Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ The Battle Part 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 8: The Battle Part 1

A groggy Zexion answers the phone, "Hello? Who is this?"

Before I can say a word it switches hands and Axel yells into the speaker, "What the hell is wrong with you? It's three in the morning!" and the line goes dead.

Well...that went better than I thought.

I dial the number again and before either of them can speak I voice the event. "Genesis kidnapped Riku and Sora so shut the hell up and get over here now!"

I slam the phone back into the cradle and turn around. "Kidnapped?" Curious blue eyes stare at me.

"C-Cloud...I'm sorry I woke you."

"No it's okay. I'll go make some coffee."

Cloud slips out of bed and disappears down the stairs. Sighing I move to the closet and pull out some decent clothes. I just know I'll be leaving the second Zexion and Axel get here. If I'm ready then I can leave Cloud here so he doesn't get hurt.

The second I get seated at the table a knock comes to the door. Cloud hurries their knowing well about my injury. Thinking of it...it doesn't hurt at all. Axel takes the seat next to me while Zexion stands beside him sipping at the coffee. The red head groans as he lies his head on the table.

"Squall...what happened exactly?"

"Two men busted in and took Riku and Sora. Riku told me it was Genesis and to call Axel."

Zexion nods, "Then we're leaving right away. Axel begin a scope of the living room and follow the trail. Meet us in the car, Squall, let's go."

"What about me? Do I just sit here?" asks Cloud.

"You can't come. Obviously it is you that Genesis desires, dead or alive, and if you go you will only become a danger to yourself and us." Zexion states matter-of-fact.

Cloud collapses into a chair as we walk out and climb into the car. I occupy the back with Zexion as the passenger while we await for Axel to drive us to where Riku and Sora are.

The driver door slams and the car lurches forward into a high speed. Zexion turns wearily to Axel. "Would you slow it down, you're worse than Riku."

The speedometer drops down from 80 to 40 and Axel sighs. "Sorry. We need to get there quick. Depending on the powers he's gained depends on whether or not Riku can hold him off."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Genesis strides in with two thugs right behind him, each having a hold on a separate kid...Riku and Sora. Neither struggle and are placed beside me even though I know I can't help them, I turn to Sora. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine...just tired."

Genesis laughs, "It's alright. You won't be for long. I've decided to take yours first!"

"Zack what is he going to take?"

"Your soul, Sora."

Taking a deep breath Riku closes his eyes and his body slumps against the wall. Sora's wide eyes tell me what has happened. Riku's spirit appears in front of me, just as determined as ever, like he does this everyday.
"What do you think you're doing kid?"

"You'll die before you touch Sora!" Riku growls out.

Genesis only chuckles, "You're just making it easier for me. You can't do anything to stop me."

Riku darts forward and throws his fist into Genesis' jaw. The demon stumbles back, surprised at the quick action. Smirking he bounces on the balls of his feet before managing to hit Genesis in the gut. However, before he can hit him again Genesis catches his fists in his hands. "You're not going to make a fool of me."

A murky rust colored mist surrounds Genesis and continues to grow as an almost unseen light gray, that surrounds Riku, is enveloped. "Stop Genesis! What are you doing?"

"Give me a break Zack, you should know, just taking energy. That way he can't pull his spirit back into his body. Isn't that right boy?"

Moaning Riku droops to his knees and falls face down. My rage builds up inside of me but it is useless if I can't do a thing to stop this. I push myself to my feet and lean against the wall.

"Everything returns to it's rightful place, no need to get anxious like a little puppy."

I ignore the nickname that would usually have earned him a good smack. Sora turns worried eyes to me, "It's okay Zack don't waste your energy you need it. Squall will be here soon I know it."

Genesis kneels in front of Sora, "Is that so? I'm glad that now I don't have to go get him." He stands back up and disappears from both our sights while the thugs walk out of the building.

I have a feeling that they'll be back.

Sora moves away from the wall to crouch alongside Riku's translucent form. "R-Riku...Riku are you okay?"A muffled groan escapes his lips. Sora reaches out to stroke his hair only to have his hand go straight through to graze the concrete.

"I'm sorry Sora. If I wasn't so drained..."

Why the hell am I making excuses for myself. This kid's life is in danger and I'm not helping!

"It's okay Zack. Squall will be here and so will Axel."

"What's his story exactly anyway?"

"Well Axel's mom had just married this guy and apparently he had made a deal with a demon that had sworn to kill him since he had played around in ritualistic stuff. Well the demon came to collect earlier than planned and killed him with her watching. The demon found her and raped her. She died a few years back and left the family fortune to Axel."

"Did he ever find the demon that did that?"

"I don't think that he did since his Mother couldn't say the demons name. One not to attract his attention and two as to not give it more power." Sora immediately face palms and groans.

"You've been saying his name haven't you?"

Sora nods and clarifies the thing I now wish he hadn't. I only hope they don't come. I'd rather try to get these two out so only I suffer.