Kiddy Grade Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Leave Me Alone ❯ Sinistra and Dextera ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Don't Leave Me Alone
Authoress (es): Happiness's Deceit
Rating: T
Fandom: Kiddy Grade
Disclaimer: Kiddy Grade and all of its characters do not belong to me. Any resemblances to people or stories in this fiction are pure coincidence.
Warnings: Pre-Series to Post-Series, Eventual Alternate Universe, Shonen-ai
Pairing (s): Dextera/Sinistra
Summary: The first time their partner died, everyone felt a little differently. But at the same time, it was all the same. Shonen-ai, Shoujo-ai, etc.

Don't Leave Me Alone—DEXTERA—Don't Leave Me Alone—
Sinistra had a dying fetish. That was the only way Dextera could explain it. He was always getting hit by stray beams when everything should have been safe, always getting in the way of potentially dangerous objects, always attacked when rightfully, Dextera should have been hurt just as much. But Dextera couldn't remember a single mission where he had come back with more injuries than his partner.
And that hurt, a little bit.
It said a lot about their partnership—that Sinistra was always getting hurt, when he, the more aggressive of the two was always (or almost always) unscathed. Sinistra just liked to be a shield to his sword, Dextera supposed. And normally that would have been all right.
Sinistra was much better suited to that, anyway. But the fact really was…
The fact of the matter really was that Sinistra was soft. He followed Dextera; put more faith in him than his own life—
And had gotten killed for it.
But was it true death? Encoding could be performed, that was true, but the optimization could always backfire…
That was the first time Dextera hated Sinistra.
He hated Sinistra for being so careless with his own body, for pretending that he was okay, for letting himself fall to pieces, and…
For not trusting Dextera, his partner, to do his job.
Dextera visited him every day, but he was always the same—no changes, moderate optimization, he should survive. It came to a point where he just didn't…he just didn't bother anymore.
Until one day, a tilting voice broke his train of thought with a,
“Why'd you stop visiting?”

Don't Leave Me Alone—SINISTRA—Don't Leave Me Alone—

When he saw the blood, Sinistra knew that Dextera wouldn't come back.
Not in the same body, anyway. Dextera was never sloppy enough to get injured on a mission as low key as this. So Sinistra had smiled, and quietly commented on the blood. Dextera had said something crass (and albeit expected), and then looked at him with his I-know-what-you're-thinking-and-I-don't-like-it glares. Sinistra had wisely dropped the conversation, and instead prepared himself for the death he knew he was going to experience.
Morbid, but necessary.
But when it had finally happened, there had been more blood—more blood then there should have been—and Sinistra couldn't help but vomit. His throat had closed up, and he began to go into shock.
He had gotten through the mission somehow.
He must have, because the next thing he knew, he was in their ship, screaming requests to land, and had (at one time or other) somehow managed to lug the larger male into their cockpit before doing the aforementioned things. Somehow, they had gotten through. (Sinistra supposed that that might have been the reason some of the crew avoided him in later weeks—threatening to cut off their heads did that to people.)
The next weeks were hectic. The other ES members were, as always, off doing their own things—though he was occasionally checked on. But every day, without fail, he was in Dextera's room, checking Dextera's things, making sure that Dextera would be comfortable when he got back. And every week, on Monday, when no one would bother with him, Sinistra would sneak into the optimization chamber and just watch.
He would watch as Dextera's soul (he could almost see it) assimilated with his new body. He would watch as fingers twitched and his partner just breathed. He would watch, waiting to be the first person to see Dextera's new eyes, or kiss his new lips, or simply touch him.
But there was something more important than that, that he had to see before anything else.
Time Passes
“Sinistra…”
A pat on the head. “Stay still, Dextera”
“What are you doing?
“Just checking…damn it!” A pout.
“What?” Concerned eyes. “What's wrong now?”
“I can't believe you!”
“Believe what?”
“You—you—”
“I'm?”
“You're still taller than me!” An angry blush.
A chuckle, then laughter.

Don't Leave Me Alone—Don't Leave Me Alone—

Um, is anyone reading this? I mean, really reading this? Because I know that this is a not widely spread fandom, but does my work just suck?A review would be nice, if you could be so obliged, because I really feel like no one is reading this.
Even a `this is the most horrifying thing I have ever read' would at least show that someone was reading. It seems like I (and my close friends) are the only ones who have even looked at this, and if that's the case, it's not necessary to post online, right?
Well, I'd just like some feedback. Thanks for reading (if there's anyone out there)!