Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Stuck N Middle ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Altered Resemblance
Chapter 10: Stuck N Middle
________________-
 
~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~
 
First thing in the morning, Sora walks into my room. “I'll cover for you as long as I can.”
 
“Thanks Sora.” I take the green apple from his outstretched hand.
 
“How long will you be gone?”
 
“Relax Sora. All I need to do is get to Zexion's then meet up with Cloud if I can. Before you know it, I'll be back.”
 
“But…but what if someone finds out that doesn't need to know?”
 
“Sora, just calm down…Aren't you suppose to be the optimist between the two of us?”
 
A smile finally curves onto Sora's lips. “You're right. I'll see you when you get back.”
 
My brother walks out and I lock the door behind him. I open the window and climb onto the nearest tree I can reach. Lowering myself onto the ground I realize how in love I actually am.
 
Maybe I can just pack some things and run away. Then again, I wouldn't see my family or friends anymore. No matter. Whatever happens, they're not going to get us. I'll be with Cloud because I choose too.
 
Striding slowly though the morning air I finally calm down completely. My cool composure only lasts for so long. But now, I let my grin grow as wide as it can get. I'm happy and I'm not afraid to admit that I do love Cloud Strife.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
It seems as if I just got over to Riku's. In the contrary, we've been talking for a few hours. It's only around noon so I guess I'm just surprised that I'm over here. I lightly step through the house. I guess things are finally looking up.
 
Sephiroth stands in the kitchen with the cordless phone to his ear. “If you even try to do anything I'll take something very precious from your life.” With that said he slams the phone down into its cradle.
 
After a minute or so I round the corner and step into the room. Sephiroth's eyes follow me as I grab a couple of glasses. The sinister man leaves me alone within a few seconds. Sliding the glass under the faucet, water trickles down into it and over the ice cubes.
 
The cups shatter in the metal basin as I'm yanked backwards. I stab my foot into my attacker's, setting myself free. Spinning around I laid eyes on Sephiroth. In his hand are coils of rope and pieces of cloth.
 
“What'cha got there Mr. Reimei?”
 
With a blank expression, he lunges at me. First thing, his fist buries into my stomach. I instantly double over in pain. Thanks to that my attention is diverted allowing Sephiroth to force my arms behind my back and trap them with rope.
 
“If you dare to scream, I'll kill everyone, understood?”
 
I simply nod before being drug to his office and placed in a corner.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~~~
 
Zexion sighs, “Riku and Axel know. But it'll be okay. They only want to help.”
 
“That's…nice of them.”
 
My steely haired friend presses his ear against the wall behind him.
 
“What are you doing Zexion?”
 
“I…heard Riku yelling something.” His countenance warps into a rare case of worry.
 
Shrugging, I stand up, “Well let's go see then.” He nods and hurries out he door ahead of me.
 
Zexion rudely throws the door open and our eyes go wide.
 
Sephiroth stands over a bound and gagged Riku. His glare settles on us. I take a step back and reach out to pull Zexion with me.
 
However, the agile man lunges at Zexion and gets to work. As Sephiroth expertly secures the cord around his arms, I go into attack mode. I throw myself at him and all three of us hit the ground.
 
“Get out of here Squall!” yells Zexion.
 
But it's too late for me.
 
Sephiroth pushes me face first into the rug covered tile as he sits on my waist. All the while he ties me up like some sort of cattle.
 
Once at a time he drags us down into his office room where he locks us up inside. The door was our only escape since there are no windows. On the other hand, his constant footfalls remind us that we wouldn't have stood a chance either way.
 
This day couldn't get any worse than it already has. It's a good thing I already called Cloud. Maybe he'll get worried and come looking for me…I doubt it though. I wouldn't want him to get hurt anyway.