Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Altered Resemblance
Chapter 0: Prologue
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Two children of the age of six sit on the outskirts of the public playground. One with shoulder length silver hair and sea blue eyes, the other has spikey red hair reaching his shoulders and electric green eyes. With a friendly smile the red headed boy walks over to the lunar haired boy. He extends his hand, “I'm Axel Shinra, got it memorized? Let's be friends.”
 
With his elbows propped up on his knees the other rests his face on his small hands. “Why?” he asks playfully.
 
Axel puts his hands on his hips and pouts, “Because I want to be your friend, Pwease?”
 
The other boy laughs, “Okay, okay my name's Riku, Riku Reimei.” and shakes Axel's hand.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Now at age 13 both boys sit on the living coach in Riku's enormous house. Both chuckle as they flip through Riku's older brother's journal. Footsteps approach the two and Axel looks up, “Hey Zexy how's it going?”
 
Riku's gaze travels to up to lock onto his brother's face. “Hey Zexion, what do you want?”
 
Zexion runs a hand through his stormy blue hair before glaring at them with blue eyes. His hair falls back down the right side of his face as he snatches up his journal and letting it collide with the back of Axel's skull on the way. “Touch my stuff again and your dead got it?” warns Zexion.
 
Riku nods as he stifles a laugh while Axel rubs the back of his head. “Riku, Axel, get up to Riku's room, now.” comes the stern voice of Riku's dad, Sephiroth. The man walks into the room, his silver hair reaching his knees and his eerie green eyes glaring at each in turn.
 
The two run up the stairs as if they were being chased by a pack of wild dogs. Everyone in Radiant Gardens knows that Riku's mom vanished when they were young. Sephiroth had said she just packed up and left, but everyone else knew that Fujin would never leave her boys, no matter what. Yet despite everyone's efforts, she had just disappeared without a trace.
 
They lounge on the floor in silence. When suddenly Axel jumps up and grabs a candle and a match to follow. Riku sits up straight, eyeing Axel curiously. “What are you planning Axel, burn my house down?”
 
The red head sits back down and lights the candle. “Bonding of Flame…I saw it on…somewhere I can't remember.”
 
Riku smiles, “Friends forever? Okay…what do we do?”
 
“We hold a knife over the flame and cut our palms, then put our hands together. Then we're bonded for life…Friends Forever.” explains Axel.
 
Riku nods in agreement before they begin the ceremony. Riku lets a hiss escape from between his clenched teeth as the knife slits his palm. Once done Axel grabs it and does the same, swallowing a yelp of unsuspected pain. A little uneasy they clasp their bleeding palms together and in unison they whisper two words, `Friends forever…”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sixteen year old Axel and Riku ride in the backseat of Axel's mom's sports car. Granted his mom is actually male and his name is Reno. Reno has amethyst eyes and long red hair tied back into a ponytail. Axel's father is Rufus Shinra in all his short blonde hair and blue eyed glory of running the police department of Radiant Gardens. Axel's parents are gay but he's known no other. He was adopted at birth and loved with no regret at all.
 
Axel and Riku had agreed on their next adventure, believing their friendship would never end. It had started with Riku saying Axel had never cried while in turn Axel commented that Riku was to scared to play with fire. Most would think they would prove the other wrong in a normal sense, instead Axel had asked Reno if he could get a tattoo. Seeing no harm in it Reno said yes, since he has some himself, two red curved lines near his eyes.
 
Riku glances at Axel nervously. “You sure you're tough enough for a tattoo?”
 
Axel flashes a trademark smirk, “I'll be fine. Won't even flinch.”
 
Reno shakes his head at the two boys. “Just as long as we don't have to take you to get it removed…now let's get this over with.” The car had stopped in front of a small fancy looking shop. Reno leads the two friends inside to see a man sitting in a chair looking at each of them in turn. His short black/brown hair falls around his face while his black slacks and crimson shirt stand out from the dark brown floor and light blue walls. Reno smiles, “Hey Vincent, this is my son Axel and his friend Riku. Axel's here to get his first tattoo.”
 
Vincent flashes a smirk, “Is that so? Okay then, since it's a slow day. What do you want?”
 
Axel puts his hands on his hips to think for a moment. “Reverse purple teardrop under each eye.”
 
Vincent stands and nods. “Okay follow me back here. If you want to watch that's fine.”
 
Axel lies down on a slightly inclined chair, Reno and Riku stand by the wall, and Vincent gathers his tools. “Whatever you do don't flinch or you lose an eye. If you want you can hold someone's hand.” says the tattoo artist.
 
Riku takes a deep breath, “Mr. Valentine is it safe?”
 
Vincent glances at the teen, “As long as he doesn't move.” then bends over Axel.
 
Throughout the process Axel had kept his eyes shut loosely and hands clenched at his sides. Then it was over and Riku stared in disbelief, he hadn't flinched. Axel smirks, “Not bad at all, barely stung.”
 
Riku steps forward, “I'm getting one too. Do you need me to call my dad for permission?” Vincent nods and Riku reaches into his pocket and dials his home number. Zexion had answered the phone but instantly played along. He talked to Vincent, gave permission and all clarification. Riku slides his phone back into his pocket, glad that Vincent is new to the city and doesn't know Sephiroth yet. The lunar haired teen takes Axel's place and tells Vincent what he wants as Vincent sterilizes his tools. “I want a small black heart with flames circling around it right under my collarbone, right here,” and Riku taps the spot where the tattoo is suppose to go. Riku braces himself as Vincent begins the process.
 
Axel and Riku sit in the car while Reno talks to Vincent inside. Axel turns to Riku, “It hurt a little, to be honest. But…Sephiroth didn't really approve did he?”
 
A smug grin crosses Riku's porcelain features. “Ya it hurt a little. But no that was Zexion, Sephiroth won't find out…unless you tell him.” Axel ruffles Riku's hair and Riku bats his hand away.