Jem Fan Fiction ❯ MUSICAL: The Mega Rock-Man ❯ Blackmail. ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
 
The sun began to rise as the plane touched down in Morvania airport the nest day. “Gee… the airport's larger than I remember it being.” said Kimber.
 
“Actually it's just about the same size.” said Jerrica. Then she noticed that I seemed a little tensed. “Hey, you okay, Mykan?”
 
“Hmm? Oh… yeah, yeah… I'm fine.” I said, but really they knew I was still rather nervous about this. They did hear my song last night.
 
I had to be careful now so as not to get so nervous that I'd become Mega Rock-Man. I wasn't quite ready for that yet.
 
Besides, the only person in all of Morvania who knew of my secret was Adriana, and I'd hate to think of what would happen if I let it let it slip out. I just took a few deep breaths and got my act back together.
 
There was a cheering crowd out by the plane who greeted us as we came out of the plane, and all those cheering fans helped me take my mind seeing Adriana… but as soon as our ride came to take us into town my mind went back to square one.
 
I was shaking so much that I almost transformed while we stopped at a traffic crossing. “Whoa, whoa, whoa… take it easy Mykan.” said Aja as she rested her hand against mine. “You're going to turn yourself inside out if you keep on fidgeting like that.”
 
“You're right. I got keep it together.” I said out of breath, “Okay… okay… I can do this.” And so I calmed down a bit.
 
 
When we reached Morvania place, we received terrible word that Adriana had in fact been kidnapped earlier that very day.
 
“What? She was kidnapped?” asked Shana, “By who-- when?” The Butler handed us a note that the kidnappers had left behind on Adriana's bed.
 
“If you ever want to see your precious Princess alive and well again, bring Mykan Rockman, along with Jem and the Holograms to Morvania tower by sun down!!”
 
Signed: The MISFITS!!
 
“The Misfits are here?!” cried Raya. “But how could they have know about all this.”
 
“What, does it mater?” said Jerrica, “The point is the Misfits are here, and their blackmailing us.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Morvania tower was still as old and decrepit as it was before, and Adriana was tied to a chair in the dungeon at the top. “Let me go!” she cried. “Let me go I say!!”
 
Eric just signaled the Misfits to gag her as well. Clash stepped in and wrapped a tight muffler across Adriana's mouth until she was as quiet as a mouse.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm! By now, Jem and Mykan must have gotten the little message.” He chuckled. “It's only a matter of time before they show up.”
 
“And to think.” said Pizzazz, “With the deal we have set up, we'll be on easy street by tonight, and Jem won't bug us anymore.”
 
With Jetta, and Stormer guarding the entrance to the tower, and Roxy, and Clash guarding the cell. Their plan was succeeding.
 
They had already sent word that the police and the royal-guards were not to interfere if they ever hoped of seeing Adriana well again.
 
The police didn't make any attempts to break in at the risk of Adriana, but they did be sure to mark up the way to the tower with Caution tape.
 
Eric nodded. “For this first time in my life… things may actually go right. Hmm, mm, mm, heh, heh, heh.”
 
Meanwhile, at the palace
 
It didn't take long until the whole town knew of what was going on.
 
People from all over the town had gathered at the palace in a rally chanting on for Jem, and I to do as the Misfits demanded to save their Princess.
 
“Gee… the crowds just got larger out there.” said Aja. “What are we going to do?”
 
There didn't seem to be much of a choice. Adriana's life was at risk. “Then I guess it's settled.” said Jerrica, “We all leave at 6:00pm together.”
 
“But don't you guys see?” I said, “This is exactly What the Misfits want. They want me to join up with them and to get rid of you all in the process. I've got to go alone.”
 
“No Mykan, that's out of the question.” said Kimber. “There's no way you can face this by yourself, even with your powers.”
 
“But--!”
 
“No it's all settled.” Replied Kimber. So the girls all set to try and come up with a plan, and they had to think fast as Time was Runnin' out!
 
(JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS: Time is Runnin' out)
 
Whoo, Whoo! Whoo, Whoo!
Time, time, time, time!
 
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out (Whoo, Whoo!)
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out (Whoo, Whoo!)
 
So just keep thinkin' if we make it
How much we'll have to show for it
We can't give up!
There's too much at stake
Come on, baby!
Let's go for it!
 
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Whoo, Whoo!)
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Whoo, Whoo!)
 
So just keep thinkin' if we make it
How much we'll have to show for it
We'll never stop
Til we reach the top
Come on, baby,
Let's go for
it!
 
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Whoo, Whoo!)
Time is runnin' out (Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Time)
Time is runnin' out
(Whoo, Whoo!)
 
I sat in my room still fretting over the safety of Jem. They were the only real friends I ever had in all my life, and I realized that I just couldn't put their lives in danger any longer.
 
So… As sunset drew near… I decided to strike out on my own.
 
I did the old tying bed sheets into a rope and slide out the window thing, and took off down the street before anyone noticed me.