Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Lingering Tension ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Altered Resemblance
Chapter 12: Lingering Tension
 
~~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~~
 
I groan as I open my eyes. A hand squeezes my own and I turn my gaze to the source. I let my smile grow.
 
“You came to see me.”
 
“Of course, it's all thanks to Sora though.”
 
Sitting up I notice that I'm still in my jeans and white t-shirt. Throwing my legs over the side of the bed, I mold my lips to Cloud's. His arms warp around my waist and I slide down onto his lap. I link my arms around his neck and he captures my lips once more. Lowering my hands to rest on his chest, I lie my head on his shoulder.
 
“I love you Cloud.”
 
“I love you too.”
 
Just as I press my mouth to Cloud's neck the door swings open.
 
I look up at my family with an apathetic expression. However, I do flash my little brother a smile. “Hey Sora, glad you came.”
 
Standing I pull Cloud to his feet as well. Dad's furious eyes clash with my bored ones.
 
He use to be so cool about everything that everyone did. He's supposed to understand. Why does he choose to not listen now?
 
Mom touches his arm, but it won't help, unlike how it usually does to calm him down just a bit. Dad's on a roll and he's not going to stop.
 
“You need to leave right now, Cloud.”
 
The blonde moves to step around me and obey my Father's wishes, but I stop him instead.
 
“No, he doesn't have to leave. Why can't you accept us? If…if you can't then…I'll leave.”
 
Dad's eyes narrow at us, “Cloud, either you leave my son alone or I'll take immediate action.”
 
Cloud smiles down at me, “I'm sorry…Squall.”
 
I gaze up into empty blue orbs before he walks out the door.
 
_~~~~~~~~~~~_
 
That day Cloud walked out of my life. My parents then got me pulled out of Combat class at the start of the third semester. I haven't even seen him once since then. Aerith glances at me all the time in Art, sending her sadness with them.
 
At least it's Friday. That way I can hole up in my room. I don't want to talk to my parents. They're the ones that made this worse than it actually is.
 
“Squall, I have your dinner ready.” I open the door for Sora as he walks in empty handed. “Are you sure you don't want to come down and eat?”
 
“Sora…I can't. I'm sorry but…not after all this. I won't pretend that everything is all right.”
 
My brother buries his head into my chest and warm tears seep through my shirt.
 
“Why are you crying?”
 
“I…it's all my fault.”
 
I sigh and push him back to arms length. “Calm down its fine. I'm…I'll come down and eat. But I won't pretend got it? So just cheer up…just a little bit alright?”
 
Sora's brow spikes bob up and down before he pulls me out of my room.
 
~~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~
 
I bound down the stairs and open the front door. Kairi smiles up at me from the threshold. “Come on in.” I lead her to the living room and we sit down. “So Kairi, what's wrong? You look upset about something.”
 
“I…my dad made me give up the baby.” tears streak down her cheeks. “After all those months, he still forced me to put it up for adoption. M-my baby girl, I don't care that it was Luxord's.”
 
Mom walks into the room.
 
“Did you hear everything Mom?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Can we help, please?”
 
“Adopt, I'll do it right now.”
 
Kairi blinks, “Y…Ms. Fuujin, you would really do that for me?”
 
“Only until your old enough, okay?” Mom smiles at Kairi before hurrying to get her purse and to leave.
 
Kairi's arms wrap around me. “Oh thank you Riku. It means so much to me. Especially since your dad's getting sentenced soon.” She sits back down next to me and I merely shrug.
 
Mom pulls the door open and I catch sight of Axel's crimson tresses. He gives Mom a brief hug before coming and lounging down on the other couch across from us.
 
Axel's been over here just about every day since Mom came back. Everything is the way it should, for me it is.
 
“Hey you two, guess what I found out.”
 
I laugh lightly, “Just tell us Axel.”
 
“Early this morning Rufus got a call about a senior from our school.”
 
This piques both our interest. “Who is it?” asks the red head next to me.
 
Axel grins, “Luxord was found in a club bathroom. He had been raped and murdered. Not to mention all the illegal drugs in his system.”
 
I rest my head on my palm, “That's interesting.”
 
Axel shakes his head, “That's not even the best part. Demyx just called me on my way over and you won't believe it.”
 
I roll my eyes, “Spit it out would you?”
 
Axel scoffs, “It's for the dramatic effect my dear Riku.” I simply shake my head and he continues. “Anyways…Reno went to his house and arrested Larxene. When they interrogated Sephiroth, he told them all about her part in it all.”
 
Kairi smiles at us both, “It looks like things might be looking up.”
 
I sigh, “For us maybe but not for others.”
 
Squall and Sora…they still haven't found peace. But it should be on its way right? Or is that Sora's optimism finally kicking me in the butt?