Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay…this was a spur of the moment so I thought I would throw it up and see what kind of response I got. It is yaoi and it contains character death.
 
Ghost of Love
Prologue
 
I turn around and check to make sure that the door is locked tight. Running a hand through my raven tresses I turn to my husband. We've been friends our whole lives and three years ago I took his hand in marriage.
 
The love of my life walks our motorcycle out of the garage. “Zack hurry up.”
 
Laughing, I let our equally blue eyes connect. “Relax Cloud; we've got plenty of time to waste.”
 
I've never been so wrong in my life…
 
Striding over to him I slip our only helmet over his blonde gravity defying spikes. We're a young couple with Cloud 23 and me 27, so I always make sure he's protected when we ride.
 
I climb onto the bike with Cloud seated behind me. As our three year anniversary of marriage I had decided to take him to the beach at midnight. I grin at Cloud over my shoulder, “Are you ready to go?”
 
He nods and leans his head against my back while wrapping his arms securely around my waist.
 
Cruising through the darkening city I pull to a stop at the red light. As it clicks over to a neon green I throw us back in motion. While sliding through the middle of the intersection I catch site of an oncoming car out of the corner of my eye.
 
Our bike skids to the side as Cloud rolls off and out of harm. My muscles burn as I shove the heavy metal contraption off of my frame. I groan and put my hand on my aching head. Pulling it away I notice the blood covering my appendage.
 
How could this happen today? Why would fate hurt us so?
 
Lifting my body up to my feet I watch the lights above me switch again.
 
Without thinking I dive forward and throw Cloud out of the line of traffic. At the last second I look up to see a blinding pair of headlights.
 
That night was the beginning of the end of my life.