Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Altered Resemblance ❯ Unraveling ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A special thanks to Sinful-Metaphor for the idea of Sora's POV. It's going to help move this story along for the better. Plus it'll be nice to see the side of his relationship. :D
 
P.S. : Oh and I found perfect song for Squall and Cloud's relationship for my story. You all should go listen to it. It's All About Us by t.A.T.u. you'll love it trust me!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the plot. : ( I would love to though.
 
Altered Resemblance
Chapter 9: Unraveling
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~Riku~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Zexion's voice travels up to me, “Riku, Kairi's here.”
 
I sigh before heading downstairs.
 
Today's been terrible. First thing in the morning Axel called me to tell me what Luxord had done to him. With that fueling my rage I went to Sephiroth to tell him that I was going to go out. Instead he denied me freedom. Infuriated beyond return, I locked myself in my bedroom. I currently was planning on jumping out the window and high-tailing it, but apparently that isn't going to happen.
 
Zexion shakes his head as he leaves me to my business. I pull the door open to see Kairi's smiling face. “What do you want?”
 
“I'm here to give you a second chance. Riku…I'm pregnant with your baby.”
 
I didn't mean to let that cold laughter slip out, but it did.
 
“Riku what's so funny?”
 
I smirk at her worried countenance, “I wasn't smashed Kairi. I know I at least used protection. Don't you remember, you insisted that I do.”
 
“I've only been with you.” she hisses at me.
 
“You're pathetic Kairi. What happened to you?”
 
“Agh, go to hell Reimei. I should have never let Luxord screw me. He told me it would work. I did it for you!”
 
“And did he use a condom?”
 
Kairi's face twists from rage into fear in the blink of an eye. Tears spill from her like waterfalls. Feeling at least some-what bad for her, I wrap her in my arms.
 
“Look Kai, I still want to be your friend. You just have to ditch the bitch from hell attitude.”
 
“You'd still be my friend?”
 
I nod resolutely as she wipes at her eyes. “Okay Sephiroth won't let me leave the house but I'll call you later to make sure you're okay.”
 
Kairi smiles at this and pecks my cheek before running off with a skip in her step.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~Axel~~~~~~~~~~
 
I corner Reno in the kitchen. “Hey can I ask some questions?”
 
“Of course you can, but that doesn't mean I'll answer.”
 
“Mom…”
 
“Okay, okay ask away.”
 
I take a deep breath and begin tugging on one of my spikes. “What happens…I mean…Reno, Luxord raped me yesterday when I went over to see Demyx.”
 
“W-What did he do?”
 
“Mom…just relax and tell me.”
 
“At the moment I don't care I just want to go beat him with a hammer.”
 
I roll my eyes. “You're over dramatic. Fine then, next question. Riku has been threatened and hit by a teacher, Kairi's dad, would you be able to do something about it if needed?”
 
Reno nods, “Totally up to Riku on that one.” Reno turns back to the cabinets to make lunch as I prepare my follow-up interrogation.
 
“What about if a teacher and a student love each other?”
 
“I'm not sure how to answer that.”
 
“I mean…can the parents take legal action even if they do truly love each other?”
 
“Axel, it all depends on the parents and the strength of the relationship.”
 
I sigh, “Would Rufus be able to help a case like that so the relationship can last?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“So then-”
 
“Yo Rufus, welcome back!”
 
Hopping off the barstool I was perched on, I leave my parents to talk. At least there's some hope.
 
~~~~~~~~~~Squall~~~~~~~~
 
Yawning and stretching, I step out of bed. I run my through my hair before heading downstairs for breakfast. Walking into the kitchen only Mom and Dad are present and it looks like they wanted it that way.
 
Mom leans against the counter and smiles sweetly at me. “Come; sit down Squall we need to talk.”
 
I cautiously take my seat, “What's this all about?” Dad slides a photo toward me. I gasp. Me and Cloud... “Us?”
 
“Yes, your mother found this letter telling all about you two.”
 
Mom reaches out to grab my hand but I flinch away. “Sweetie we're worried about you.”
 
I slam my fists onto the table. “What's there to be worried about?” For God's sake Mom, I love him!”
 
Dad sighs, “Maybe we should put in a request to pull you out of his class.”
 
I stand so abruptly the chair tumbles back with a crash. “Agh, why does everyone have to be such morons?” I don't skip a beat by stomping over to the stairs. “I never want to see you two again. Of all the people I thought at least my parents would understand.”
 
I run up the steps and shut and lock my door. How could they not understand?
 
~~~~~~~~~~Sora~~~~~~~~~~
 
I had overheard everything from this morning. Squall has kept to his word though; he hasn't come out of his room all day.
 
I carry his dinner to his room. However, before I can knock Squall has the door open. I hold out the food toward him, “Can I come in?”
 
He only nods as I stride in through the threshold. Usually he would have replied with a sarcastic remark…this must be really bad. The door locks behind me and I set the plate on his dresser. “I'm sorry…I didn't know you felt so strongly for him.”
 
“I didn't either till I visited him in the hospital.”
 
I sit down next to my brother on his bed. “Squall…I'll do whatever it takes to help you and Cloud, I promise.”
 
A rare grin pulls at the corners of Squall's mouth before he wraps me in a hug. “Thank you Sora. You really don't know how much it means to me.”
 
I leave my brother to scheme to go to my own room.
 
He just doesn't know…that I do understand. Because the smile I saw on his face could've lit the darkest corners of outerspace.