Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Bring to Light ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Altered Resemblance
Chapter 6: Bring To Light
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sitting through Mr. Marluxia's class is tormenting. Not to mention the fact that his glares are only seen by me. Kairi didn't even show up today. Either way...I can't wait till I'm free from this hell.
 
The bell chimes and I gather up my things quickly.
 
“Riku I need to see you in private.”
 
I don't even bother to hide my groan as the other lucky students get to leave. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I stride up to Mr. Marluxia. “Yes?”
 
“How dare you dump my daughter? She's perfect, what's wrong with you? And now I hear that you're dating Axel?”
 
“Yes Sir.”
 
Marluxia leans down to my level, which frankly isn't too far. “Date my daughter or face the consequences.”
 
A smirk tugs at my lips, “I think not. If you even think about doing anything I'll have people on your ass before you can blink.”
 
His usually acidic glare dims as he spins away from me. Satisfied, I walk out of the classroom. That's one way to brighten up one's day.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I hurriedly copy the notes off the board as Vincent writes them. I didn't expect him to be back so soon but that goes to show that teachers need the money. In the middle of explaining what he had wrote the phone begins to ring.
 
Vincent rolls his eyes and sets the marker down, moving to his desk. His loose grip on the phone tightens as he continues to sit down on the edge of the desk. Vincent shakily places it back on the cradle and stumbles back to the board.
 
Everyone wonders what teachers do in their spare time. But now I don't think is the best time to find out. It's a shame that the girl behind me doesn't agree.
 
“Mr. Valentine do you have another job?”
 
A bittersweet smile crosses his lips. “Before I could get my degree, I took up a job as a tattoo artist. My first client was my best friend, Cloud.”
 
The girl to the side of me...what's her name-Oh yes, Quitis speaks up next. “Oh...what did he get?”
 
“A set of angel wings on his shoulder.”
 
Her onslaught of questions proceeds further. “Are you okay? What was the phone call about?”
 
I sigh, “Don't you think that is a personal question?”
 
“No, it's okay. I don't mind. Cloud...got into a motorcycle accident and I was the one that he had down to call.”
 
I feel my stomach drop.
 
However, Vincent continues the lesson and I just can't concentrate. Especially knowing that Cloud's hurt.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Walking into third hour I'm greeted by Luxord's slimy grin. The second I sit down he turns to me.
 
“So Squall, would you mind helping me out?”
 
My stormy gaze floats over to him, “Why would I help you?”
 
Instead of an answer he just turns away and pulls out his pencil. A slip of paper slides over to me and my eyes go wide.
 
He can't be serious! When I figure out a plan, Luxord is so dead. There's no way I'm helping him and Kairi...even if he threatens with Cloud.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Demyx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I pick up my lunch-tray and head over to our table. Axel, Riku, Roxas, and Sora are already seated when I take mine on the other side of Sora.
 
Riku stabs at his mashed potatoes. “Axel, can you talk to Rufus about teacher harassment?”
 
“Sure babe! I'll get on it as soon as I can. But he's been working late; I hardly see him anymore.”
 
Sora pulls his bun in half and snacks on it while Roxas talks over him. “Are we going home or should we stay somewhere else?”
 
I swallow hard.
 
I'm sure going to get it when I go home. But I'll do it anyway, he can't run me away.
 
“Let's just go back and deal with it. If we're together he can't beat both of us.”
 
Sora's arms fly across Roxas and my shoulders. “I'm so proud of both of you.”
 
Axel grins at me, “Don't worry Dem. I'll try and get some info out of my parents and I'll help you all out. We can always try.”
 
We continue to eat in silence. None of us really wants to bring it up. Good thing Riku's brave and damn persistent.
 
“Axel, what about Luxord? You're the target of his twisted mind.”
 
“Don't worry about it Riku.”
 
“No! I will worry and so does everyone else, okay?”
 
Roxas nods in agreement. Axel can only sigh heavily, “Fine, I'll figure something out, promise.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Since Cloud had gotten into that accident we all have a free day. Riku and Zexion both sat with us. However, Roxas and Sora are sitting around Squall, pestering him about something. Zexion pulls Demyx to the side, probably trying to get him to spill about the song Demyx is going to perform for him. Riku chuckles at the sight of it. We both know that Zexion isn't comfortable with surprises, because of his mom's disappearance.
 
On the other hand Riku and I lounger in a peaceful silence as my thoughts run amuck.
 
Should I tell Riku about what I heard from my parents? But...if he over reacts everyone will find out. As Riku's my friend and boyfriend, I can't keep anything from him.
 
I turn to Riku and motion for him to follow me.
 
“Where are you two going?” asks Demyx.
 
I smirk back at him, “Bathroom, duh.”
 
Riku nods, “Got to make sure he comes back.”
 
Walking into the sterile restroom, I stand in front of the sinks as he hops onto it.
 
“So what's up Axel?”
 
“I turn my gaze to his shoes that dangle next to me. “I overheard my parents talking last night. They found your mom. She's alive and well in one of those safe houses. Sephiroth can't get to her even if he knew she was alive.”
 
Riku bows his head with a blank expression. I encircle my arms around him, hoping to chase most of the hurt away. Thin muscled arms wrap around my neck as he places a kiss on my lips. I melt into him and he runs his tongue along my bottom lip, begging entrance. I let my lips part without hesitation.
 
The door opens with a creak and we separate. Riku hops off the counter and walks out, just in case a teacher is checking for skippers. I turn to the mirror and run a hand through my crimson spikes.
 
A hand grabs my shoulder, “Hello Axel.”
 
I glare at his reflection. “What do you want from me Luxord?”
 
“Nothing much...”
 
He latches onto my wrists with his iron grip. I struggle to get myself free but I just can't.
 
“Don't struggle darling...No one can get in here to rescue you anyway.”
 
I clench my teeth shut, “Why do you do this Luxord?”
 
“A guy's got to make money and a little ass here and there is nice too.”
 
He spins me around to face his ugly mug. Rough lips crash down on me.
 
Taking full advantage of my position I launch my foot into his knee cap. Resulting in Luxord dropping like a sack of potatoes.
 
I turn to run but end up colliding with the floor. I kick desperately at the appendage grasping my ankle.
 
Finally free, I stumble to my feet. It's a shame Luxord recovers so quickly.
 
He throws me into the wall before pinning me against it. At least I threw my hands up so my face didn't smack right into it.
 
Footsteps are heard outside.
 
“Let me go or I'll scream.”
 
Luxord growls angrily, knowing that he could easily get caught. I part my lips and inhale deep.
 
The pressure of his body against me vanishes and the sound of the heavy door opening and shutting echoes around me.
 
I can't believe that worked.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Changed into my normal clothing, I rush out of the hospital. I left in such a blur; no one knew I had gone. They'll find out soon though.
 
The noise of everyone rushing around fills my ears as I walk through the threshold of the hospital. I quickly approach the desk.
 
“Cloud you tell me where Cloud Strife's room is?”
 
The girl flashes a weary smile, “Of course; Floor 2, Room 17.”
 
I nod my thanks before heading to the elevator.
 
Anxiety wells up inside me as I count down the rooms.
 
9…11…13…15…17
 
I take a deep breath before opening the door. Cloud lies on the bed, appearing to be asleep. A bittersweet smile crosses my lips.
 
He doesn't seem to be too damaged; he came out lucky, a slit on his cheek, ankle sprained and most likely a fractured wrist. Knowing that he's in good hand, I turn to leave, not wanting to disturb him.
 
“Aren't you going to stay…Squall?”
 
“I…uh…you should rest.”
 
“I can rest anytime, now come sit down.”
 
I can't resist.
 
Cloud smiles as I sit down in the chair beside the bed. “So why did you come?”
 
“I…was worried about you.”
 
I thought it would be obvious. A student makes sure that his teacher's okay. At least…that's what I keep telling myself.
 
The flaxen haired man sighs heavily, “Outside of those walls I'm not your teacher. Squall I-”
 
“I don't know you!” I blurt out. Embarrassed I stand to leave.
 
“I use to live in Twilight Town. My best friends were all I had; Zack, Aerith, and Vincent. But we all split after high school; Aerith into art, Vincent into the art of tattoos, Zack into law enforcement, and I into teaching.”
 
I drop back down into my seat and listen intently.
 
“Zack and Aerith had only been married a year or so when he got assigned to a new case in Destiny Islands. Someone recommended him to a man called Rufus. It was about a man named Sephiroth who had supposedly gotten rid of his wife. But that's all I was told.
 
“One day Zack asked me to drive him there, or you know the airport. Unfortunately it was all a set up, all because Zack was coming closer to be able to convict Sephiroth. So, the second he got out of the car, someone loaded him with bullets.”
 
Unshed tears stream down Cloud's face. “I watched him die in my arms.”
 
I move to the edge of the bed and wrap my arms around him. His healthy arm hooks itself around my waist as he sobs into my shirt.
 
As he pulls away I wipe away the remaining tears.
 
“I'm an orphan and I don't have any adoptive parents. So when Aerith asked me to teach here, I came immediately. But Squall…you're the only one I would take a shot on.”
 
I let a grin slip onto my lips, “Am I out of line to say I loved you the first time I saw you?”
 
Cloud shakes his head, “Of course not.”
 
I lean down and mold my lips to his. Full of need, he keeps me close.
 
If only people understood.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I sit on my bed; mind working on math while my heart worries for Axel. Sighing I lean down into my bag seeking a calculator.
 
I let out a groan before standing and trudging to Zexion's room. I know he has one. Knocking briefly I receive no answer. With a shrug I stride in and over to his bag.
 
I reach in and pull out the calculator and a neatly folded note.
 
The old saying says that curiosity killed the cat. But it's a damn good thing I'm not a cat.
 
Unwrapping the note I scan the contents. I feel my eyes widen and my jaw drop.
 
I can't believe that Squall and Cloud…don't they know they could get in serious trouble?
 
“Damn it Riku get out of my room!”
 
“I was just getting your-”
 
“D-Did you r-read that?” I look down at the paper and nod. “Well don't tell anyone. But…if you do tell someone…most likely that someone being Axel, keep it secret till they want to announce it.”
 
“Don't worry Zexy, all is under control.”
 
As I walk by him I place the sheet in his hands.
 
I've got to tell Axel…maybe he could help keep things under wraps…he is a pretty creepy guy to the ones that don't know him.