Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ The Battle Part 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well I thought since this will be possibly the chapter before last with 10 being the possibility of a prologue or an additional chapter, I would let you all know a few things if you haven't recognized it. Any ways, I tried to reference the games in here somewhat.
As in how Genesis is after Cloud at first. Then the Genesis, Angeal, and Sephy's relationships as I saw them in Crisis Core. Zack commenting on Angeal's beautiful wings and how he does indeed die trying to save Cloud. (that's how I took it in my fan girl-y-ness)
There's a few other things. But now that I might've got some of your minds working I won't tell anymore.
Thank you all for reading one of my most favorite stories to date to write!!! ^_^

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Ghost of Love
Chapter 9: The Battle Part 2

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Axel pulls the car to a stop just outside a warehouse and I get chills up my spine just at the sight of it. Just as we get out of the car I see the same two thugs out of the corner of my eye. Behind them is Genesis. I spin around to warn Axel but it doesn't matter to him.

I keep forgetting that he can see demons solidified and not simply see-through.

Zexion charges toward the entrance and I run behind him, hoping that if they get too close at least he can get inside. Axel takes out a human while the other charges at me at full speed. I stumble to the side, since my leg still feels pain, and throw my fist out at him causing his own bulk to be his downfall. Spinning around on the heels of my boots I turn my path back to the building.

Upon entering I'm thrown into shock. Sora is crouched beside a transparent Riku and Zack remains leaning against the wall as if he moved away from the support he would collapse. Zexion is already over to them as Axel skids to a halt next to me. "Genesis vanished on me. He's around here somewhere and he's stronger. If you're not careful he'll sap the energy right out of you."

"Is that what happened to Riku?"

"Yeah...I can still see Genesis' energy residue on him."

"I'm so glad that you all came! Now I can become more powerful than the demon that made me who I am!"

I dash forward awkwardly but he's already towering over Zexion, Sora, and Riku's spirit. Knowing full well that I won't make it in time doesn't mean I can't try my damnedest. Thank God for someone else being on top of the matter!

Zack launches himself at Genesis and knocks both of them to the ground. "Get out of here now!"

A wave of energy surges outward and sends everyone to their knees as Genesis towers triumphantly over an exhausted Zack. "No one is going anywhere so sit tight." Stepping around him he heads straight for Sora.

I ignore every fragment of realism as I hurry over to stand in front of everyone. Axel remains idle. He must be thinking of a plan. Which is good because Genesis is taking no interest in him.

Sora's grip tightens on my back of my clothing. He's scared. I'm scared. But bravery isn't about doing something easy and that you're not afraid of. It's about running head first into a battle you when you're scared shitless and want to tail it the other way.

"Are you giving your soul up to me Squall?"

"Go talk to a wall."

Crimson eyes narrow into thin slits as he reveals an equally crimson blade in his grasp. Sora's gasps behind me and tries to pull me away. Instead I peel his fingers from my sleeve and push him away. I step forward, preparing for the worst. Any other person that is ignorant of paranormal activities would laugh and mock Genesis...but I know it can do damage if he wants it to.

"Let's bargain Genesis."

"I'm listening."

"Take me and let them go. Isn't that why you're here, to get me."

Genesis nods in understanding and I know he's taking this deal seriously. With a final bob of his mane the tip comes to rest a mere inch before my heart. Smirking he pulls back and gets ready to plunge it through me as best as he can with being an entity without solid form. I close my eyes and pray that Axel finds out what he needs to do.

I'm knocked to the ground and I laid on my back. I feel like a disoriented turtle with no idea what in the world just happened. Axel stumbles to his feet beside my fallen frame. I follow his line of sight to see Genesis throwing his coat off to have it burn into nothingness.

"What did Axel do to Genesis?" Zack asks from his place on the floor.

Sora answers since I can't seem to find my voice. "It's a fire that can send anything into the darkest voids of hell...or a better example...purgatory....to wait for the judgement."

"You really are a monster aren't you? You'd make an excellent being to use so I can become more powerful!"

Axel zigzags forward with flames barely visible on his clenched fists. At the last second Genesis disappears from everyone's sight. "Squall!" comes the croak from Riku's spirit.

I swivel around only to have the wind knocked out of my lungs. With wide eyes I stare down at my chest and expect to see blood...I see nothing only a sword running through my heart with a hand holding it steady.

"Squall! No!"

All my emotions build up as my eyes connect with orbs filled with a sky that seems to be darkening over with sadness.

How...How can he know what's happening? He can't see...spirits.

Genesis yanks the broadsword away as I fall hard to the concrete. Panicked footsteps reach me but everything blurs white before I can he can get to me.