Juvenile Orion Fan Fiction ❯ Mitsuko Ishida - Mind Breaker ❯ Deals ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
I hope that this UL on this comes out to look better than the last one did. If it didn't, I'm sorry. Give me a few days and i'll have it figured out. I have no idea exactly where this story is leading, just a general idea with some, "Yeah! That'd be great!" moments that pass through my head. Sadly, i stopped carrying a paper trail with me so, some ideas vanish and never make it in. If you feel like offering a review or whatever, by all means, send me a message if you can. I promise not to make your death too bloody. : )Mitsuko allowed her mind to reach out before stepping into the classroom. Where there any Faction members watching her? Yesterday, one had let himself be known. How many others knew of her daily routines? Mitsuko slowly opened the door and stepped through. Her desk was close enough. She could make it there and busy herself with a book and no one would attempt to talk to her. Just a few more steps!! I can make it!!"Mitsuko!" She froze just a few feet from her desk. She had come so close! She could almost taste the isolation! Just pretend you didn't hear them. That's the best thing to do, "Mitsuko Ishida!" A rough hand clapped her shoulder and shook it, "You feel like coming up to the rooftop with me again today?" Mitsuko's restraint on her power seemed to slip again. The thoughts of the students crept into her mind, along with their hatred and sick amusement."He's brave to be talking to her.""Everyone knows she's a witch.""This outta be good.""He is so going to get beat for this.""I don't know what you're talking about," Mitsuko said as her eyes darkened and she closed the gap between her and the seat. She turned to look up at the smiling face of the purple eyed boy from the day before. She felt her heart drop to the floor. Was he trying to arrange a time and place for a battle? Mitsuko hadn't Mind Breaked anyone, and frankly, didn't intend to. To do so would mean certain death, "I don't even know your name," she went on. She would not allow him to know her fear."Ah," he feigned chest pain as he stumbled back into a group of chuckling young boys, "I'm hurt, Ishida." He patted the place above his heart, "I hurt right here." The other boys chuckled and shoved him into a standing position. Mitsuko awed slightly at his height for a moment, yet, quickly recovered, "I'm Ren Zhange! I have every class with you!!""Amazing," she replied as she slammed her bag onto her desk with a firm thump. She slid into the seat as she extracted her American novel, "I don't care." She opened to her page and began to drown out the rest of the world. Her attempts failed when the boy slammed into the seat in front of her. The other boys became distracted by another student. He smells nice, Mitsuko thought for a moment, a pink tint rising to her face, Get over it."Okay, Ishida," he leaned in, his soft scent becoming stronger as he did. Mitsuko's blush became slightly heavier, "here's the deal. I - I'm failing math class and I need to improve my grade before my father finds out. Tarugena Sensei said that I should try asking you for help. You have the highest grade in the class."Mitsuko leaned into to get her point across, "Why should I help you? What's in it for me?" Her dark blue eyes narrowed. If he wanted something from her, she was going to need something from him. Perhaps a guarantee that no harm would come to her family. If he knew she was a Mind Breaker.He leaned in further, their faces dangerously close. If anyone had been watching, they would have assumed that they were planning something dirty. Yet, no student seemed to had even remembered they were there. Was this all because of Ren? "I'll let you go on a date with me." Mitsuko flushed heavily as she straightened her back. She wasn't an ugly girl, she knew that. She had dark blue eyes, ivory colored skin, and long, straight, black hair that was usually tied back in some fashion. She was an average built girl of 16, not too thin, not too stocky. Her family's strict training had made sure that she remained lean without being far too."What'd'ya say, Mitsuko? It's a chance of a life time. I'm Ren Zhange! Best looking boy in class B!" He grinned boldly as he sat up, his hands held slightly over his head in a triumphant manor. This made Mitsuko loose any interest instantly, Not like there was any to begin with..."No thanks," Ren's grin vanished instantly as his purple eyes became trained on her face. He's trying to Read me, she realized. Her mind shifted to a large and powerful wave. It was an old trick, but it worked well against other psychics. She watched his expression change through the corner of her eye, it swept from total concentration to a suspicious glint that rested deep within his eyes."Fine," he replied, "you think of a method of payment, Ishida. Whatever it is, I'll do it, no questions asked. I promise," he offered his hand for a firm shake. Mitsuko glared at the hand then up at his strange purple eyes. An Arayashiki owing a Mind Breaker a debt. Imagine that.A sly smile appeared on her face as she took his hand in a surprisingly firm grip, "Deal. No matter what I ask, you'll do it. That is the payment," she and Ren exchanged the same sly smile before returning to their daily routines. Mitsuko buried her nose in a book as Ren joked with his friends. Each one possessed a smirk of victory.