Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Close Call ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 7: Close Call

Genesis appears before me once more and I can't help but feel an uncontrollable loathing to him. At the same time I want nothing more than to help this poor soul take the right path and get off his misdirected one. Unfortunately that type of thing doesn't work for everyone. Catching the smug Cheshire-cat grin on countenance I let possibilities run through my mind. "What did you do?"

"Just made a small accident a few blocks away. Now those kiddies will leave us be while I work out the rest of the bugs in my plan."

"Genesis tell me what you did!"

"Motorcycles are dangerous, especially when you aren't wearing any safety gear."

With desperate ocean eyes I peer at him, "I want to help you Genesis. But you have to let me and work at it! Don't turn into a monster!"

His face falls and he considers my offer for a split second. It doesn't phase him as much as I had hoped.
I yelp in pain as I lie down on the floor. The newbie demon crouches down beside me. "Stop your lies Zack. It's no use, they effect me none. I will have Squall, Cloud, and your soul. There's nothing that can stop me now!"

Refusing to whimper or lose hope I stare him down before he vanishes once more.

There's no way that I can stop Genesis...they can...I can't. I only pray that they make it out of this mess alive. I don't want anymore people risking their lives.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Cracking my eyes open I realize that I'm lying in a sterilized hospital room and I wonder where everyone else is. At that thought the door bursts open and Sora runs over to me. He stops and looks down at me with tears rolling down his cheeks. Something must be wrong with me because normally I'd receive a large and tight bear hug by now.

"Sora what's wrong?"

"They called and said you'd be awake soon so we hurried over. Riku, Axel, and Zexion are coming. I squeezed into the first elevator. I'm so glad you're okay! Wait you are okay aren't you?"

"I feel alright. Why what's wrong with me?"

Zexion walks up beside Sora who takes the seat by my bed. "We didn't wait too long. I suspected this might happen. You were technically dead for about two minutes. While Axel tried to get you psychically back, I confronted this demon. Does Genesis ring a bell?"

"Yes...I know it was him. He tried to keep me away from Cloud."

Axel shoves Zexion to the side. "Oh give it a rest. Now let's see you've got...claw marks on your neck, a slight concussion, a sprained ankle, and a bloodied lip. But I want to know where the claw marks came from."

Embarrassed I cast my eyes to the sheet I twist between my fingers. "I tried to get him to let go. They can touch us but we can't touch them."

Axel laughs, "Of all the people I know, I didn't think you'd be the one to forget that piece of information." Rolling my eyes he peers over his shoulder and grabs Zexion by the collar. "Let's go Zexy, they need time alone."

The slate haired male merely lets himself be dragged out as Cloud steps forward. Sora smiles nonetheless and gets up. "I've got to go meet Riku but I'll be right back, okay Squall?"

The younger leaves and Cloud inches forward as the door shuts with a inaudible click. "What's wrong Cloud?" He fidgets a little...probably not sure what to think...then finally he comes and sits on the edge of the bed. I scoot over a hair for him to sit more comfortably. That's when I notice that I have no machines in this infernal room, not even an IV sticks into my veins. Pushing those simple facts to the back of my mind I focus solely on Cloud. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?"

"It was Genesis wasn't it?"

"Yes, I was on my way to an abandoned place on the east side of town."

"But...how did he do this to you?" Fingertips trail over the deep scratches in my neck.

"Well technically he did nothing but scare me and try to choke me. I took a bad turn and slide straight into some garbage cans. He tried to choke me and I tried to pull his hands away. As I'm sure even you know, we can't touch spirits so all I did was hurt myself."

"This is all my fault."

Furrowing my brow I grab ahold of the hand running along my throat. "It is not! We're going to fix this. The only person at fault here is Genesis for being so easily manipulated by pure evil."

Cloud folds down onto the bed and lies next to me, "I don't like you getting hurt."

"My motorcycle's totaled so I'll be okay for now."

"The doctor's said that Zexion told them you were dead for a few minutes. I don't like the thought of that. Promise me you'll stay safe."

"Cloud...that's something I can't promise you." A sorrowful sigh flutters over my shirt and I let a frown cross over onto my face. I pull him closer to me and plant a gentle peck onto his mane of flaxen spikes. "I'll do my best. There's no way I would leave you...no way I could cause you that pain again." I receive a thousand-watt smile that could light the darkest corners of Hell. "So when do I get out of here?"

"I was informed that I could take you home now. So...if you're ready to go we can."

"I'm very much ready to leave but as you know I've got no-"

"You're coming with me so I can take care of you."

Nodding I let Cloud leave to go get everything situated. Not long after he had left does he return with the doctor. I'm granted permission to leave and Cloud graciously pays my bill which I begged him not to do. But seeing as I'd probably end up working here till I pay it off...I went along and let him do it. Once to Cloud's house he informed everyone that they could stay over if they wanted. Axel and Zexion declined saying that they had work to do on the case. Sora prodded Riku to sleep over with him so that they could stay together. Now nearing night Sora and Riku lay curled up on the couch asleep in front of a blank television that we turned off. Cloud smiles at me and follows me up the stairs. I walk to the room I had slept in last time I was here but a hand grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?" I follow Cloud to his room...him and Zack's room. Stepping inside I feel like an intruder. I shake off the feeling as Cloud heads straight to the closet. "I left your bag in the other room...but promise...you'll come back."

"Promise."

I wonder if all this ghost business is really getting to him. I'd hate to scare him straight into a mental ward. People these days just don't understand. Then again they never have to begin with. Only those that have had such experiences.

I dress into a pair of sweat pants and a T-shirt before carrying my sack of clothes back into the other room. Cloud sits at the edge of the bed waiting for me with a worried expression carved into his features. I take the spot next to him and slip an arm around him.
"What's wrong Cloud?"

"I'm...you don't have to stay in here if you don't want to."

I chuckle lightly at him. He seems to lighten everything up in my dark world. I don't think I've ever smiled this much. Pecking his cheek I rest my head on his shoulder. "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else."

His silent appreciation is all I need to know that he loves me. We were destined. Everything is. No matter how long it lasts.

I stand and move to lie down on a side of the bed. Cloud follows suit and crawls up beside me. Flopping down on top of me he grins sincerely before placing a kiss on my neck. Nipping at the soft skin I let a moan escape me. The second he peels off my tee I entangle my fingers in his spikes. Love sparks between us as Cloud leaves a trail of feather kisses down to the lining of my pants. Passion filled aqua eyes stare right into me and I nod shakily. Fingers pull at the hem and discard the article of clothing to the floor. Cloud sits up on my lap resting his hands on the tab of my boxers as I rest mine on his. Actions become a blur as instinct kicks in.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

I jolt up in bed from the crash heard on the second floor. Cloud sleeps still beside me and I glance at the clock. 3:00 AM....Dead Time. A time when spirits, ghosts, and other such entities are at peak activity. I slip out from under the sheets and pull on my sweats. Stepping lightly I slip down the stairs just in time to hear Sora shout weakly.

"Get off him!"

Two thugs below are on the move. One has a hold of Sora while the other is battling it off against Riku. The second me feet hit the landing I'm frozen to the spot. Riku yells at me from his battle with the large cloaked man. "He's here! Go call Axel now! I can handle them."

Debating I end up losing and follow on his directions. I sprint back up the stairs the best that I can and pick up the phone. As it rings I glance out the window to hear the squealing of tires and a hidden vehicle speeding away into the night.