Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Gentle Launch ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Thanks To: Sinful-Metaphor, nextstopparadise, Taki-kun,
Disclaimer: I don't own anything just the plot.
______________________-
Altered Resemblance
Chapter 2: Gentle Launch
 
~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~
 
I was so glad that after what Riku said we were released for the day. I don't know why we drifted apart. I wish we wouldn't have though. He was the only one who really hung with me. We even did the bond of flame and got tattoos, yet that did squat. But either way I still have to keep my charade up with Demyx. I wish I could tell Riku that it's not real but what would it matter, he's got Kairi.
 
I walk to fourth hour with Roxas at my side. We walk into our math class and I let my gaze instantly wander over to Riku and Kairi with Kairi sitting in the desk behind him, playing with his long silver hair. I roll my eyes and take my seat in front of Riku and Roxas behind Kairi. Just I as I slide into my chair the teacher walks in. He's extremely odd, both in how he acts and how he looks. With long light blue hair it falls a little past his shoulders with his ears dividing it up. An X shaped scar rests on his menacing countenance, from a terrible car wreck, as he says. That's my math teacher though, Mr. Saix. No teacher here is ever called by their last name. This place, Destiny Islands, is way to small for that. Well okay it's a huge island but everyone knows everyone, just about.
 
As the lesson slowly moves forward I scribble the word `sorry' on a piece of paper and pass it back to Riku. Within a short few seconds that seem like an eternity, he taps my back and pass back the note. I open it to see the words I wanted to see; `I'm sorry too'. I reach down and place a hand on my stomach trying in vain to calm the nervous butterflies. Desperately hoping that we can salvage our friendship I write him one last line. To meet me at the roof during lunch.
 
The bell for lunch rings, granting me freedom from Saix's math torture from hell. Without anyone knowing I slip up the stairs and dash up to the roof. I know Riku, he'll probably go converse then come meet me. But I don't mind one bit. I plop down on the ledge of the roof and wait.
 
The door to the stairwell creaks open and I turn to see the opposite of who I want, Luxord. A devilish smile rests on his lips as he walks over to me. I turn my back to the blonde and he kneels down behind me. “Go away Luxord.” I state clearly.
 
“That's no way to treat your elder. Relax there's always plenty of time.” he says in a lowered tone. With a few twists of his wrist he has my tie undone and in the palm of his hand. A little worried I stand and cautiously begin to snake over to the door to the stairs, my escape. I let out a low hiss from my clenched teeth as Luxord grabs a hand full of my hair. I'm spun around and my neat white shirt falls to the ground followed by my body.
 
He hovers above me as I growl under my breath. Anger wells up inside me. I don' even know how I got into this position. My own tie is wrapped around my wrists above my head while I lie on top of my now wrinkled shirt. Luxord smiles down at me while his hand cups my chin, forcing my gaze. “So you're gay huh? Do you even know how it feels to be gay?” His hand falls down my chest, sending chills through my body. “Would you scream? I mean if I did advance things?” I glare at Luxord and open my mouth to speak when he crashes his lips onto mine. As he struggles to get in my mouth his hand works with my belt buckle. I let the vile senior into my mouth and I listen intently as the zipper slides down as do the tears down my cheeks.
 
~~~~~~~Zexion~~~~~~
 
After yesterdays failure to get answers I wait patiently outside the lunch room doors. Everyday Demyx goes to Luxord's car to get some of his books, so I'll wait. I hate having to be so up front but I need to tell him. It's killing me. How do I like him anyway? Demyx is carefree and happy-go-lucky while I'm just an onlooker.
 
The doors to the lunch room open and Demyx emerges and heads to the parking lot. Stealthily I follow him, going unnoticed. Demyx cups his hands to the glass and peers inside. I take that moment to make my move. I sneak up behind the lovable blonde and place a hand on either side of him, cutting off his escapes. He turns to stare down his attacker with fear in his large baby blue eyes. The urge inside me wins. I lift my hand to his cheek and ever so gently I stroke it before pecking his cheek. Flustered Demyx throws hi hands up against my chest, trying to stop me. Instead I lean closer and mold our lips together. The sparks that ignite the fireworks between us begin as I pull my love close to me, wanting to get so close that we become one; heart, mind, body, and soul. As I pull away I feel the everlasting need to kiss him pull at me. Instead I smile lovingly at him. “I love you Demyx…please…date me? Give me a chance?” His gaze shifts to the ground, avoiding my own.
 
~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~
 
Luxord had left me still tied up on the roof. I close my eyes and try to hold back the remaining tears. A warm hand falls onto my cheek and I flinch away, hoping its anyone but Luxord. “Axel…Axel what happened?” says the worried voice.
 
I say nothing and clench my eyes tighter together. The person set me free and sits me up while never breaking the touch between us. I open my eyes to let my emerald connect with sea-green orbs. Riku pulls me to my feet and holds my shirt and tie out to me. While I redress myself I mutter to him, Thanks…but how much did you see?”
 
“I know what happened and who did it. Let's put it that way.” he says with a sad smile. I stare up at the sky, thinking of what I could say to make it better. But nothing comes to mind so I head back to the lunch room without another word to Riku.
 
A new surprise hits me on the way to combat class. Demyx runs up to me and grabs my arm. “Can you believe it Axel? We don't' have to pretend anymore.” I flash a half smile at my musical friend, signaling to keep talking. “That's good! I'll tell you all about it later.”
 
I nod and he runs backward. Most likely going to meet up with Zexion…it doesn't take a genius to know when Demyx gets his way. He gets more bubbly than usual. As soon as Demyx disappears Roxas shows up at my side. Good ol' Roxas. I can always count on him. “Hey Roxy…can you come by after school, my place? There's something we need to talk about.”
 
Roxas let's out a small chuckle, “You act like you're going to break up with me.”
 
I shake my head at his foolishness. Some of Sora's good attitude must be rubbing off on him. “Ha, Ha, I'm serious…Roxas promise me.”
 
“Okay Axel, I promise.” Satisfied I enter the gym with Roxas at my side.
 
~~~~~~~
 
I begin waking home, grateful to leave that last class. All we had to do was block a series of attacks, such as; feet, hands, and/or getting them pinned to the ground. That was a real treat. Either way it was eerily quiet between us. I just couldn't bring myself to confront Riku. He had seen me broken and scared. At least my dads won't be home till dinner. Reno has to go out and shop, for who knows what and Rufus is working late.
 
Just as I settle down onto the comfy black couch a timid knocks comes to the door, Roxas. He lets himself in and plops down next to me, “So what's so important it has to be in private?”
 
“During lunch Luxord attacked me up on the roof. I froze and well he didn't do anything drastic but…I could've taken that punk yet I didn't. Roxas…I was scared senseless.” I admit with a heavy sigh. “Riku found me…I was in tears. I thought I would die right there. My best friend had saved me and I said nothing decent in return. I just…Roxas I've loved Riku since the day I saw him at the playground all those years ago.”
 
~~~~~~~Demyx~~~~~~~
 
I had ridden home with Luxord in silence. Roxas said Axel and he needed to do something that they'd tell me about later. I let it go since they always do. But Luxord's being awfully quiet and he's got a smug look on his face while he walks around the house. Oddly enough he disappeared into his room right before dinner with the phone in hand.
 
I take a deep breath as I climb the stairs to his room, Mom had told me to get him down to eat. She cares more about Luxord then Roxas and I put together, and I can't see why. Her and her many boyfriends are all jerks.
 
A lowered voice floats to my ears through Luxord's closed door. “Ya he was scared shitless. Don't worry bout it Ms. Rose, he'll be my bitch in a matter of days. Axel's…how would you put it…all flame and no burn.” A pause comes next and I hold my breath. “Ha, Ha, I almost had his pants off bit I heard someone coming so I made myself scarce…Ya, ya I'll do my part as long as you pay me in full.” A click and deep chuckle tells me the conversation is over.
 
Fueled with hate for my older brother I slam the door wide open. “Luxord, what did you do to Axel?”
 
He openly laughs and tosses the white cordless phone onto his dresser. “Well the police would call it sexual harassment but don't worry I didn't rape the poor baby. But I have to give him credit. Axel's got guts, he didn't struggle and he didn't scream.”
 
I didn't know I had it in me until my fist connected with Luxord's stomach. Damn, I didn't even know I could hit hard either. But my tough elder brother had doubled over in pain. Quickened footsteps race up the stairs and I spin around to see my mom, Larxene Kaze, in all her glory. Electric blonde hair slicked back while two strands stick out like antennae and icy eyes glaring death at me. “Demyx Kaze, what did you do to your brother?” I've learned to not even answer because she says that everything I say is a lie to begin with. I hate her…I wish I had known my dad. “Go to your room without dinner and I don't want to see you till morning got it?” I nod and leave, hiding the rage building up inside my small frame. I'm sure if I let it all out I would probably shatter like porcelain when dropped on a tiled flooring.
 
~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~
 
Once everyone had left the gym I catch Cloud just as he is about to begin putting up the mats. “Um…could we practice a little longer? I mean, I couldn't block your attacks at all.” He only nods and takes an offensive stance. On the other hand I take a deep breath and go on defense. After about ten minutes of the progress going no where I groan. “I'll never get it.”
 
For the first time today he chuckles at me, “Then let's switch. Try to attack me.” With a deep breath I go at him with no success. Cloud grabs my fists and pins them behind my back before pulling me close. “Try again, maybe a different strategy. In danger you have to think fast and act when they don't suspect it.” he whispers into my ear, sending chills down my spine. Just as Cloud lets me go I spin around and ram into him with all my strength.
 
My hands rest firmly on Cloud's shoulders while I straddle his waist. He smiles at me. “Well you got me. But it's getting late so if you don't mind, I can't move.” I won't lie, his words did register into my mind, and I just don't want to move. “Squall, are you okay? You look a little flushed.” With a red tinted face I pull myself to my feet before helping Cloud up. “Do you need a ride home?”
 
Inside I panic, yet I still manage to calmly answer. “Well if it's not too much trouble.”
 
“Not at all, unless you have a phobia of motorcycles.” I shake my head no and Cloud leads me to his ride. The motorcycle stands off to the side, underneath the palm trees, a metallic black. “Go ahead and hop on. It's really only made for one and I have no helmets but, if you don't tell on me then we'll be okay.”
 
I slide onto the slick bike, “Not a problem.”
 
Cloud slides on behind me and puts his sunglasses on. With a small jolt the bike roars to life and he drives it onto the road. Even with the frigid island night air the closeness of his body keeps me warm. The perfect moment of silence ends as the engine dies with another jolt as he stops in front of my house. Everyone knows where the Loire's, even the new people coming into town. The jolt sends me crashing back into Cloud's chest and in response he instinctively wraps an arm around my waist, steadying me. The silent night wraps around us as I sit in his arms, not wanting to move ever again if it meant I could stay where I'm at. But of course he releases me and I slide off. “Thanks for the ride…Cloud.”
 
He flashes a half-smile and nods, “Anytime Squall, your safety comes first.”
 
I raise an eyebrow, “Sure, that explains the no helmets.”
 
“True you got me there. I'll see you in class tomorrow.” he says and drives off.
 
I go inside and eat dinner, staying quiet so I don't give myself away. But as I lay down in bed Sora knocks on my door and comes in, taking a seat on the edge of my bed. I listen to my younger brother as he tells me all about Luxord, Axel, Demyx, Zexion, and Riku. Just as I think he's done Sora looks down at me critically, “Squall, did Cloud drive you home?”
 
“Sora I know you so I'll tell you flat out. I like Cloud. But I know it won't happen so don't worry about it. All my relationships never work out…because I hide from them. I'll admit it…I'm scared to be alone.”
 
Sora leans forward and wraps me in a hug, “Don't be so hard on yourself. Love comes from unexpected places.” With that the little brunet gets up and bounds off to his room. I close my eyes and let myself drift off. Too bad this unexpected place of love is from a teacher.