, and he was no hologram, but in fact a real person who would one day be one of the greatest in the world.