Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Much To Do ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alrighty then…MORE characters! I've recently begun playing Final Fantasy 8 again and well…had to add them in.This chapter is actually fairly long, 6 whole written pagesand 9 typed.Oh and I don't hate Kairi…I just need her to be a certain way.
 
Thanks To: nextstopparadise, Sinful-Metaphor,
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy settings or characters.
_______________-
Altered Resemblance
Chapter 3: Much to Do
 
~~~~~Riku~~~~~
 
After talking with Sora and sleeping on it I decide one thing; I need to ask Kairi some important questions. I have to know…is it Kairi or Axel.
 
I take my seat in my 1st hour, science. Kairi saunters in and sits in the seat next to me at the black-top table.
 
I've always felt that I get special treatment in this class because Mr. Marluxia Rose is Kairi's dad. I can only imagine what would happen if I dumped her.
 
Marluxia strides into the room wearing brown slacks and a light pink dress-shirt. He has fluffed pink hair that falls to his shoulders and poisonous eyes to top it all off.
 
I force my gaze back to the table, trying to not seem intimidated.
 
Mr. Marluxia stands at the front of the room and claps his hands together. “Now class, I have decided on a project to give each of you. In groups of two, you will either work on it inside or outside of school. It will be due in two weeks.”
 
He begins to hand out the papers with the pre-assigned projects printed on it. Kairi takes a hold of the paper and glances over it before turning in her chair. “Oh Riku, how lucky are we? Our project is raising a plant.”
 
“You know Kairi, this project is too easy. Why don't we ask for something harder?”
 
She giggles and narrows her eyes, “Riku, sweetie, let's not argue with the teacher.”
 
I let out a frustrated sigh and turn back to the front of the room. Her hand slips over to hold the one on my lap.
 
I push her hand away. “Stop,” I demand, without even as glancing at her. I rest my elbows on the table with my head in my hands.
 
Kairi scouts closer to me, fake concern laced in her words. “Riku are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse?” She squeezes my knee and runs her hand up to my thigh.
 
“Kai…” I guess in retrospect I shouldn't have said anything. It came out the wrong way in the end.
 
She moves her hand to the crouch of my pants.
 
My chair tips back as I stand up quickly, “Mr. Marluxia, can I got to the nurse? I don't feel so great.”
 
Mr. Marluxia nods, “Of course, I hope you feel better.”
 
I gather up my books and start out of the class room as fast as possible.
 
I can't believe her, just goes on ignoring every damn word I have to say.
 
“Riku, wait up!”
 
I stop dead in my tracks at the sound of her voice. Catching her breath she smiles up at me, “You didn't have to be so dramatic. My dad would have let us out of class.”
 
Kairi steps toward me and I turn, heading to my locker. Opening my locker I start setting my books in. Just as I got to pull more out, Kairi wraps her arms around my waist.
 
“What's with you lately? I feel like I don't know you.” Her arms retract as I turn around.
“There's nothing wrong with me. I've just been thinking.”
 
“What about, you stop thinking now and let's go have some fun.”
 
Slender fingers trail over my belt buckle. I slap her hand away.
 
“Not now and not here.”
 
She giggles playfully and smiles devilishly with a secret in her eyes. “You're so silly Riku. Of course not here, I have the key to the bathrooms and we have at least fifteen minutes before our next class.”
 
I narrow my eyes at Kairi, “Is that all you care about?”
 
“Riku…how can you say such a thing? I love you.”
 
Kairi steps forward and I flinch back, throwing my arm out. Intending to keep her away, instead my hand smacks her in the face.
 
“I…K-Kairi…I'm sorry.”
 
With tears stinging her eyes, she runs off. However I continue on my walk to the nurse's office, wondering the whole time if the tears were real or not. I just hope that they'll let me lay down for a couple of classes. That way I don't have to see Kairi for the rest of the day.
 
~~~~~Squall~~~~~
 
With hope that my classes will pass quickly, I walk into my 2nd hour, History. I've never had ease with this subject so it's a possibility this class my never end.
 
Taking my seat I notice the teacher turned away from the class and talking on the phone.
 
I have a bad feeling about this. Mr. Valentine never uses the phone…unless it's serious.
 
He hangs up and swivels around in his chair. At first glance I use to think that he was a student, for he looks so young. Mr. Valentine has short dark brown hair with some falling to the sides of his face that surrounds crimson eyes. He always wears navy blue slacks and a white formal shirt.
 
The bell rings for class to begin. Mr. Valentine walks to the front of his desk. “Class, I'll be leaving for the rest of the week.”
 
A voice behind me questions him further, “How come Mr. Valentine?”
 
A large smile tugs at the corner of his lips. “My wife, Lucrecia, is having our baby. For the rest of the week I'll be having a good friend of mine fill in. You all be good.”
 
“Of course they'll be good. Now get going Vincent.”
 
Holding my breath I turn in my seat. Clad in jeans and a black tee the substitute walks over to Mr. Valentine. My History teacher grabs his bag, “Thanks again,” and he runs out. That is while my gaze stays locked on the man before me.
 
“Alright class, my name's Cloud Strife. I'll be your teacher now. You'll address me as Cloud and only as Cloud.” My crush grabs a stack of stabled papers. “Vincent left some worksheets so let's get started on that. Are there any questions?”
 
One of my classmates decides they do. But it doesn't who they are. Plus since I sit in the front of the middle row, it makes it pointless to turn around and observe. I don't talk to them anyway.
 
“Um I heard…Cloud aren't you the combat teacher?”
 
He nods, “Yeah, but I use to be a history teacher. Decided that there are other things I can teach.”
 
Cloud passes out the papers and we all get started. Just staring at the packet of worksheets gives me a headache. Setting my pencil down, I massage my temples.
 
Why is history so important anyway?
 
Chatter around me erupts as my classmates begin to talk to one another. Hell, I'm desperate enough to wish I had this accursed class with that idiot Luxord. It's a wonder I even speak to him…
 
Glancing around me I notice that no one so much as looks my way when Cloud pulls up a seat in front of my desk.
 
I raise an eyebrow at him, “What are you doing?”
 
His lips curve up into a smile, “You looked a little confused. Want some help?”
 
A blush creeps across my cheeks. I simply nod and stare back down at the paper. As Cloud begins to explain the concept of economics and government to me I can't help but listen and slowly begin to understand clearer.
 
“Aren't you going to write that down?”
 
“Um…yeah...”
 
Cloud holds out my pencil to me and the second my hand falls over his its as if everyone else around us disappears. I look up only to get lost in the depths of his bright blue eyes.
 
It's a shame good things never seem to last.
 
“Mr. Cloud could you come over and help us next?” asks a girl from the back.
 
Cloud shakes his head at the title he was called. He smiles down at me before pulling his hand away. “Let me know if you need any more help, okay?”
 
With a sigh I let the rest of class roll by. I don't even call him back over. But I do get more work done than usual.
 
~~~~~Axel~~~~~
 
Mr. Marluxia's science class is always the worst, especially since it's as early as 3rd hour. I sweat the guy hates me.
 
Roxas sits down next to me, “So how's it going?”
 
I shrug, “Okay I guess. I heard that we have a project in here though.”
 
From behind Demyx groans as he plops down into the seat behind me. His head falls onto the table, earning a laugh from Sora. The brunet sits down next to Demyx and smiles at me. I smile back, his usual cheerfulness not affecting me at all.
 
“Now class, settle down so I can pass out your project assignments. You can use the class today to discuss it between partners.”
 
The paper slips next to me and I groan as I read over it. Roxas only cocks an eyebrow at me, “What's it on?”
 
“Gotta make a model of the main organs of a shark and talk about them.”
 
“That's not too bad. We can do it in one go around.”
 
Shrugging, I lay my head on the cool table. Wincing slightly I turn back to Demyx, the culprit who hit me with an eraser. “Yes Dem?”
 
“What's wrong?”
 
I sigh, “Just tired I guess.”

Roxas leans back in his chair, “So Axel, we doing this thing at my-”
 
“No!” my silent shout echoes between the four of us. I'm not sure who Roxas told. Demyx narrows his eyes with hatred gleaming in them while Sora smiles sadly.
 
“Sorry it slipped my mind. But do you want to get it done after school today?”
 
I nod and smile at my friends, trying to reassure them, “Sure, the sooner the better.”
 
Demyx turns to Sora, “Then that means it's going to be your house.”
 
Sora nods, “Yup, Friday will be good. My parents will be out but Squall will be there so they can't object.”
 
Swiveling fully around in my chair I rest my head on my hand. “What's your project on anyway?”
 
Demyx grins, “An essay on frogs versus whales.”
 
Sighing, Roxas leans forward and grabs Sora's hands; I guess for support, “Hey Axel, why don't you tell Rufus about him?”
 
Inwardly I thank every god under the sun that we sit in a back corner, isolated. “Because then it might hurt you and Dem.”
 
~~~~~Demyx~~~~~
 
Sitting in my 5th hour Music class I can finally relax. Next to me Axel slouches deep down into his chair. Shyly Riku sits down beside Axel. I frown, knowing that they must've grown further apart than I had originally thought.

Jack, our teacher, walks into the classroom in his normal attire; black slacks, white dress shirt and black boots and tie. Jack pushes his shaggy black hair out of his mysterious black eyes.
 
He grins like a madman, “Well class we have a student helper in our class this year. Of course everyone knows me as Jack Skellington, the music teacher!”
 
I smile as my blue haired lover stands from his seat. “My name is Zexion Reimei. I'm a senior and I'm here till Mr. Skellington ceases to need my services.”
 
The teacher laughs, “Call me Jack and you'll be done helping once we finish our performance. I'm going to assign this project in groups. The only one who will perform alone is our very own Demyx!”
 
I stare wide-eyed in shock.
 
This guy must be crazy. It's only Thursday, we've been in school four whole days! Just because he's been my teacher before doesn't mean he can make me the star of his show!
 
“So hurry and get into groups!”

Everyone instantly moves toward corners and away from other groups. Ultimately all they accomplished was splitting into two large groups. Jack notices this too and sighs heavily, “No, that's not the right idea at all. I want groups of three or four.”
 
As they tried again I glance over at my two allies. Axel sits in his chair, bored, while Riku keeps his gaze to the ground. The wheels in my head turn. Confidently I stride over to Jack.
 
“Um…I want to make a suggestion.” He nods for me to continue. “Well my two friends over there are skilled but I think they would work better together and away from everyone else. Maybe they can be the act before mine?”
 
Jack taps his chin, thinking hard about my proposal. “Demyx I would love to have that but I did say groups of three or four.”
 
I exhale the breath I didn't realize that I had been holding in. That's when Zexion walks over. “Sir, if I may comment. Riku is my brother and I know first hand that he can play piano very well as well as sing.”
 
I beam happily, “Oh and Axel is great on guitar!”
 
The musical man glances over at the two, “Okay, I'll go let them know the good news.”
 
The second Jack walks away I swivel around toward Zexion. “Thanks, I didn't know it would actually work.”
 
“What are you trying to do Demyx?”
 
“Nothing really…I just want them to notice each other more. It drives me insane. Plus…Axel helped me get you. It's only fair I return the favor.”
 
Zexion leans forward and pecks my lips. “You're too good.”
 
“Alright everyone our début is on the day after winter break begins. We'll perform in the art theater at the end of town. Have a good day now!” exclaims Jack the minute before the bell rings.
 
As Zexion and I walk to combat class he turns to me. “Demyx what are you going to perform?”
 
I smile up at him, “Something for you.”
 
~~~~~Squall~~~~~
 
My extra practice in combat paid off. I can block just about every attack. But that's only if I focus. I'm just glad its over for the day. I'm beat.
 
Opening the door and walking past the kitchen Dad sticks his head out the entry way, “Hey Squall, come here.”
 
Turning, I go back. Dad isn't that old, he's just a moron sometimes. He wears his long brown-black hair in a low ponytail with some always hanging down into his face. I walk into the kitchen and see my mother. Her long brown hair falls around her shoulders, only kept out of her face by a headband.
 
She smiles at me her blue eyes filled with kindness. “How was your day Hunny?”
 
“It was good.” I sit down at the island in the middle of our kitchen. “So what do you need from me?”
 
“Hunny…it's just that you don't talk to us anymore.”
 
“What's there to talk about? I told you my `secret' as you use to call it when Sora told his.”
 
Dad turns from chopping carrots. “So you think by telling us that you're homosexual, that you won't have to talk to us anymore?”
 
“Dad I…okay I'm doing fine in all my classes and history still sucks, better?”
 
Mom turns and smiles but before she can say anything our doorbell rings.
 
“I'll go get it,” I say as I hurry out of the room. I need to thank the person for getting me out of family session time. Opening the door I lay eyes on the last person I want my parents to see.
 
“Hey you forgot your bag. I just…figured I'd bring it to you.”

I smile, with gloom plastered on my face, up at Cloud, “Thanks.”
 
“Sweetie, who's at the door?” Mom calls from the kitchen.
 
I sigh, dreading I would have to let this man in. “It's my teacher.”
 
The noises in the kitchen cease as Mom and Dad come to stand in my place. I just move and go upstairs, my bag in hand.
 
Glancing at the clock I note that Cloud's been here for half an hour. However, the sound of the front door shutting sends me to my window. I pull back the curtains and watch Cloud climb onto his motorcycle. I smile to myself as I lean against the window frame. Just before he puts on his glasses he looks up. My eyes connect with his and he smiles back. With a short wave he slides on his glasses and drives off.
 
Dinner came sooner than expected. Sitting next to Sora I let his overall good mood radiate to me. Half-way through, after Sora explained his science project and when he and Demyx are getting it done, Mom turns to me.
 
“Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. We talked with your teacher and since you're so bad at History…Your Father suggested that he tutor you. The best part is, is that he said he would do it for free.”
 
All warmth drains from my body as I stare at Mom. “Are you serious? You're just going to let a stranger into the house, just like that?”
 
Sora glances at me and I shoot him a be-quiet-look. I'm perfectly okay with Cloud coming over I just don't want them to know that.
 
Dad speaks up now, “Son, look your mom called Aerith and found out that Cloud is one of her best friends. She even recommended him. You're first lesson starts tomorrow.”
 
I groan with the grace of an actor and continue eating in silence.
 
~~~~~Axel~~~~~
 
“Roxas, I'll be right back. I forgot my book.” I yell over to him.
 
Fiddling with my lock I finally pull it open. Grabbing my science book I slam the locker door shut. I sprint down the hall, trying to slow as I round a corner. I slam straight into a person.
 
We tumble to the ground as I land on top of him. That's when I swallow hard, looking into Luxord's gleaming eyes. I scramble to get off and grab the book.
 
“Where are you going Axel?” he asks as he grabs my ankle.
 
He throws himself on top of me, pinning me face first to the ground. A hand covers my mouth as he flips me over. Instinctively I bite down on his hand and throw him to the side.
 
I grab my book and run, “Later Luxord.”
 
The only good thing is that Roxas and I finished the science project. The second Roxas leaves I head to my parents' study. Even though I'm tired, they're probably still up working away.
 
Just before my hand touches the handle I hear their voices.
 
“Look Reno, I'm not kidding. I have a new lead on the Reimei case.”
 
“That's great Rufus, but if Sephiroth finds out…”
 
“He won't find out because he doesn't know what he looks like or where she is. Fujin looks totally different.”
 
“At least this will bring some closure to Riku and Zexion.”
 
Stunned, I back away and run up the stairs as quietly as I can. I've got to tell Riku when I find out more. This just proves that Sephiroth is an ass.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~