Kiddy Grade Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Leave Me Alone ❯ Un oh and A oh ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Don't Leave Me Alone
Authoress (es): Happiness's Deceit
Rating: T
Fandom: Kiddy Grade
Disclaimer: Kiddy Grade and all of its characters do not belong to me. Any resemblances to people or stories in this fiction are pure coincidence.
Warnings: Pre-Series to Post-Series, Eventual Alternate Universe, Shonen-ai
Pairing (s): A-oh/Un-oh
Summary: The first time their partner died, everyone felt a little differently. But at the same time, it was all the same. Shonen-ai, Shoujo-ai, etc.
Don't Leave Me Alone—A-OH—Don't Leave Me Alone—
The first time Un-oh died, A-oh was quiet. Not quite the quiet that he had long grown accustomed to in the sound of Un-oh's rants, but an angry quiet.
It was a furious quiet that shook the center of his world.
Every thought was in self-loathing; every dream was of silent screams. He should have been there to protect Un-oh, because Un-oh had always been sloppy when dealing with defense and he was their ears, not their eyes. He couldn't see danger when it was close and realize what it was.
A-oh was silent and angry and wouldn't speak to anyone who asked him how he was doing. He wouldn't visit Un-oh in the transition stages—he didn't want to see Un-oh like that.
He was just there, sitting and ignoring, waiting for something that he wasn't sure would ever come. The darkness echoed throughout the silent place, and he welcomed it. It was comforting, wordless, that let him stay in his hatred of himself.
And then the sun came, with an admonishing,
“Where have you been, A-oh? I've been waiting.”
A trick of the light, he perhaps thinks, but follows the illusion. He waits for the body to disappear, but instead a hand slips into his own.
And the quiet calms.
Don't Leave Me Alone—UN-OH—Don't Leave Me Alone—
A-oh had always been the center of his world. He was the calmness that just was there, and the only person who would listen to his rants. It was an interesting combination there, but…
He couldn't get the sound out of his head.
It wasn't a strange sound, one that happened every second of every day—but hearing it come from A-oh shook his nerves.
It was the sound of death. More specifically, it was the sound of the heart slowing, the muscles tensing, and then just…stopping. And Un-oh had wanted to tear out his ears so he would never have to hear that sound again.
Every time he heard a heartbeat, he turned to look for the older man—
Only to realize it wasn't his.
It was a haunting feeling, going into the world as if he were blind. Nothing was the same. It hurt.
He wanted to lock himself up, because the truth is that everyone dies and no one comes back to life even if you beg them to. He wanted to hide under the covers and be blind and not let anyone take him out. Because the truth was that A-oh didn't make him see things he didn't want to and that was all that really mattered.
But a hand took his own, larger and more calloused than the last, and Un-oh had to hide his face to prevent the tears…
Though that was only after he had made sure that the heart was really there, and that it was still beating.