Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Drift Away ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: okay since you all insisted and because I decided since its my b-day I'll be nice. Try to give me some more feedback readers. its depressing to open my email and see only 3 reviews…*sniff* Either way love ya all!
 
Thanks To: agent-to-the-rescue, Sinful-Metaphor, nextstopparadise,
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any characters and/or settings.
____________________________-
Altered Resemblance
Chapter 1: Drift Away
 
Both Riku and Axel entered junior high nicely but on the first Friday of the school year they seemed to part.
 
In the courtyard Axel sits with his friends Demyx and Roxas Kaze. Both have blonde hair and bright blue eyes. Roxas is more pessimistic and serious while Demyx is more go-lucky and carefree. Roxas is 16, Demyx 17, and their eldest brother Luxord is 18 and classified as the school's druggy. Luxord has very short blonde hair and can always be seen with his trademark earring of a playing card. Demyx is a musician with a strange instrument called a sitar, and his hair is styled into a mullet. On the other hand Roxas's blonde hair spikes up and he's an advanced student who is suppose to be a sophomore but was bumped up a grade. All three boys are juniors though and inseparable. They always arrive at school first and collect in the shade of palm trees. Each dressed in the uniforms of blue slacks, white dress shirt, and blue tie.
 
Roxas stares at the evenly paved ground. “Hey guys….I have some good news.” But before anyone can say anything a 16 year old boy with playful blue eyes and spiked brown hair bounds over to them, with him he drags his 18 year old brother. He has short silky brown hair, bangs framing his face, and clouded blue eyes. The younger releases his brother's wrist to leech onto Roxas and place a gentle kiss on his lips. Everyone in school knows the main homosexuals are Axel, Roxas, Demyx, and Sora. The boy releases a now blushing Roxas. “I'm officially dating Sora Loire.”
 
Demyx cheers and hugs Roxas while Axel just grins; he knew it would happen sooner or later. Demyx turns to Sora's brother, “Hi Squall…do you know if Zexion will be here today?”
 
Squall merely shrugs, giving off the impression he's uncomfortable. “Maybe…be good Sora…” and with that he walks away, meeting with Luxord and walking into the large brick building.
 
Sora gives Roxas one last kiss. “I'll see you later Roxy, I'm going to go wait for Riku and Kairi.”
 
Sora begins to leave but Roxas pulls him onto his lap. “They can come get you if they want you so bad.” Sora blushes and giggles but stays put none-the-less.
 
Axel takes the moment to turn to Demyx and giving him a slight wink. “Do Dem….I was thinking….what do you say to me asking you out?”
 
Without hesitation and with the knowing that Axel would as, Demyx jumps onto Axel and places a kiss on his lips just as Riku and Zexion walk up with widen eyes. “A-Axel, what's going on?” asks a very concerned Riku.
 
Axel breaks away from Demyx just enough to answer Riku. “We're dating.” he says simply.
 
Zexion's eyes narrow automatically. “See you later Riku. I can't watch this.” and the slate haired male walks away.
 
Sora, Riku!” calls a feminine voice. A crimson haired female runs up to Riku and she places a kiss on his still stunned lips.
 
The two of them had begun dating a year ago and their relationship had been moving slowly…to slow for Kairi's liking. Riku grabs her hand and turns on his heel. “Come on Kairi let's get to class. See you around Sora.”
 
As they walk away Sora pulls Roxas toward the building as well. “Bye guys, going to get our stuff.”
 
Demyx smiles and waves at their back before standing and stretching, “So Axel do you think this will work. I mean with us pretending to date? I really like Zexion and I don't want to drive him away.” the blonde continue to say as he pouts.
 
Axel grins, “Trust me Dem. I told you I would help and I am. I mean did you see his face, he was pissed. He'll come after you, I guarantee it.”
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
Throughout the whole day nothing happened and the act was kept up to promote their plan. As the last class nears all gather in the combat room. In reality it's a gym but since it's a new program the gym has to be used. Demyx and Axel enter the room with their hands intertwined, keeping up the charade. Next comes Sora and Roxas all lovey dovey as ever. Riku and Kairi follow behind them but sit in the front bleachers while Roxas leads Sora into sitting with Axel and Demyx. Squall, Zexion, and Luxord file in last, placing themselves in the very back bleachers. On the gym floor in front and scattered evenly around were dark blue mats. Zexion eyes a bored Squall, “So your little brother's gay and dating. How are you doing lion?”
 
“Okay I guess, everything's as it should be.” responds the brunet. Zexion is the only one, besides Sora, that Squall will openly say how he's feeling or opinion on something.
 
The colossal doors in the back of the gym open and another male enters. Judging by his appearance none would have guessed him to be the teacher. The 23 year old is adorned in faded blue jeans, a black t-shirt, and dark tinted sunglasses. Axel leans back, observing him. “So are you a new student or something?”
 
The man absentmindedly runs a hand through his spiked blonde hair before gracefully pulling off his glasses and hooking them onto the front of his shirt. “My name is Cloud Strife, your combat teacher. Why don't you come down and I'll demonstrate what this class is about.”
 
Axel snorts and makes his way down to the mat Cloud stands on. The red head puts his hands on his hips, “So what am I suppose to do teach?”
 
“Rush at me. Try to hit me.” Axel merely shrugs before running at Cloud with his fist pulled back. A second before Axel throws his fist Cloud reacts. The man catches Axel's fist, spins him around, and pins both arms behind his back. “I will teach all of you, how to defend yourself against an attacker. Then again you and your partner will be teaching each other. Everyone defends themselves differently. I've already assigned partners. Sora and Roxas, Kairi and Luxord, Riku and Axel, Zexion and Demyx, and Squall you're with me. Now get a mat. Today all that you do is learn about your partner.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~
 
Everyone does as they're told and moves out all around the gym. Axel and Riku sit in the farthest corner staring at the blue mat. Axel finally speaks up, “So are you and Miss Prissy happy?”
 
Any other boyfriend of the most popular girl in school most likely would have slugged the red head. But Riku just sighs, “I guess so…but she wants to speed things up, I don't.”
 
Axel snickers and grins, “Geez Reimei you make Kairi sound like the guy and you the girl. What are you gay?”
 
The lunar haired males eyes narrow and he snaps back at Axel, “Like I would want to be like you!”
 
Axel proceeds to lean back on his palms, glancing nervously around the room, hurt. He had only been joking, not meaning to hurt his use to be friend's feelings. On the other hand Riku was still fuming but hadn't meant for those words to slip between his lips, he felt an immense amount of regret.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Kairi glares intently at Luxord, “Why are you even here? Don't you usually skip?”
 
Luxord grins, “I heard my brother Demyx was dating Axel. I had to see it with my own eyes.”
 
Kairi growls low, “I hate that guy. Riku and Axel are too close. I just want to snap that tie between them….or his neck. All Riku does is concentrate on Axel and it drives me insane!”
 
The blonde's eyes gleam mischievously, “How much would you pay?”
 
The crimson haired female eyes Luxord carefully. “I'll give you whatever amount of money you want…but to start let's see, how's $5,000 sound to you?”
 
Luxord extends his hand, “You've got a deal missy.” The two make the deal on their corner of the gym, shaking hands.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Zexion and Demyx occupy the mat in the corner across from Axel and Riku but diagonal from Kairi and Luxord. The slate haired male sits cross legged, elbows on knees, and eyes scanning over his partner. Demyx shifts around nervously under the other's critical gaze. “Um, so Zexion how's it going?”
 
Zexion completely ignores the question, getting straight to the point. “Why are you dating Axel? I thought you two were just friends.” Demyx cringes slightly at the intense ice that hangs off of every word. “Do you love him?”
 
“I…he's my best friend and I care for him.” Demyx answer truthfully, only keeping back some of it. Disappoint flashes across Zexion's countenance for the briefest second before turning back into his blank expression. The blonde sighs heavily, wishing that a much different reaction would have come, so that he could tell Zexion how he truly feels.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Diagonal from Axel and Riku but in the corner across from Zexion and Demyx, and Kairi and Luxord, sits Sora and Roxas. Demonstrating his carefree attitude Sora lies down on his stomach while holding his face in his hands. His companion, Roxas, smiles down at him while he sits cross-legged. “So Sora did you see how Riku reacted when Axel asked Demyx out?”
 
A grin stretches onto Sora's lips, “He likes Axel, I know it. But we cannot force these things Roxy.”
 
“Okay but that doesn't mean I cannot pester them.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
In the center of the room Cloud sits down cross legged while Squall sits down and pulls his legs to his chest. The blonde teacher cocks his head to the side, “So do you know what you want to take a career in?”
 
The brunet casts his gaze to his shoes. “What do you care? You're just another teacher and I'm just another student.”
 
A frown slips onto Cloud's lips, “I was that way too. My best friend Zack had died and I cut myself off except for a few select friends. You don't have to be that way. If you need to talk, I'm here.”
 
“I don't…thanks I'll keep that in mind. So Mr. Strife-.”
 
“None of that call me Cloud.”
 
“Okay Cloud, why teaching?”
 
“Well by teaching I can teach others while learning more myself. Plus I've met some interesting people, like you.”
 
Squall takes a quick glance up at Cloud before returning to his shoes with a tint of pink covering his pale cheeks.