Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Is it Over ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 5: Is it Over?

I had done as Sephiroth had said. I followed a good ways behind him to let his good mood stay in place. Appearently this Riku is fairly rich because we only went a couple of blocks and the families through here are loaded. Turning sharply into a curving paved driveway, Squall knocks on the door. Close to an expert in his craft, he snaps around to face me. Striding up to him, I smile. "It's all okay now. I can't wait till this is all fixed up."

Misty blue eyes narrow at me without losing a beat, "Is that all Cloud means to you? Is he just your ticket to heaven?"

"No, I didn't mean it that way."

The door flies open to reveal the same brunet I had seen earlier this week. "Hey Squall, who's your friend?"

"There's no one with me." the sensitive says with steel in his voice.

I gape at the older brunet in shock, "Are you serious? If you saw those majestic wings and had felt that clensing light, you'd be ready to leave too!"

Sora smiles up at me, "Don't worry about it, Squall's just in love."

Heat rises to his cheeks as he glowers down at his little brother. "Why'd you go and say that?"

"Because you were mean. Zack is a spirit that needs to leave soon. It's only homesickness."

Sighing, Squall slowly turns to me, "I am sorry Zack. I just don't want him hurt."

Grinning, I walk straight through them both and into the towering home. "No problem...now I'm ready to meet the host. I want to make sure that this punk is suitable for Sora."

Smirking from ear to ear, Squall drags a blushing Sora up the stairs as I let them lead me. Lounging on the large bed in the equally massive bedroom is a long lunar haired male with bright aquamarine eyes. Peering through his bangs he seems to stare right at me. "Can he see me?"

Sora giggles nervously, "Well um kind of. Why don't you explain it to him Riku."

Said boy stands up from his position on the bed. "If i try hard enough I can see you. But all I can do is feel entities, not communicate with them. It helps when we practice with minor cases."

"Cases?"

Squall nods proudly. "I'm training Sora and Riku's brother is training him. We help those that are being tormented by spirits that can't move on or evils that refuse to. However, none of us are actually old enough to be taken seriously. Well except Zexion and Axel."

"Okay...that's neat. So you investigate paranormal activity? I can believe that."

Riku smirks at Squall. "So are you going tomorrow?"

"Yes."

"Then I can only request that we be nearby to keep an eye on Zack." says a voice that I don't know. Turning around I lay eyes on a twenty-one year old that looks seventeen. His left hazy blue eye is visible while the other hides behind a veil of slate colored tresses. He introduces himself to me, "My name is Zexion. If everything goes according to plan, you will be out of here in no time. I can only imagine how weak you are becoming."

Now that he mentions it, I have felt a little...drained. Just being here as a spirit without a body is growing difficult. But what happens if I don't leave? Could that really happen to me?"

For the rest of the night, I stayed within range of one of these gifted people. As I learned, Zexion has the same power as Riku except it is more evolved. Zexion is currently teaching Riku the technique of astral projection which is how they confront stubborn harmless entities. At the mention of that I got sick to my stomach with worry. Although, Sora reassured me that its only been needed once and nobody was injured. As I spoke with them I learnred that indeed Riku is a good match for Sora. With that said, I was informed that Axel and Zexion are dating. They wouldn't tell me much about this Axel guy, except that he's extremely gifted beyond what they can do. Whatever this twenty-three year old can do, it must be amazing.

I got onto Squall's motorcycle while the others rode with Zexion in his volvo. Axel hadn't come because he had other matters to attend to. That and it wasn't necessarily urgent either. Since the funeral is a private one, they'll wait outside while Squall and I go in. Sephiroth had put Squall's name on the list so there was no trouble in entering. Especially since the service is just about over. The brunet proceeds to run over to where a small group of people stand.

I know each and every one of them. Cloud is directly in front of us while, going clockwise, I think of each of their names; Sephiroth, Vincent, Reno, Rufus, Yuffie, and Tifa. All my friends...From what I can tell, Reno and Rufus are still together and Vincent must be dating Sephiroth. All is as it should be. Just without me being apart of it.

They all turn to the young sensitive in synchronized timing. Reno raises a red eyebrow, "Yo, who are you?" Cloud backs up slightly but Sephiroth stops him with a firm hand on his shoulder.

"I'm an old friend of Cloud's."

Sephiroth shoots everyone a look before making everyone leave after him. Cloud casts his gaze to the side.

"My gift is the real thing. But what's even more real is how much I love you."

Cloud's head snaps back to attention, "You mean that?"

Squall nods firmly, "Of course. I do understand that you just lost your husband and the last thing I want to do is overwhelm you."

Cloud says nothing, only wraps his arms around the brunet. Smiling at the site, I turn away and begin walking.

I'm not sure where I'm going but so far I'm headed toward the exit. A presence from behind makes me stop in my tracks. Maybe Angeal's ready to take me home.

Expecting my old friend, I find myself highly disappointed. A smirk adorns the red head's lips. Growling I take a precautious step backward. "How can you see me Genesis? What do you want?"

"Nothing really, just your soul."

I can't help but laugh at the overused line, "Are you dead?"

A slick onyx boot slips closer to me, "Oh no Zack, I'm a demon ready to exact my revenge."

My eyes widen as his arm lifts up into the air between us. Without time to react a ball of sparking maroon energy propells toward me. As i fall back I'm only vaguely aware of Genesis catching me in his arms.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I quickly recover from my surprise and encircle my arms around Cloud's back. Vibrant azure eyes gaze up at me, "I love you too Squall...but...has Zack...moved on?"

As I smile I mentally search for any hint of Zack's presence. I prepare to tell Cloud that from my knowledge, he has, when Sora bounds over to us.

"Squall, Squall something's wrong!"

Cloud steps back as I focus on Sora. "Calm down and talk slowly."

He takes a deep breath, "Zack, something is not right. Zexion already called for Axel to hurry over immediately."

Cloud's eyes match Sora's, with the uncontained panic. For the next ten minutes I pace back and forth along the thing paved road. Cloud and Sora lounge by Zack's head marker talking about his heroic efforts. Excess sand is thrown up around me, shrouding the source of the cause. As it dies back down to the ground I spot a blazing black and wine red motorcycle. Long legs clad in dull black leather extend and stand beside the thin motorbike. A long sleeved equally black shirt sits on his chest as a maroon vest sits over it. A pale hand runs through windswept long crimson spikes. My clouded ocean orbs connect with shining emeralds. A reverse dark violet teardrop lies under each shapely eye.

"It's about time you got here, Axel."

He only snorts, "Sure whatever you say Squall. Now what do we have here?"

Glancing over my shoulder I notice Sora and Cloud walking over to me. Just as I go to respond, Zexion's volvo pulls up behind Axel. Riku and Zexion hurry out and over to us. Rolling my eyes I begin to point at each in turn, allowing Cloud to know each of their names. "The freak that showed up on the bike is Axel, the short one is Axel's boyfriend Zexion, and that's Zexion's brother and Sora's boyfriend, Riku. Everyone...this is Cloud."

Cloud exchanges a curt nod to each of them in turn. "So what's going to happen now?"

Axel scoffs, "Geez Squall you could've atleast gotten someone who knows about this sort of thing. First off I'm going to detect Zack's trail of energy and find out where it stops. Then I'll find out what's gotten ahold of him."

As everyone starts walking behind Axel, Cloud tugs me to stop. "I don't get it what is he?"

"Axel's been trained basically to sniff out demonic and angelic pressures that were or are here. Mostly because he's the product of a bad situation."

"What happened?"

"His mother was raped by a demon and she gave birth to Axel. He's just like any other regular person except he's got supernatural powers over fire." Not wanting to say anymore, I pull Cloud along to see if anything's been discovered yet.

The second we finally catch up to them Axel throws his arms out, haulting everyone's movements. Crouching down he takes a deep breath. "I'd hate to say it guys but...Zack's been taken by a newly formed demon so I'm not sure of the name."

Next to me, Cloud begins to panic, "Well is there anyway that you can get him back?"

"No. Not until we know where this demon is. Then we can only hope that he has enough energy left in him."