Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ In Motion ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I've finally finished the chapter. I'm planning on getting more done tonight…especially since these are soooooo long! But either way I've started writing the sequel to Undead Hearts but I'm not sure when to put it up. It won't be long…I think. …Anyway I'll be putting up My Sanctuary first!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything!!!!
-________________-
Altered Resemblance
Chapter 5: In Motion
-________________-
 
~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~
 
Sunday we had been locked inside our house. Dad said he didn't want us going anywhere. But at least it's Monday.
 
Nervous, yet happy, I stride over to the group. Axel, Demyx, and Roxas are already there.
 
Zexion moves over to sit next to Demyx and I take a seat next to Axel.
 
The red head smiles warmly at me, “Good morning Princess.”
 
Everyone laughs while I turn beet red. I lightly punch Axel in the arm. “You're just jealous that you don't look half as good as me.”
 
Laughter hangs in the air around us.
 
“Riku, why didn't you wait for me…and why on earth are you over here?”
 
It was good while I lasted.
 
“Well Kairi, I felt terrible after what happened Friday. I'm breaking up with you.”
 
Her cool composure shatters and her glare snaps over to Axel. “It's because of him…isn't it Riku?”
 
Just then Sora bounds over, “Hey guys…Hey Kairi, you okay?”
 
Squall keeps walking toward the school and for the briefest second I catch Sora shooting him a worried glance.
 
Kairi turns to the brunette. “No Sora. I'm not okay. I gave myself to that insensitive jerk and he just dumped me!”
 
Sora blinks slowly and gazes up at her with innocent blue eyes, “Why would Riku do that?”
 
Axel's arm slinks its way around my waist. “Because he's finally seen the error of his ways, Riku is now officially dating me, got it memorized?”
 
Kairi's countenance flares up in rage. She spins toward me and sets her sights.
 
Kairi slaps me hard across the face. “Riku, if I can't have you, no one will. When I'm through with your scrawny ass, nobody will want to even touch you, much less look at you!”
 
Axel laughs coldly, “I guess I'm a Nobody then, huh Riku?”
 
I shrug, “I guess so.”
 
He leans down and places a gentle kiss on my stinging cheek. At the sight of this, Kairi storms off.
 
Demyx leans back against my brother, “Well…that sure was interesting. Glad I avoided her all these years.”

Zexion chuckles lightly, “Think of it this way Demyx, she did get one thing right. My dear little brother does have a scrawny ass.”
 
I glare playfully at him, `Watch it bro, or you'll have a new haircut tomorrow morning.”
 
The musical blonde gasps and pulls Zexion closer to him. I laugh and shake my head, glad that these are my friends.
 
~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~
 
As I slide into my seat for first hour English I anxiously wait for Zexion to come in. The bell rings and Mr. Cid Highwind hasn't arrived yet and neither has Zexion.
 
I roll my eyes and slide deeper down into my chair in the back of the classroom. At least we have tables for two in this class. Makes talking easier to accomplish.
 
My stormy haired friend plops down next to me.
 
“What took you so long?”
 
“Demyx…”
 
Cid walks in and starts passing out workbooks. “Get started on pages 10-13. If yall want to know the grade on your first test then work diligently and leave me alone, help deach other.”
 
As if he could read my mind, Zexion turns to me. “What do you need to talk about?”
 
Instead I write down everything about Cloud and how I feel and pass it to him.
 
The paper slides back into my grasp seconds later. In neat cursive writing are the words that make the most sense.
 
Keep it Secret.
 
I raise an eyebrow, “Why, shouldn't I tell someone?”
 
“You say it like I'm not someone. But no, not yet, wait till after graduation.”
 
“But that's so far…”
 
“Gives you time to figure everything out.”
 
I nod, “Thanks Zexion, but do you think I should be in love with him? I mean…do you think its right?”
 
“To me yes…to others…I'm not sure.”
 
Sighing, I get back to my work. Zexion takes the note and slides it into his bag, “I'll get rid of it.”
 
~~~~~~~~
 
I walk into my third hour feeling depressed and I can't help it. Once in my seat I yank out a sheet of paper and write Sora a not.
 
He worries about me too much.
 
In the note I tell him about 2nd hour. How Vincent is still out but Cloud avoided me like the plague.
 
At least Sora will be happy to read that.
 
I set the note to the side and dig through my bag for my science book.
 
Luxord slides onto the stool next to me. “So Squall, wanna come over this weekend? Xaldin has a stash of drink.”
 
“You and I both know that I'm not joining you.”
 
He leans closer to me, “Why don't you invite Cloud?”
 
My body freezes over and my blood runs cold. I straighten up and glare daggers at my supposed friend.
 
“Keep your mouth shut Luxord.”
 
“What? Jeez Squall, I was just joking. I mean he is your combat partner.”
 
I snatch the note from the table and shove it in my pocket.
 
Mr. Vexen walks into the class. His long blonde hair and calculating green eyes make him easy to spot.
 
As I turn away from Luxord I catch the hint of a smirk.
 
And that's what worries me.
 
~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~~
 
I'd never thought I'd think it but…music class is hell.
 
Good news is that Jack is letting us perform solo. Bad news is that the songs are requested…we don't get to pick them.
 
Poor Riku, Jack said that he would be performing a type of Halloween song requested by one of the senior girls.
 
Zexion strides over to us; papers in hand and a smirk on his lips.
 
Riku turns to his brother, “So what's my song?” His face falls with one look at the paper. “Do I have to sing this?”
 
Zexion nods.
 
I snatch the paper from his hands and stifle my laugh. The song Riku has to perform is one called Sexy Vampire.
 
Riku grabs the sheet from me, “Shut up Axel, what makes it worse is that I'm the opening act….how embarrassing.”
 
“You'll do fine…So Zexy how bad is mine?”
 
“The song is Let Me Love You.”
 
Grabbing the sheet I scan over the lyrics. “Well okay…that's not bad. When do I go on though?”
 
“Right before me!” exclaims Demyx.
 
Jack claps his hands together to get everyone's attention.
 
“From tomorrow on we will be meeting on the stage instead of the classroom. Those who are performing can either practice here or at home but let's make this one great show!”
 
I shake my head and turn to my boyfriend, “So…Riku are you going to dance too?”
 
His face turns beet red, “Maybe…”
 
~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~
 
Near the end of my 5th hour Art, I finally get a chance to speak with Zexion freely.
 
“I think he found out.”
 
“Did you leave something out or say something?”
 
“No I….left out a note to Sora. Do you think he would say anything?”
 
“I'm honestly not sure. I'll keep an eye on him. Maybe get Demyx to watch out too.”
 
The bell rings and we all hurry to pack up, glad that today is almost over.
 
Ms. Aerith calls to me, “Squall could you stay after class for just a minute?”
 
I turn to Zexion, “I'll see you later.”
 
Zexion nods, “Okay, I have to go catch-”
 
“Demyx, I know, go ahead.”
 
After everyone finished filing out I walk up to the font of the class.
 
She always seems to have sadness about her. Even though her caring eyes shine and her smile is always serene.
 
Ms. Aerith's long twisting brown hair is never seen without a pink bow holding it up. Even if she's wearing a totally different color…she has that pink bow.
 
“Yes, Ms. Aerith?”
 
“You can just call me Aerith, no need for formality at the moment.” I nod and she continues. “I just wanted to thank you. Cloud seems very devoted to helping you. But he's seemed much happier since my husband Zack died.”
 
“I-I didn't know that there was that much to it.”
 
Aerith smiles kindly, “Yes, Zack died in a horrible motorcycle accident. Yet Cloud still drives those death traps. Anyway, you can go now. I just wanted to thank you.”
 
“Your welcome.”
 
I walk to combat and can't help but feel heavy. I had no idea at all.
 
~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~
 
Today in combat, Cloud said we would be starting sparring. So…each of us got a hollow bamboo pole. After he gave us a demonstration, we all got started.
 
As class nears its end I wipe the sweat off my forehead. Who knew it could be such exercise. I drop to the ground with Axel right beside me.
 
For once in my life I shyly turn to my love. “Hey Axel…do you want to come over and practice this weekend?”
 
“Sure, that'll give me time to get somewhat good so I can impress you.”
 
“Axel, you never cease to impress me.”
 
The bell rings and I scramble to get up.
 
“I'll have to warn you Axel, my Dad's been acting weird. He said something about some people keep calling over some finances.”
 
“Uh…yeah its okay, I can handle it.”
 
Axel slings his bag over his shoulder and begins walking to his bus.
 
I on the other hand eye him suspiciously.
 
There's something that he's not telling me.
 
~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~
 
As I gather up my belongings, Sora walks over to me, “Ready to go?”
 
“Yeah, I'll be there in a minute.”
 
My brother scurries away to go with Roxas while I grab my bag.
 
“Squall, can we talk?”
 
My heart skips a beat. I glance around the area nervously to see if anyone is still here. With a sigh of relief I turn to Cloud.
 
“Talk about what? If it's about tutoring, I can't today.”
 
Cloud shifts and stares at his shoes, “Us, and I...”
 
“No we can't talk about this. I…don't want to get you hurt.”
 
I turn my back to the blonde and begin walking away.
 
Why does he have to be so great in my eyes? How can I possibly love a man I hardly know?
 
Before I can get very far, Cloud takes a hold of my wrist and pulls me to him.
 
“I'm sorry I have to go or I'll be late.”
 
His loving blue eyes gaze down onto me. “Squall do you feel strongly for me?”
 
I merely nod, hypnotized.
 
“My feelings are the same.”
 
Cloud leans down to my level and captures my lips.
 
All I want to do is wrap him in my arms and never let go. TO never let his moment end.
 
But of course it does…and too soon.
 
“I-I have to go.” is all I choke out before running off.
 
~~~~~~~~Demyx~~~~~~~~
 
Now dressed in jeans and a light blue tee I plop down onto the floor of my room. I pull my sitar onto my lap and pluck at a few strings.
 
As I let the wordless melody flood from the strings, I can't help but smile. It calms me to just play or listen to a song.
 
Too bad no one else in my family feels the same way.
 
The door to my room slams open and Mom glares at me from the doorway.
 
“Stop playing that noise maker and go see if your brother wants me to get him and his friend anything before I head out.”
 
Mom walks out.
 
I wonder why she makes me do everything. I mean his room is just at the end of the hall!
 
I lay the sitar back in its case.
 
I lift my fist to knock when I catch what is being said inside.

Luxord's sick laughter floats through the door. “Yup I'm gonna blackmail that sucker for all he's worth.”
 
His friend Xaldin snorts. No one can mistake his voice. “Squall's one of those rich ones isn't he?”
 
“Yeah, not too wealthy but good enough!”
 
“So how'd you do it?”
 
“Got a photo of him and the teacher locking lips after class.”
 
I throw the door open and pounce on Luxord. I blindly throw punches and kicks. Luxord throws his hand up to protect himself.
 
Instead, I sink my teeth into his skin. His blood leeks into my mouth.
 
I spit it right back into his face.
 
Xaldin's arms wrap around my waist and he manages to pull me off. Throwing my elbow into his stomach, I take off running.
 
I snag my emergency bag of clothes and such and grab my sitar. I run out the door before anyone can catch me.
 
Since Roxas is already at Sora's, I head there first. Time to kill two birds with one stone.
 
Before knocking I hide my stuff in the buses and wipe at my face.
 
Mrs. Loire opens the door with a smile, “Oh Demyx, how good it is to see you. Sora and Roxas are up stairs, go on up.”
 
Walking into Sora's room I fall onto the bed. Roxas pokes at my side, `What's wrong?”
 
“Luxord is going to blackmail Squall.”
 
Sora gasps, “No…”
 
I only nod. “Either way I can't go home and I suggest that you don't either Roxas.”
 
Sora sits down on the bed, “What'd you do Dem?”
 
“I don't know how much damage but I let loose on him. So I'm going to go stay with Axel.”
 
Roxas nods, “Okay, well go ahead and inform Axel to stay far away from Luxord at all costs. I'll go home, he can't hurt me.”
 
I only nod before heading to Axel's. Let Sora talk him out of it.