Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ One Last Time ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 11: One Last Time

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Everyone had left and were on their way back home, Sora assuring them that I was in good hands now. Grinning from ear to ear I turn to my old mentor, "So does this mean we're going home?"

"Yes it does."

"But um...hey Angeal can I ask you for a favor?"

"Always Zack."

"Can I go say good-bye to Cloud?"

With a short nod and a smile I send myself racing off to meet up with my blond once again. I appear in the living room where he sits staring at the wall. I take a seat beside him and with all the energy I can muster up I place a kiss on his cheek.

Instinctively his fingers fold over the spot where I had pecked and I place my hand over his. Knowing that he can feel my touch and that I'm here I watch as silent tears leave tracks down over his pale cheeks. Growing weak fast I lean close and whisper into his ear, "I love you Cloud and I'll always watch over you."

My presence disappears from his radar completely as I stand up and head toward the stairs. As I slowly walk up them I feel my energy rapidly returning and by the time I stand beside a still sleeping Squall it's as if I've become alive.

Eyelashes twitch and flutter before revealing those stormy orbs of his. "Zack? What are you doing here?"

"I had to finish up here before I can go anywhere." I wink at him as I circle to the end of the bed. "Whelp now that I'm done I think I deserve a vacation, don't you think so? Anyways, take good care of Cloud for me. Maybe I'll come visit sometime soon...then again...I'm not sure. But I'll keep an eye on you guys!"

"Thanks Zack..."

I flash him one more smile before taking a deep breath and spinning around and walking into a light that I realize only I can see.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

As Zack is engulfed in light I catch sight of pearl white wings sprouting from his back.

It's good to know that he got them...he deserves to be able to soar.

As I lay there watching him leave I find my mind falling back into the void. Instead I refuse to let it and swing my legs over the lip of the bed. Rubbing the back of my head I take it easy as I make my way down the stairs.

With his face in his hands I can tell that he's crying from my position at the bottom of the steps. I sit next to him and wrap my arms around him. Cloud molds into my embrace, "I love you Squall."
"I love you too."

I lie back on the couch with Cloud half-on/off of me as he slowly drifts into much needed sleep.

Things aren't back to normal but still it's the best this detiorating world can get. We've all got someone that has our back and to help us stand back up when we fall. And in the end we each get one last attempt to make sure it's all right...and to get our wings.