Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Catalytic Weekend ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay people I have a lot planned and the chapters will be long, short, and in between. This one is over 8 pages so no complaining. I've wrote four and five and was suppose to type this all up Sunday and post Monday but sadly we had storms. Very, very sorry for that delay...enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. And I'm serious…if I did things would be A LOT different.
-________________________-
Altered Resemblance
Chapter 4: Catalytic Weekend
-________________________-
 
~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~~
 
I got to school extra early today. I'm not even sure why.
 
It's one of those gut feelings where you know if you don't do something, you'll end up regretting it later on.
 
Wow…I really am early, the teachers are just now showing up.
 
It didn't take long for Riku to get here either. The second he steps into the courtyard, I can't help but smile in his direction. Since no one is around to pester me about my feelings for Riku, I wave him over.
 
The grin on his beautiful countenance springs up as he hurries over, “Hey Axel.”
 
“Yo, Mr. Popular, how's it going?”
 
“Riku Reimei, can I have a word with you?”
 
Riku's face drops as we both turn to see Mr. Marluxia standing behind us. His grip on his math book tightens.
 
Thinking fast, I try to bail him out. “Sorry Teach, Riku and I were about to discuss a project for Music class.”
 
The pink haired educator merely laughs at me, “Music? What a joke. This is about his grade in science. A class that is actually needed to graduate.”
 
I shoot Riku and apologetic look before he walks off with Mr. Marluxia.
 
That's when it hits me.
 
Riku's excellent in science, so why would they need to talk about his grade? Unless…he did something to Kairi that Mr. Freak didn't like.
 
Calmly I follow close while inside I'm in a total panic.
 
Outside of his classroom and in a barren corridor they finally stop walking. Mr. Marluxia glares down at Riku.
 
I can't help but flinch just from the crazed look in his eyes.
 
“Riku…my daughter came to me and said something that I find rather hard to believe.”
 
“And what would that be?” Riku answers politely.
 
“Kairi told me that you hit her, is this true? Ha, of course it is she never lies. But let me here you say it.”
 
“Mr. Marluxia, we got into a…spat and when I went to get away from her my hand hit her. If you doubt me I don't care but I did nothing.”
 
Horrified I watch as he grabs Riku by the throat and slams him into the lockers.
 
“If you ever lay a hand on my daughter, in that way again, I'll make you regret it,” snarls the pink haired man.
 
Riku falls to his knees gasping for air. However, confidence shines off his face as he stands back up, “You can't hurt me. If you do I'll have you fired and thrown in jail.”
 
Mr. Marluxia only chuckles, “I can do whatever I what to you. Principal Xehanort is a dear friend of mine.”
 
Riku's smirk falls but his stance holds strong, till he crumples to the ground.
 
My lunar haired friend holds his cheek where Marluxia's fist had just been.
 
He begins to walk away, “See Riku, I can do anything I want.”
 
Thinking that he's out of sight by now, I run over to Riku. “Are you okay?”
 
He nods, “Yeah, I just have to make things right before he kills me.”
 
Not sure what I can do to help, I simply embrace him. “Don't worry Riku, I'll watch your back.”
 
I tighten my grip and look up over his shoulder to see a flash of pink.
 
~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~~
 
I sit down in my 3rd hour and lie my head on my desk. Kairi hadn't shown up till right before the bell started ringing. No doubt it's because of me.
 
“R-Riku?”
 
I look up to see Kairi. The frightened look in her eyes baffles me.
 
“Come on Kai, sit down. I'm sorry about yesterday. It was an accident, I was just…afraid.”
 
Obeying, she smiles, “It's okay I forgive you…because I love you Riku, more than you know.”
 
Her words come on sounding honest and sincere. Kairi's joyful attitude reminds me of when she, Sora, and I use to play when we were little.
 
“Take your seat everyone,” the teacher demands.
 
Our English teacher is a short tempered quack. Snickers float around the room and I can only guess.
 
Mr. Donald pushes back his shaggy snow white hair and takes a deep breath. His black eyes gleam angrily as he tries to mop up the spilled coffee on his desk. Donald pulls his brown jacket off and throws it over the mess. He wipes his hands on his brown pants and smoothes his crisp white shirt.
 
“Well class since that was your assignment for the day and I have no other copies, we'll do it together. Now all eyes should be up here and you'll each need a piece of paper.”
 
As the lesson begins Kairi slides a sheet toward me. On the paper is her elegant writing in the form of a question.
 
Want to come over after school and start the project?
 
I scribble down a yes and pass it back.
 
At least now I can talk to her. I just feel that we've let the fire die. It was fun in the beginning but now…I don't care about her that way anymore.
 
~~~~~~~~Demyx~~~~~~~~
 
Sitting in the back of the room I wait for Axel and Riku to come in. Axel sits behind Riku and I across from Axel.
 
Fourth hour is always fun, but the teacher isn't looking so well today. Mickey Mouse is an awesome educator but he's a little paler than usual.
 
Black hair falls messily around his ashen face and his onyx eyes are dull and have bags underneath them.
 
Mickey loosens the collar of his formal white shirt. “Since I'm not feeling well and we have no sub prepared, Principal Xehanort will be filling in for me. `Cause fellas I can't stay any longer.”
 
Mickey staggers out of the classroom as Principal Xehanort strides in. I hadn't even noticed that my two friends had come in until Axel's head slams into the desk.
 
He mumbles low for us to hear, “This can't be happening…”
 
Riku chuckles but stops the second Xehanort's yellow eyes fall on him.
 
Sometimes I wonder how he can afford such nice clothes. Principals don't make that much money Xehanort always has his long hair glistening like newly polished silver. His suits are never less than the finest quality and black with gleaming raven shoes.
 
He sure is a man of high caliber.
 
I sure am glad he's single though. No one wants little Xehanort's running around. That's too much evil for one city.
 
“Now everyone, Mr. Mouse left worksheets to be done. I'll permit groups and light talking but that's it.”
 
The sinister man passes out the packets and plants himself down in the brown leather chair.
 
Riku, Axel, and I pull our desks together.
 
“So what are you two going to do for the project?”
 
Axel shrugs, “I don't even know. We haven't talked about it.”
 
Riku nods in agreement, “Actually it would be easier if we just performed separately.”
 
“Well okay, I'll see what I can do.”
 
Axel scribbles an answer onto the paper. “Dem seriously, what can you do?”
 
I grin confidently, “Zexion is his assistant and organizer for the event. I'll get things straightened out.”
 
“So what are you going to do Dem?”
 
Winking at Axel I turn to my work, “If you promise not to tell anyone, then fine.” They both promise and I can't help but let my grin grow, “I'm going to perform a song I wrote, on my sitar.”
 
Riku tosses his packet to Axel. “That's cool Demyx, can't wait to hear it.”
 
Axel turns to the other, “Riku, why do I need this?”
 
“Because I'm finished and you need the answers. Then again…I could always take them back.”
 
Riku grabs for the papers but Axel swats his hand away, “Never said I didn't want `em.”
 
We laugh as our red headed friend scribbles away, anxious to get rid of the work.
 
~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~~
 
I actually had a good day. Jack said he would think about separate performances on Monday. I've even…warmed up to Axel. I want our friendship back. But as much as I desire it, I'm not sure if I can have it. That's why I need to get over to Kairi's and talk to her.
 
Ringing the doorbell I begin to regret coming. Something in the back of my mind tells me to just walk away. That to some degree of evil will happen.
 
The door opens to reveal a lot of skin.
 
Kairi has on shorts that could be nonexistent and spaghetti shop shirt.
 
“My Dad had to run out at the last minute. He remembered he has a date tonight.”
 
She grabs my hand and pulls me in. The second the door shuts her arms warp around me in a tight embrace.
 
I smile down at her, “Kairi, shouldn't we get started on that project?”
 
“Why would you say that? It's already done and graded. Now come upstairs and we can talk.”
 
I take a sip of water from the glass she had given me.
 
“Riku I love you and you know that.”
 
“But Kai, if I remember correctly, you always flirted with Sora. I was a third wheel in your eyes.”
 
Kairi slips onto the bed next to me, “How could you be so blind? I was trying to make you jealous.”
 
She pulls the glass from my hand and puts it on the side table. Kairi's lips lock with mine.
 
Hands run over my body and I let mine roam her. The nuisance of clothes is no longer there as I roll on top of her.
 
Since I lost all control and instinct takes over.
 
~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~
 
The second I get home, Mom and Dad leave. I move all my books to the dining room before going upstairs and changing out of my uniform.
 
The doorbell rings and I slip back downstairs in black jeans and a white t-shirt. Sora opens the door just as I step into the entryway.
 
Sora smiles sweetly, “Hi Cloud, come on it.”
 
“Hey Sora, how's it going? Oh, Squall where do we begin?”
 
I grin, “The dining room. And Sora, if you or Demyx need anything, let me know.”
 
Sora nods and returns to his seat in the living room, waiting for Demyx.
 
Cloud and I sit down at the table, side-by-side. Halfway through the lesson I seem to be doing fine. As long as I don't space or nothing I'll be fine. So far I haven't done anything remotely stupid either.
 
Cloud grabs the pencil from my hand and erases the answer I had wrote on the paper. “Weren't you listening Squall?”
 
“Uh…yeah?”
 
“Okay, then what's the answer? Now that you know it's not C?”
 
“…A?”
 
He nods, “Yup that's correct.”
 
“Can I have my pencil back?” I ask as I eye the mechanical contraption.
 
Cloud holds it just out of my reach, “A good student would come prepared.” he teases with a smile on his thin lips.
 
I decide to have some fun and play along. “Well if my terrible teacher hadn't stole it, I would be.” I reach for the pencil again.
 
If a sign could light up it would be saying ERROR!
 
The legs of my chair slide out from under me as I go forward. Cloud turns to around fully to try and catch me as I collide into him, sending us both to the floor.
 
Lifting my head off his chest I end up staring into his vibrant blue eyes. “I'm…sorry…” I choke out.
 
“It's okay, I'm just glad I caught you.”
 
Cloud's hands slide from my back to my hips. As I lean my head down, a voice of reason pokes at the back of my mind.
 
It tells me to get up and forget my feelings…act mature. But what does it know anyway.
 
I lay my lips down on his and expect to be pushed away.
 
Cloud's arms wrap fully around my waist and he pushes his own lips against mine. I pull away and lay my head back down on his chest. Just living in the moment and not wanting to leave.
 
Unfortunately it does come to an end, and too quickly for my liking.
 
We stand up and straighten the chairs. Cloud reaches to me, but his hand drops to his pocket as his cell phone rings obnoxiously.
 
“I should go…Squall…I…”
 
Still feeling bold I step forward and peck his lips.
 
Cloud smiles and hurries out the door, answering his phone on the way.
 
With a smile of my own, I head up stairs to see if Demyx and Sora need anything.
 
The second I open the door I meet Sora's somewhat fierce, yet adorable, glare.
 
“Sora what happened?”
 
“Like you don't know? What if someone finds out that you and Cloud locked lips?”
 
“Y-You saw that?”
 
Demyx nods, “We went to get drinks but walked in on you. I didn't know you had a thing for a teacher!”
 
“Okay relax…I'll…he doesn't even like me back, that was all me. I won't do it ever again.”
 
Sora walks over and gives me a light hug, “Squall…I just don't want you hurt and I defiantly don't want Cloud going to jail…or worse.”
 
I sigh heavily and stride slowly to my room.
 
What Sora doesn't know, won't hurt him.
 
~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~
 
Thanks to Jack, I won't have to perform with Riku. But that also means that he won't be coming over.
 
Falling onto my bed, I groan. I even got up early and got dressed decently until I realized that he wouldn't be coming.
 
I stand up and straighten my dark blue jeans and smooth out my black t-shirt with the red flames on it.
 
“Axel you have a visitor! I'm sending him up!” Reno calls from downstairs.
 
I shrug and go to open the door, expecting to see Demyx or Roxas.
 
On the contrary, a disheveled Riku with pale features staggers into my room. Shutting the door, I walk over to him and put my hands on his shoulders to steady him.
 
“Riku, come on man, pull yourself together and tell me what's wrong…please?”
 
With his eyes to the floor and in an emotionless voice he tells me everything.
 
“I don't' know why or how but I had sex with Kairi, of course it was protected. Then I woke up this morning to find out that her supposed father went out on a date with Larxene, Demyx and Roxas's mother. I acted like everything was normal and got cleaned up before I ran over here.”
 
Cupping his face in my hand I lift his face to mine and his eyes follow.
 
“Axel…I feel like I've betrayed you.”
 
“Riku we're only friends, you haven't betrayed me in anyway at all.”
 
I'm not sure if he even heard anything after I said the word “friends”. He lets loose an onslaught of tears as he falls against my chest.
 
I do the only thing I can think of. I pull him close and run my fingers through his damp hair.
 
“A-Axel…I l-love you,” Riku pulls away and wipes at his eyes.
 
“I love you too but what about miss prissy?”
 
“Don't worry about her, she'll be forgotten on Monday. I'd rather have Mr. Marluxia hate me than not love you and be with you.”
 
I let my arms rest on his hips as he encircles his own around my neck. Riku leans up and connects his mouth to mine.
 
“Aw Rufus, aren't they cute?”
 
I tighten my hold on my lunar haired love and glare at Rufus and Reno.
 
“Agh, how dare you two spy?!”
 
Reno grins at me, “Well I just wanted to see if Riku would like to stay for breakfast.”
 
Rufus rolls his eyes at my mom, “I was only dragged along. But I do remember a little red head spying on me while I work.”
 
My cheeks redden and he smiles, “Go on you two hurry and get down there and eat.”
 
Mom and Dad leave and we just begin to laugh.
 
“I've missed coming over.”
 
“And I've missed having you.”