Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Tracker ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 6: Tracker

Groaning I attempt to lift my head from the dusty floor but it does me no good. Glancing around I take note that I have absolutely no idea where I am. No doubt Genesis will be back within a few moments. I push myself up against the grimy wall and take in shaky breaths.

What in the world did he do to make me so weak?

At the mere thought of the now horrid demon he appears in front of me. His attire of leather pants, black shirt, and red trench coat remains the same as he kneels in front of me. Taking my chin in his hand he grins maniacally. "Revenge is sweet when gifted by other far powerful entities. I'm not going to kill you though and take you to hell with me...no not yet...not until I kill that boy."

"Who are you talking about?"

"That psychic and once I got him, I'll take all of us to where we should rest." Genesis leans in closer so that his hot breath tickles my ear. "It's a shame Zack, you are such a beautiful creature, why don't you join my side?"

"I don't think so." I spit out at him as I shove my arms against him. Unlike every other time I had done this...he doesn't budge, just stays rooted to the spot.

A heavy sigh escapes his lips, "That's too bad. Maybe I can change your mind by the time I have completed this plan."

Genesis stands back upright and takes a long look at me. A look that gives one the impression that you're being stared into. A look that you know someone is seeing everything.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I walk Cloud back to where I had parked my motorcycle. "Do you need a ride home?"

"Um, is that your ride?"

"Yeah is something wrong?"

"I...No, thank you I would like a ride."

Shrugging it off I save that to ponder about later. I take my seat in the front and Cloud slips on behind me. Sticking the key into the ignition, it starts up with ease the second I twist it on. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah..."

I kick the stand and back up before swinging out onto the street. Cloud instantly buries his head into my back and wraps his arms tightly around my waist. Each time I take a corner, Cloud's grip on me tightens. A car sits in the long winding driveway leading to the garage. I stop at the curb and help Cloud off. His normally ashen face is paler than normal.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"We...Zack and I...were on a motorcycle the night we got hit."

"I'm sorry I didn't know. I wouldn't have let you even get near-"

Cloud encircles me in an embrace causing me to shut up. I dip my face into his spikes and breath him in. Balling his fists into my shirt he gazes up at me with those endless pools of cerulean. All possible known words melt from my brain as butterflies make my stomach turn. Everything that I've wanted to admit to this man refuse to form into coherent sentences. Instead I tilt my head down to make that last inch between us vanish. His lips as soft as rose petals mold against my mouth and arms that previously were around my waist move to my neck. I trail ghostly kisses along his slim neck. Positions switch as Cloud nibbles at the sensitive spots on the side of my throat.

"Ahem...?" comes the cough from behind us.

A blush spreads over Cloud's cheeks and up to his ears as we face Sephiroth and his date apparently. The man hanging close to his side and his hand intertwined with his own has a shock of long dark brown-black tresses partly held back by a maroon cloth. Dressed in a black suit with an equally red tie he appears more complicated than Sephiroth. "Hey Sephy, Vinny, what're you doing here?"

Vincent lifts a thin black eyebrow, "Wondering what was taking you so long...only to find you out having fun."

Cloud's face darkens with another shade at the comment. I place a light peck on his cheek and flash a petite smile before swinging a leg over the bike. As I settle on the blond tugs viciously at my sleeve. "Will you come back tomorrow?"

I let all the walls around me crumble into pieces, "Can't keep me away."

Grinning, Cloud leads his friends back inside his now empty home. Before I start the engine my cell rings. Flipping it open I catch Zexion's name flashing. I click accept. "Yo, Zexy what's new?"

"Axel's got a lead on the demon he's been tracking. Apparently it's someone who's not too happy with Zack when he was alive and dead. We're on the far east at an abandoned warehouse. We'll be waiting on you."

"I'll be right there."

"Oh and Squall..."

"Yes?"

"Never mind, I'll fill you in when you get here."

The line goes dead and I replace the phone into my pocket. I grasp the handles and rev the engine. In no particular hurry I slide through the alleys. Nearing the uninhabited east side of city the hair on the back of my neck stands on end. Chills ripple through me, even with my jacket zipped up and no cold intense rushes of wind gush at me. Casting my eyes down at my stomach I catch sight of an arm clad in crimson leather hooked around it.

Throwing my eyes back to the road I skid out of the path of a stripped down vehicle. Warm sticky breath grazes over my ear, "This happened because of you."

I shake the feeling off as I catch a glimpse of red-wine colored locks. My heartbeat pounds in my ears as I struggle to remember what Mom taught me to do. With no success I remain blank as I make my way down the curving roads, the only thing guiding me is the drawing sensation of intuition.

Tires squeal as I dart away from a towering brick building. However, the tires don't catch and I slam right into a pile of void, vandalized metal garbage cans.

Groaning noisily I shove one away. I should've worn my helmet. Propping myself up I notice a shrouded figure looming over me. Squinting hard the image comes into view. The evil being crouches down and latches his fingers around my neck.

I claw at the hands that are invisible to everyone but people like me. My nails rake over my own flesh even though no air comes into my lunges. Spots hover in and out of my vision, blocking out any recognition of the person. Whoever says that spirits can't hurt you is a lie.

Just as the darkness creeps into the corners of my eyesight I catch the hint of the last person I wanted to see...