Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Sensitive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If Zack is speaking with another dead person it is not italic. If he is trying to talk to the living it will be in quotations and italics. Thinking is in regular italic and nothing else. I hope this doesn't confuse anyone.
 
Invisible Love
Chapter 1: Sensitive
 
Yawning, I sit up and stretch. As I glance around I take note of the hospital setting. Resting his head on the bedside is none other than Cloud. I smile lovingly at him.
 
They must have saved me from the brink of death. Upper Midgar does have the best doctors in the city.
 
I reach down to run my hand in Cloud's spikes when my hand passes right through him. I stumble out of the bed and look down at myself.
 
N-No this can't be happening...I-I can't go yet!
 
The heart-monitor next to me flat lines and Cloud's head shoots up. The doctors and nurses rush him out of the room. On the other hand I stand on the side in shock as they attempt to revive me.
 
But we all know that it's not going to happen.
 
I sigh as the personnel hurriedly clear everything away so that my body is presentable. That's when a white light blares next to me.
 
Shielding my eyes, I let it die down to reveal my deceased best friend. He shakes his head, sending his short black tresses swaying. “I can't believe you Zack. It was very heroic though.”
 
“Aw man I really am dead!”
 
Angeal chuckles at me.
 
“Well I guess…I'm ready to go with you Angeal.”
 
His laughter ceases instantly and his face turns serious.
 
“What…am I going…to hell?”
 
“No Zack, it's more complicated than that.”
 
As much as I want to get the hell out of here, I don't want to leave either. Cloud's going to need me. There's no way I can leave after all we've been through.
 
“Zack the only key I can give you is the advice to help Cloud with all your might. He's not strong enough to go through this on his own.”
 
Before I can say anything more Angeal vanishes without a trace. I turn to the door and Cloud busts in. He drapes his body over mine and cries uncontrollably. Gazing at his weeping form I swear if I wasn't already dead I would die at the site. Moving over to stand next to him I lay my hand on his back and rub in circles, wishing I could calm him.
 
The feeling of being watched flushes over me and I snap my head to the threshold of the room. A boy with stormy blue eyes, short brown hair, and a diagonal scar between his eyes stares at me.
 
“Can he see me?” I wonder aloud.
 
With a curt nod he motions for me to follow him. I glance back at Cloud before deciding to follow him; Cloud won't be going anywhere any time soon.
 
The seventeen year old leads me to the vacant hospital gardens. He smiles sweetly at me, “My name's Squall Leonhart. I'm a sensitive and I'm here to help you.”
 
I cock my head to the side like a puppy. “What's that?”
 
Squall chuckles at me, “A more familiar term is a psychic or a medium. It just means I'm a six sensory person…I can talk to spirits or ghosts.”
 
“Well I don't need any help, my husband Cloud does. I risked my life to save him just as I always told him I would.”
 
“Squall hurry up we need to get going.” says a young boy from the entrance to the hospital.
 
His chestnut hair spikes up in all directions and vibrant blue eyes shine playfully. The boy wears a bright orange shirt and brown cut off shorts. It contrasts to Squall's black jeans and light gray t-shirt.
 
“Can that boy see me too?”
 
“Yes that's my little brother Sora. Our Dad just died so I don't know how much help I'll be. We're leaving tomorrow.”
 
“Damn…I know go to the park tonight and I'll meet you there. Just make sure you come alone.”
 
Squall nods and turns on his heel to make his way over to his sixteen year old brother. With that settled and a plan in mind I rush up to my still sobbing husband.
 
Striding into the room my eyes narrow at the figure holding my Cloud in his arms.
 
It makes since that he moves in on Cloud now that I'm dead.
 
“Thanks for coming Genesis.” Cloud says morbidly.
 
Genesis runs a hand through his short red hair. “Anything for someone as special as you, Cloud…Do you want me to stay with you tonight?”
 
Cloud pulls away, “No I just want to be alone. Maybe another time, okay?””
 
The man nods like he cares and begins walking Cloud to the parking lot. I ride in the backseat of Genesis's car as he drives Cloud home.
 
If only he knew that it won't be an empty home.
 
The vehicle halts in the driveway and Genesis turns to Cloud. “My offer still stands.”
 
“And my answer is still-”
 
That vile man crashes his lips against my Cloud's to cut him off. Thankfully he's shoved away and Cloud hurries to get out.
 
“What's wrong with you? I just lost my husband!”
 
Genesis pouts, “I was trying to cheer you up. I hate to see you so upset.”
 
And I hate to see you at all.
 
“I'll see you later.” are the final words before Cloud sprints into our sanctuary…home.
 
Heaving a deep sigh Cloud trudges up the stairs to our bedroom. He plops down onto the bed and curls up into a ball. Silent tears stream down his face.
 
“Why did you leave me?”
 
I sit down on the side of the bed feeling helpless. Nervously I turn to the clock on the nightstand.
 
8:25 p.m. I need to get Cloud to the park. I can only hope that Squall's already there.
 
Leaning over Cloud I whisper into his ear, “Hurry over to the park and wait.”
 
The distressed blonde stands and changes into a new set of clothes; blue jeans, long sleeved black shirt, and black boots. Wiping at his face, Cloud leaves the house and begins the walk there.
 
I just hope he is meeting me in Upper Midgar. If not…well then we might have some problems.
 
Without questioning himself, Cloud lounges below a willow tree overlooking a large and deep pond. An hour passes and Cloud inhales roughly.
 
“What am I doing here?” He wobbles as he brings himself to his feet. “This is crazy. I shouldn't be here without Zack, I have no reason.”
 
Cloud kneels down before the darkening water, letting newly shed teardrops mix with the liquid below.
 
“I'm sorry I just can't do it. You always said that if one of us left like this that the other would live both our lives…I'm sorry.”
 
My eyes widen as Cloud steps into the water. Frantic, I go in after him and try to grab onto his arms.
 
“Agh why now? Why can't I touch you when I need to? Oh please don't do this Cloud!”
 
I stand there staring into the cold liquid where Cloud's spikes use to be. The air bubbles slowly decrease until they finally just stop all together.