Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ G.h.o.s.t. O.f. L.o.v.e. ❯ Determination ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ghost of Love
Chapter 4: Determination

I want to scream. I want to hit something-no-someone. I want to fix this. I want Cloud safe.

Genesis turns back to Cloud with an impish grin plastered on his countenance. "I think you need to leave Genesis." Cloud says as he backs up to the edge of the staircase.

"What if that kid comes back? I need to protect you." he states calmly as he advances toward Cloud just as confident as always.

"Stay away from me!" yells the blonde as he sprints up the stairs. Genesis doesn't heed his words, but only keeps at Cloud's heels. Preparing to slam the bedroom door in Genesis's face, Cloud panics. "If you don't leave I'm calling Sephiroth and don't think I won't."

Sephiroth still continues to be a captain at the police department. We always worked together on cases. I wish I could call him...wait...

I pass through the wall and Genesis on my way down the stairs. More determined than my whole time here, I unlock the front door. Jogging back up to the second floor I hear Cloud scream and a crash following it. Inside the room, Cloud lies on the bed underneath Genesis while tears cascading down his cheeks and blood, from his bottom lip, down his chin.

I glide over to the phone cradle and punch in Sephiroth's official police cell-phone number. I click the speaker button when I'm sure he's waiting on Cloud to say something, since he knows the house number.

"Come on Cloud yell something else before Sephiroth says something."

"Get off me now, Genesis!"

Quickly I punch my finger onto the end button, cutting the call off. On the other hand, Genesis continues to work on the troublesome belt holding Cloud's pants up. While the red head holds Cloud's hands over his head, the blonde kicks his legs into the air. It doesn't matter though, Genesis is much stronger than my dear beloved blonde. All I can do is watch and pray that the silver haired ruthless man gets here soon.

He must have already been near here because it only takes a matter of five minutes. By that time Genesis had only managed to pull Cloud's jeans off and turn him onto his stomach. He had also stripped himself of his own red cloak and had undone his tight black jeans.

The front door busts open and bangs against the wall as I listen to Sephiroth charge up the stairs like an angry mother bear. Sephiroth's exterior is always cold and critical in contrast to his soft and warm interior. When I had first introduced him to Cloud he began gradually protective of the petite blonde just like I had been.

Heavy footfalls run up the stairs giving Genesis only a warning and time to get off of Cloud when the door flies open. Furious green-blue eyes glare daggers at the culprit.

"Leave now Genesis. If I ever catch you near Cloud again, I'll make sure that your life is hell." growls Sephiroth.

Not scared on the outside, Genesis only smirks, "What makes you think that he wasn't enjoying it? "

"The fact that I got a call with him screaming at you."

Dumb-founded, the red head grabs his coat and rushes past Sephiroth in a cloud of fury. That is while Sephiroth moves over to the bed and sits down on the side. Cloud turns over and sits up allowing Sephiroth to wrap his arms securly around the frail frame. In response to the safety, Cloud grips onto Sephiroth's navy blue shirt and cries effortlessly.

He must have not been on duty when I had called his number. That would explain why he let Genesis go. Sephiroth didn't want to deal with it right now. He had a more important task at hand and that was to watch over Cloud.

The lunar haired male gently pushes Cloud back down to the bed and stands. "I'll be right back. I'm going to go get you some water."

Naturally I follow him to the kitchen after a fleeting glance at my weeping widow. Striding over to the threshold, Sephiroth shuts and locks the door before continueing on his way. Filling the glass half-way up and dumping a few icecubes into the clear liquid a knock echoes off of the oak door. Sighing, my lonely friend moves back to the door to shoo away any visitors. Opening it, I let a smile grow and I wait for him to say something.

"I...is Cloud okay?"

"Who are you?" asks the bored voice of the off-duty officer.

"I'm an old friend. The name's Squall."

"Well Squall you need-"

I grab Sephiroth's arm and stare hard up at him. "Don't even think about saying that! Cloud needs to see him Sephiroth!"

Sephiroth shakes his head and I know that he heard me. I let go of him and he moves his hand to cradle his face.

Cautiously, the brunet approaches the subject once more. "Are you...Sephy?"

His head snaps up at the nickname Angeal had given him. Cloud and I quickly grew accustomed to saying it when he grew difficult to reason with. But how did Squall know that? I never said anything about the alternate alias.

"How do you know that name?"

A little shaken but still determined, he speaks the truth. "Angeal just told it to me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Angeal said "I'm sorry I let Genesis come between us. I always loved you and I'm proud that now you're taking care of Cloud.""

That's when it hits me. I glance around the doorframe and catch sight of my angelic friend with his elegant snow white wings hanging at his sides. Angeal smiles at me.

"I don't believe you."

"I can prove that I'm not lying. I can tell you something that only the two of you know."

Sephiroth gives in, "Fine but only one try."

Squall glances breifly over his shoulder before turning back to the distressed living man. "For your birthday, Angeal took you out of Midgar and to a resort called Sweet Life. For his first present he gave you silver necklace with a silver Banora Apple charm. As a second present he told you for the first time that he loved you."

Silence falls between the two living humans while I stand at Sephiroth's side watching his features turn to surprise, hurt, and passion all at the same time.

"Am I wrong?"

Sephiroth shakes his head, "No...you're exactly right. You must be a sensitive, is that why you're here?"

Squall flashes a bittersweet smile. "I wanted to tell Cloud but Genesis forced me to leave. I just...Angeal found me and told me to come here. Please tell me Cloud's okay."

"Genesis sexually harassed him but he's fine now. But I can't let you see him now. It would be too much."

The teen bows his head. "I understand, I don't want to overwhelm him."

"Come to the funeral, I'll make sure your name is on the list. It's at 9:30 a.m. Be there around ten when it's over and we're leaving. It'll be the best time, trust me."

Nodding, Squall waves at Sephiroth as he runs down the street, disappearing from sight. Silent tears trail down Sephiroth's face as he speaks to the invisible Angeal. "I love you too." Turning to his side he smirks, "And you're a pest even when you're dead Zack. Now go check on that kid I'll keep Cloud safe."

Without another word he delicately wipes at his eyes and shuts the door for the second time. He travels back to Cloud's room and I go outside. Angeal pulls me into a hug. "You're doing wonderful Zack. You've grown so much, just as we predicted."

"Aw that's man. But why are you here?"

"I had my own mission to accomplish. Since I did...I gained my wings."

"You had to connect with him again, that was it wasn't it?"

"Yes, Sephiroth needs to start healing and the only way to begin was to hear from me. I'm just glad that you've both worked with sensitives while in the police force or that would have been a very brutal site indeed."

I laugh, "Yeah...so do you have to leave now?"

He only nods before stepping back and beginning to vanish even from my site. "Stay strong just like the little puppy you are. It'll be over soon."

Gazing up at the slowly darkening sky I can't help but be envious. "I want...wings too."