Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Bring Me Back ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 10: Bring Me Back

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

The bright light dims from my vision as I sit up straight.

I guess it didn't do anything at all.

I stand and prepare to tell Cloud that I'm all right but I lose my voice instantly.

On his knees he cradles my limp body in his arms. While hands stroke my hair, eyes glare up at a solidified Genesis in utter hatred. Zack's wide eyes stare at me as he stumbles forward a few feet. Behind me Axel isn't as confused but ready to blast this guy to oblivion the first chance he gets. Kneeling beside his brother's frame, Zexion scans through his text as he is most likely preparing one of the toughest incantations of his life.

Where's an angel when you need one?

Axel darts around me and slams into Genesis, effectively knocking the sword from his hand and his back onto the ground. As they tumble and scuff each other up, I walk up in front of Cloud. All I want to do is put my arms around him and let him know that I've haven't left him...that I've kept my word.

"How dare you mortals think you can kill me?"

Horrified I watch a dark shroud cast over Zexion's features as he watches his beloved lie on his side coughing up blood. The glow of magic wearing off as Genesis unclenches his fist. A grin smears on his lips as he strides over next to me. I'm shoved aside with a force that could move a castle off it's mark.

"Ready to be mine Cloud?"

The blond spits at him, "You're nothing but a dog that needs to be put down."

With that he lifts me into his arms and jogs away from the red head. Before the demon can take a single breath Zack's spirit collides against him and halts him in his tracks. Glancing to Zexion I take a deep breath, "We'll keep him down, you just do the prayer."

The slate-haired man nods as words flow from his mouth. On the other hand, Zack is tossed to the side but quickly jumps back to his feet. Jogging over I grab ahold of the wrist still clutching the sword. Zack locks into place on the opposite side, rendering Genesis's arms useless at the moment. "Zex would you hurry please?"

Flames lick up from the floor and surround the three of us. Behind us, Axel keeps the fire burning as Zexion utters the last word. The explosion rattles me but I keep my fingers locked around Genesis. As a single form, the three of us drop to our knees in unison and pant from the power, the good power surging in the air, sucking energy away from Genesis. Clenching my eyes shut I wait for it all to clear.

Opening them I come to face slick black shoes and equally shaded pants folding over them. A white button up shirt hangs loosely around his form. Red hair, tied low, spills over his shoulder while some frames his cheeks that adorn red tattoo-looking slashes.

Genesis shrugs us off of him and glares at the man who takes a knee before us. "Y-You said they couldn't defeat me! You gave me this power so why can't I win?"

"You're incredibly dim, yo. I didn't give you that at all!" he says as he laughs lightly. "Only the big man can do stuff like that. You were destined to fail anyway. I set you up."

"Reno, why in the world must you gloat?" Out of thin air he appears. A man with slicked back, short blond hair and analyzing blue eyes. He wears a three piece pure white suit. Striding over to stand next to his apparent partner he sighs, "Let's just send him away and move on to the next poor soul."

Hands reach down and take hold of Genesis's weak form. The sword vanishes from sight. Before leaving Reno glances back at us. "I'll be right there Rufus just give me a sec. 'kay?"

"Whatever." and he disappears with the captive demon.

Rubbing the back of his neck he sighs, "Sorry about all this. Angel business, I'll send him to clean this up and make sure you all get to where you need to be."

With that he disappears in a flash of light to be replaced by Angeal shaking his mane, "What a mess that was made." The black haired man seems to float over to Riku and lift his spirit form up to his feet. "Now just lie down on your body and take a few deep breaths."

Riku does as he is told and within seconds he's sitting up as Sora embraces him with tears streaming down his cheeks. Next he moves to Axel with a worried Zexion supporting him, "We're impressed with your talents Axel. Keep using them correctly and you'll be a force to reckon with. Take it easy and the effects should wear off from his magic."

I'm picked up in his arms, "You're just as bad as Zack. Running in without thinking sometimes. But you have a good heart just like him. Take care of Cloud and one day we'll see you again."

Being lowered into my body I catch a glimpse of a grinning Zack as my sight is destroyed once again, lulling me into a calm slumber.