Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Life Saver ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Altered Resemblance
Chapter 11: Life Saver
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~
 
We all sit in the corner, bound, with no way of escape. Riku leans his head against Axel, “Does Reno know you're over here?”
 
“I'm sure he does. Either way we need to get out of here fast.”
 
Zexion nods in agreement, “Sephiroth doesn't seem very stable at the moment.”
 
Speak of the devil.
 
The door flies open and he walks into his office. Sephiroth grins down at us, “I just got off the phone with Rufus. Unfortunately he thinks he can save you all. I would never hurt my own children but you two are a different story.”
 
Axel's gaze connects with mine before he smirk up at Sephiroth, “Like any of us are scared of you. You couldn't even kill your wife right. What makes you think you could kill one of us?”
 
A dark chuckle rings in my ears. “I promised Rufus I would kill one and set the other free while I keep my kids. I guess that means I'm starting with you Axel Shinra.”
 
The lunar haired man kneels down in front of me. “You get to go home. Consider yourself fortunate.”
 
Elegant fingers trail to my wrists as he cuts the knots with a knife. Sephiroth helps me up and turns me to the door. As we begin walking out of the area I glance back and receive a wink from the cunning red head.
 
I've got to do something to stall. The second Sephiroth leaves my side, Axel's a dead man. Hopefully they can hurry and get themselves free.
 
I spin around on my heel and throw myself at Sephiroth.
 
He's a lot sturdier than I first thought.
 
Sephiroth catches me in his arms. At the last second I kick off the ground and send us into the law of gravity. However, the blade stays glued into his grip.
 
Sephiroth pushes me off as he scrambles to his feet. “Do you want to die that bad?”
 
“No…but I don't want anyone else too either.”
 
Taking a step back I bump into the large couch in the living room. As he strides up to me I grab the wrist wielding the weapon.
 
In response, Sephiroth seeks out my neck in order to choke me. At the failure of being able to take a deep breath I let go of him and instead I try to pry his hand from my throat.
 
In a desperate attempt to get him off I lean back against the couch and bring my legs up, kicking Sephiroth in the stomach.
 
I suck in a much needed breath as I tumble over onto the couch and he flies to the polished dark wood.
 
Without skipping a beat I stumble over to where the long switchblade had fallen. With it in hand I look up to see Sephiroth hovering over me.
 
“If you hand it over and leave you won't get hurt.”
 
“I don't think so.”
 
He tackles me into the terrain all the time trying to retrieve his knife from me.
 
Somehow I end up sitting on his waist with the blade firmly at his neck.
 
“You don't have the guts to use it,” he mocks me, “And when you don't I'll use it on you.”
 
Panic flutters through me but instead of showing it I stab the blade into his shoulder. Rage sweeps over Sephiroth features as his fist crashes into the side of my head and black blocks my vision.
 
~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~
 
Riku hurriedly works to untie my bindings without looking. Zexion shoots me a worried glance.
 
“I don't like those sounds.”
 
“Okay Axel, tug real hard.” orders Riku.
 
I do as I'm told and the piece of rope falls from me as I stand up. “I'll be right back, I promise.”
 
I take off toward the source of Sephiroth's voice. “You don't have the guts to use it and when you don't I'll use it on you.”
 
I skid through the threshold as Squall jabs it into the man's shoulder. Sephiroth proceeds to punch him in the head.
 
Squall crumbles to the ground and I rush to his side. Instinctively I check his pulse. Exhaling a sigh of relief I lie him back down before glaring at Sephiroth.
 
This guy just doesn't know when to quit.
 
He brings himself to his feet and yanks the knife out. I stare transfixed as blood slips down his arm. An impish grin latches onto his lips as he strides to me. Snapping back into reality, I bolt toward the front door.
 
I manage to throw it open and stumble out just as he slashes where I had been idling. Collapsing to the cement, Rufus and several officers rush by me and into the house. Reno kneels down in front of me.
 
“You did a good thing Axel.”
 
I laugh and shake my head. “I didn't do anything. Squall did it all. He's knocked out but we're all fine.”
 
Reno smiles at me, “Would it be embarrassing if I carried you over to the ambulances?”
 
I just latch onto his neck and he picks me up.
 
At this point, I don't give a shit. I think I deserve to be hauled over there.
 
~~~~~~~~~Sora~~~~~~~~~
 
Mom, Dad, and I stand outside the Reimei house. Rufus called to let us know that Sephiroth was holding them hostage. We hurried over as fast as we could. Mom and Dad never did question me about my brother's escape, thank God.
 
I'm jolted out of my thoughts as Rufus walks out with Squall in his arms while Riku and Zexion follow behind him. My parents instantly flock over to see how he's doing. Turning to follow, I catch sight of blonde spikes.
 
I happily follow Cloud out of the crowds. Out of earshot of all the residents Cloud frowns down at me.
 
“You probably hate me now don't you?”
 
I shake my head of chestnut spikes, “The opposite really. I've never seen my brother so happy. If I should be doing anything, it's thanking you.”
 
“I see…but what about Laguna and Raine? They don't seem to be very accepting of us.”
 
“Don't worry about it…I'll help with that. Now I know you're gonna want to see Squall before us when he gets to the hospital.”
 
Cloud turns his back to me, “I don't have to. All I need to know is that he's alright.”
 
I raise an eyebrow. “You're lying you know that?”
 
He spins back around to face me. “Sora…what's the plan?”
 
“I knew you'd see it my way.” I beam excitedly. “Okie, I'll keep Mom and Dad busy. They're going to call when we can see him. So just be there waiting. I can stall for about half an hour at best.”
 
Cloud flashes a grin, “Thank you Sora.”
 
“Don't thank me just yet.”
 
“Sora, Sora where are you?” Mom calls out to me.
 
I wrap my arms around Cloud's waist and give him a big hug. “I'd better get going. See you later.”
 
I wave good bye as I hurry over to my parents.
 
He is a good guy. I just hope that everyone else can see that Cloud's perfect for my brother.