Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Acceptance ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Altered Resemblance
Chapter 13: Acceptance
 
~~~~~~~~Demyx~~~~~~~~
 
“Ven will like you, I promise.”
 
“But what if he doesn't?”
 
“Zexion, just relax okay.” I smile down at him and I lead the way into Ven's house, well, our house.
 
After Larxene was arrested, the judge said that Ven has all authority to do what he wants with the house. Ultimately, Roxas and I talked him into living in our house and putting his three-bed three-bath up for sale. Ven left earlier to draw up the papers and said that he needs to tell Roxas and I something.
 
I'm not sure what but we've told him all about ourselves and our boyfriends. Sora's already met Ven so I hope that he likes Zexion.
 
Zexion and I sit in the kitchen when the front door opens. Ven walks around the corner with a tall man at his side. He has amazing aqua eyes and short brown hair that parts around his face.
 
I guess it's still hard to call him Dad instead of Ven. But what does this guy have to do with anything?
 
“Hey Demyx, who do you have there?”
 
I wrap my arm around Zexion, `This is my boyfriend, Zexion Reimei.”
 
Ven steps forward and shakes his hand. “So Zexion do you have any plans now that you're out of school?”
 
“I'm planning on going to college here for a doctor's degree. I already have a small position at the hospital so I have plenty of income. But I…we were going to ask if Demyx could move in with me after he graduates.”
 
Ven quirks a slim blonde eyebrow, “Do you have a place to live…by yourself?”
 
Zexion nods and I glance and realize that he looks so much more grownup now. “I'm getting an apartment soon and hopefully I can start saving for a house.”
 
The man leans against Ven, “You know Ventus, you could sell your house to him with regular payments.”
 
“Oh right, guys this is Terra…and that's a wonderful idea.”
 
Zexion's visible eye widens, “Are you serious?”
 
Ven nods resolutely, “Of course I am. Now let's get to work on those papers.” he turns to me, “Demyx this is my boyfriend Terra. I thought you and Roxas should meet him. He might move in with us.”
 
Well that was easy enough. I guess things had to go to hell before they could get better.
 
~~~~~~~~Sora~~~~~~
 
It's been a couple days after graduation and things still haven't changed. But it's a good thing I've taken matters into my own hands. At least I hope I've done this soon enough.

I knock on Squall's door before opening it. With the sound of the click behind me I sit down next to his lying form. Head phones sit over his ears as his ipod plays a song into his head. I gently pull them off and he opens his eyes.
 
“Yes Sora?”
 
“What are you listening to?”
 
“Miracle by Vertical Horizon.”
 
Silence settles in the air between us. Squall flips the ipod off and sits up.
 
“Sorry I was taking a break from job and apartment search-“
 
“Cloud's moving back to his hometown.”
 
I let the words explode from my mouth and I watch his eyes lose light to them.
 
“Are you sure?”
 
I only flash him a sad smile.
 
“I…I guess it's for the best.”
 
Groaning I bounce up and slap him across the face. Squall holds his reddening cheek in his hand. “You're supposed to be my brother. But you're not acting like it. The real Squall would've ran over to Cloud at the news. So why don't you now?”
 
I kneel down in front of him and let my expression soften, “Just go okay? I hate seeing you so lifeless. I want my brother back and I'll do whatever it takes for that to happen.”
 
His arms circle around me, “Thank you Sora…I…I don't know what I'd do without you.”
 
I grin up at him, “You'd defiantly need a full time therapist.”
 
Squall's laughter floats around me and I laugh too. As our giggles die he stands and slips on his boots. “Thanks again…little brother.”
 
I only beam happily as he runs out. A few seconds later the front door slams shut. Just as I pull myself to my feet, Mom and Dad walk into the room.

Mom glances around, “Where's your brother?”
 
I take a deep breath to steady myself, “He left because he can't take it. I can't take it. I told him to.”
 
Dad sighs heavily and runs a hand through his raven locks before leaning against the door frame. “You're not going to tell us where he went, are you Sora?”
 
I shake my head. “Why can't you just accept this? Not everyone falls in love with who their parents see fit. Just because it's not normal doesn't mean that they aren't good people. Cloud is a very good person so why can't you let this be?”
 
Mom steps forward and wraps her arms around me, “It's just that your Father and I aren't use to your brother's idea of love.”
 
I arch an eyebrow and push her away gently. “So what? I'm gay too. But there's no problem with me and Roxas being together.”
 
“Sora, just listen to your mother.”
 
“No! It's about time you both started listening to us. I'm going over to stay with Roxas. I'll be back later.”
 
I walk out of the room without glancing at either of them.
 
This is taking too long. We need a miracle.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~~
 
I lie my head back down on Rufus's lap and stretch my legs across Reno's. Reno clicks the play button and the movie rolls onto the TV. Not that we're actually going to watch it. The movie is just a reason to get together.
 
Just as it begins Rufus pins my arms down and Reno expertly runs his fingers up and down the soles of my bare feet. Laughter immediately erupts from me as I struggle for freedom that I secretly don't want to escape from.
 
That's when the doorbell rings.
 
Our laughter immediately ceases as Rufus stands and approaches the door. Opening it we lay eyes on Marluxia and Kairi. Reno and I get up to stand behind him when he invites them in. Kairi passes by me and glances at me with fear in her eyes.
 
Reno quirks an eyebrow, “What's this all about Marluxia?”
 
“Why I've come to collect what is rightfully mine.”
 
Rufus's blue eyes turn to ice, “I have noting that belongs to you.”
 
Marluxia chuckles, “So you never revealed the truth?”
 
I must have missed that family discussion because I have no idea what the hell is going on.
 
I turn to Reno, “What's he talking about?”
 
Rufus bows his head, “I'm sorry Axel. We never told you who your parents were. Marluxia's your biological father.”
 
I collapse into the chair behind me.
 
No…that…can't be. My parents are dead.
 
“Now Rufus, there's no need to make a scene. I just want my son back.”
 
I glare up at the pink haired man. I don't skip a beat either. I grab Kairi's wrist and pull her toward the door before yelling at the vile man.
 
“My parents died a long time ago!”
 
I refuse to say another word as I pull Kairi down the street. Suddenly she pulls away from me.
 
“What's wrong Kairi?”
 
“Why did you do that? I…I just still don't understand how you can forgive me.”
 
I flash her a genuine smile and embrace her. “Because you're my sister right? I'm supposed to protect you and I haven't. So it's high time I make up for that.”
 
I wipe away her silent tears with my thumb as she tightens her hold on my waist.
 
“Thanks Axel.”
 
“No problem.”
 
~~~~~~~~~Sora~~~~~~~
 
I curl onto Roxas and smile up at him. He leans down and pecks my lips.
 
“Ven told me you two were perfect together. But I think you're both too cute.”
 
Roxas glares playfully at the man, “Oh shut it Terra…this is Sora.”
 
“It's nice to finally meet you.”
 
“You too.”
 
Terra sits down next to us and the second he does, the door bell rings.
 
Ven's voice floats to us, “Still working, could one of you get that?”
 
Terra chuckles and does as asked.
 
Oh come on…I was only over here for a few minutes.

Terra leads my parents to where we sit. I detangle myself from Roxas.
 
Dad half smiles, “We want you to tell us where he is.”

Ven strides into the room but I ignore his presence.
 
How embarrassing to argue with your parents in front of your boyfriend's parent(s). But I'm not to sure if I care at this point. I just want to get this information into their thick heads. I hope it worked.
 
“No because you'll make him leave Cloud again. He's 18 he can make his own choices.”
 
Mom tries to reason with me next, `Sweetie you have to understand the age difference. It's just too much.”
 
I stand up suddenly and a hand falls on my shoulder. I look up to see Ven. He looks at my parents with the utmost seriousness.
 
“If you don't mind me asking, how many years is it?”
 
“Five years.” states Dad.
 
Next to him Terra chuckles, “I'm sorry I didn't mean to laugh. It's just that's how many years different my parents were. They turned out fine. Still live together and everything.”
 
My parents share a look before Dad speaks for the both of them, “We just wan to talk to Squall, that's all.”
 
Grinning I look up at Ven again, “Can Roxas go with me?”
 
He nods and I yank Roxas up.
 
He rolls his eyes, “Okay but if it gets lovey dovey, we're out of there.”
 
I shake my head, “So you think.”
 
Roxas wraps his arm around my waist as we follow Mom and Dad to their car.
 
~~~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~~
 
Zexion had left earlier this morning. Mom got me up and told me that the second she calls, I'm to phone Kairi and get her to come over right away.
 
My phone buzzes on the table in front of the couch. Picking it up I glance at the name on the front, `Mom'. I reject the call and dial Kairi's number. She answers on the second ring.
 
“Hi Riku, what's up?”
 
Has she been crying? It sure sounds like it but I'm not too sure.
 
A muffled noise floats through and another voice speaks, “We'll be right over Riku.”
 
Axel hands up on his end and I on mine.
 
I hope everything is okay.
 
A few minutes later I'm leading them back to the living room. Axel lounges back next to me, “Kairi came over with her dad…but he's my real father too…so I guess I should've said our dad.”
 
Wrapping my arms around him I peck his lips, “I'm so sorry.”
 
Axel flashes Kairi and I his trademark smirk. “Don't be sorry, Riku. But now I can do something to have my sister back with me. I'm going to ask Rufus and Reno to fight for you and your baby.”
 
The two red heads stare at each other from across the table, before I can blink Kairi's over and hugging us both.
 
“Home…” states Mom as she walks in with the baby girl.
 
Kairi let's us go to pull the baby in her arms, “Hey my little girl. I've missed you so much Namine.”
 
Axel yanks me to my feet along with him. “Riku and I are going to back my house. Kairi can fill everyone in.”
 
As Axel drags me down the streets I yank him to a stop. “What's the hurry?”
 
“I want to know what happened after we left.”
 
“Okay…just…slow down.”
 
Axel runs a hand through his crimson locks, “Yeah…okay.”
 
I destroy the short height between us and push my lips against his. Arms wrap around my waist and he crushes me against him.
 
Leaning back I grin, “So are we going to stand out in public and make-out or get going?”
 
Axel chuckles, “Well it is more comfortable on something we can sit on.” and we continue on our way.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Walking into the Shinra household we spot Reno and Rufus lounging on the couch in each other's arms. Personally I'd hate interrupt such a moment. It's a shame Axel doesn't share my thoughts.
 
My raging boyfriend stomps over to his parents. “What'd Marluxia say?”
 
“He's taking us to court.” Reno states blandly.
 
Axel sighs, “Can I ask a favor then?”
 
Rufus look sup at Axel, concern lying deep in his aging blue eyes. “Anything, tell us anything.”
 
“Would you fight for not only me but for Kairi and her baby?”
 
In unison they both nod. Reno gestures to the stairs, “You both can stay if you want. Your dad and I are going out tonight.”
 
We smirk at each other before jogging up the stairs to tell Kairi and spend some much needed time together.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~~~
 
I guess it would've been smart to get directions to where Cloud lives. At least I've gotten some where.
 
I knock on the front door of the house on the corner.
 
Aerith answer the door. “Squall, what are you doing here?” Is something wrong?”
 
I nod, “Yes, I need to know where Cloud lives.”
 
“1713 Moogle Avenue, do you know where it is?”
 
“Yeah, thank you.”
 
I turn and begin down the porch steps.
 
“Oh and Squall…please hurry.”
 
I'm glad she understands. A ride there would've been nice but I know she doesn't own a car. Plus Moogle Avenue is right around the bend.
 
Breaking off into a sprint I fly by house after house. It doesn't take long to round the last corner and spot Cloud's motorcycle a few houses down. The engine cuts off and he climbs off the bike as I rush to meet him.
 
Cloud sets the helmet on the seat and turns back just in time for me to skid to a halt in front of him. Cloud's ocean orbs widen, “W-What are you doing here?”
 
I take a deep breath and regain composure. “Stopping you from leaving.”
 
“But…your parents?”
 
“Who cares? I'm 18 and I want to stay with you. Wherever you go, I'll be right behind you.”
 
Cloud grabs my hand in his, “Then, would you leave with me? From there I can support us while you get into your career.”
 
He pulls me forward into his embrace and I tilt my head up. “I wouldn't want it any other way.”
 
I wrap my arms around his neck and his hands rest on my hips. Cloud gently presses his lips to mine and I generously let him explore my mouth. As I go to lean back into him a vehicle pulls up behind us. Sora and Roxas slip out with my parents right behind them. I turn around in Cloud's arms.
 
“What's going on Sora?”
 
Dad steps forward with his hand laced with Mom's. “We just came to talk.”
 
“Whatever you have to say won't change the fact that I'm leaving with Cloud.”
 
The both smile at me and Mom rushes forward to wrap us both in a hug. “We're just glad that your happy. You'll both have to promise to visit.”
 
Nodding she backs away. Cloud quirks an eyebrow, “Does that mean that you accept our relationship?”
 
Dad merely laughs, “Of course, so Squall am I still a moron?”
 
I shake my head and give him a big hug.
 
I've got a family and the love of my life. I guess things really did have to hit the fan. That is at least before our lives could blossom.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End~~~~~~~~~~~~~