Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Answers ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own anything except for the idea.
 
Riku had given me some clothes to change into. So I did. I changed out of my blue jeans and red tee and into black jeans and a deep red t-shirt. He had given me a black trench coat but I decided to keep that off. Now ignoring the hunger that conjures up fires throughout my body, I walk back into the room. “So Riku, I want answers. What's going on? Who's the Society?” Tell me how I can go home.” I demand.
 
Riku just sits there on the bed reading a piece of paper. Angered at the empty response I stomp over to Riku and with a speed a human cannot express; I snatch the paper from his hand. Superiority and arrogance flush into my emotions before I see it throwing everything in my mind into turmoil. By snatching away the paper I had left a cut along Riku's palm. The ruby red blood wells up and I feel a sharp but distinct pain in my mouth. I fall to my knees; trying to resist the urge to pull his palm to my lips. I never studied vampires in the Alive World but I know this sensation…thirst.
 
In the blink of an eye Riku kneels down in front of me holding his hand out to me. “Take some…but not too much though. Or else I'll slap you.” He puts his bloody hand to my lips. Hungrily I lap up the precious blood and almost instantly the burning dies down, if not completely than at least below worry level. “You may feel slightly woozy now but don't worry, it will pass.” Riku reassures me.
 
Riku pulls his palm away and wraps a black satin ribbon around the cut, causing the blood to disappear from my view but not my sight. As he helps me stand my vision goes hazy and I could have sworn blackness rested around his lean frame.
 
“Axel, why are you staring?” he asks with slight worry in his voice. But it could always be fake, I've gotten use to fake sympathy.
 
“I saw…nothing, forget it.”
 
“If you say so.” he shrugs and grabs a hold of my wrist once more. Now facing two staircases Riku turns back to me. “Okay I need you to go up and get Cloud and Squall. Just go up the stairs, there's only one room. Tell them it's time.”
 
My brain registers the command but before I can ask `time for what?', Riku's already up the other set of stairs. With a sigh I begin up the stairs in search for the two.
 
Standing in front of the only door I decide to knock and wait for an answer so Cloud doesn't murder me. Even if I first met him I could tell that the guy likes his privacy. So I knock loudly and obnoxiously hoping they'll hurry, but I receive no response afterward. Cautiously I open the door and immediately slam it back shut. I take a couple deep breaths, calming myself, but the image of Squall sitting on a shirtless Cloud's lap, sucking metallic blood from a small cut on Cloud's torso floats back into my mind.
 
I don't know why I'm shocked; I did the same thing with Riku only a couple of minutes ago. It's the fact that they seemed to be enjoying it as a form of romance. Unlike mine which was a burning desire and need. But I could never imagine Riku and I in that similar position. Sure I'm gay, as they call it now, but he seems straight as a board. He's handsome but he would be too good for me anyway.
 
The door opens and I immediately move so that I stand at the top of the stairs. Cloud steps out of the room, pulling a blushing Squall with him. “What is it?” Cloud asks me, as if I had seen nothing.
 
“Riku said that it's time, whatever that means.”
 
With a sigh Cloud glides down the stairs with Squall behind him, following me back to the main room. Already down and waiting are Riku, Ienzo, and Myde. Riku moves forward, “Okay we're going to meet with the Society. Hopefully things won't get too bloody. I want Myde and Squall with me. Cloud, you'll stay back and protect Ienzo and Axel. If Xehanort refuses to cooperate then, Ienzo, you are to take Axel and hightail it. Understood?” Everyone nods, except me. But either they don't notice or they don't care because we file out the door.
 
I stood back with Cloud and Ienzo. I wish someone would tell me what's going on. As I look at the other three in the twilight I notice that my eyesight is perfect even with the coming of night. Nine figures seem to materialize out of no where, all wearing blood red cloaks. Six mystery figures hand back, allowing the other three to come face to face with Riku, Squall, and Myde. The first to remove his hood must be the leader because the others follow his lead.
 
Ienzo glances up at me, a grim smile on his face. “The one on the left is Ralene, on the right is Aeleus, and he's Xehanort.”
 
Ralene stands with her arms crossed, glaring death with her green eyes. Her golden hair falls short, cut like a male's, while two strands fall down the side of her face. Ralene strangely reminds me of Larxene. That is while Aeleus reminds me of Lexaeus. His wavy short hair mixes between auburn and maroon and his gaze hardens with one look at me. I cringe slightly from the brute's gaze. Xehanort is almost a twin of Xemnas; long silver hair, piercing crimson eyes, and deep tanned skin.
 
Ienzo laughs lightly. “Don't worry Axel. Aeleus is a regular vampire, he's just unemotional. Ralene is an elemental, lightning. Xehanort can take light and use it as blades.”
 
I look down at him, “So then what can you and Cloud do?”
 
Cloud smirks, “Telekinesis, I can move and deform objects. But that takes to long so I just fight.”
 
“I can sense when people are coming or if they draw weapons, along with casting spells. Don't like dirtying my own hands. That's why I'm back here and my Giver, Myde, is up there.”
 
The wheels in my brain slowly begin to turn. “So then Squall is your Giver, and mine is Riku.”
 
“No, I'm a Giver. I rescued Squall but…he's angelic. He has to protect Riku, our leader.”
 
Ienzo nods sternly, “A Giver is the vampire that rescues you. It becomes very hard for a vampire to deny the Giver anything unless one is strong minded. That's why most end up becoming romantic relationships. Xehanort controls the others that way. He's powerful but Riku is stronger.” explains Ienzo.
 
I feel myself straighten as I listen to the conversation ahead. Riku keeps his tone low, “This is our turf, and we were here first. If you leave then we'll back down. But the others here are suffering and we will protect them.”
 
Xehanort's crimson eyes narrow and he laughs, making his long silvered hair sway. “My dear Riku…how could you treat me like this after all we've been through? Was I not the perfect Giver to you?”
 
“Last chance you vile creature.” Riku growls out.
 
A blade of red light forms in each of Xehanort's hands. Ralene pulls out needles that seem to spark with electricity, and Aeleus brings forth an oversized tomahawk into his hand. Cloud steps in front of Ienzo and I with a giant sword in his hand. “They're going to attack aren't they Ienzo?” Cloud asks over his shoulder. Ienzo mumbles a yes back.
 
I look back toward the others to see their weapons. Myde holds a baby blue sitar by the neck. Squall loosely grips onto the handle of a sword that portrays the appearance of a gun by its hilt and chamber. Lastly, Riku holds onto a red and blue sword; that handle is made up of a bat wing and an angel wing while at the end of the blade there's one more wing that appears to be the color of his hair. His sword resembles maybe a thing called a Keyblade, but that's my guess.
 
Ienzo nudges me with his elbow. “It's called a Gunblade. Only Squall can wield it. A Gunblade is a supernatural weapon that can shoot holy light at an enemy. Depending on the enemy the damage can range from a light bruise to instant death.”
 
Cloud glances back, “Cast a protection spell so you both can get out of here if needed.”
 
Beside me Ienzo chants in a language that confuses me so I turn my attention back to the potential fight. As he finishes I feel my skin tingle and Ienzo sighs, “The spell should be strong enough to protect till we're out of range buts that's it.”
 
Cloud nods slightly and moves to stand in front of me directly. I allow myself to blink and in that moment Xehanort had moved forward and grabbed Riku by his neck and squeezed tight.
 
When people, humans, think of vampires they think of these creatures that seem to be carved from stone. That they are abnormally gorgeous, strong, fast, cold (as in temperature), and don't need air. In actual reality we are all those except that in fact we do need air just as mush as we need blood. One could think that we vampires are merely humans that need more than just oxygen.
 
That's why when Xehanort dropped the lunar haired vampire to the ground his weapon vanished and he struggled to breath. Aeleus goes in for Squall and Ralene goes for Myde, attempting to keep them busy and away from Riku long enough to be killed. Even I know that if any extra helper steps in, then the gang disobeys the rules and the other gang members are permitted to all join. But I wasn't in the mood for caring either. The elder silvered man threw his foot into Riku's stomach. As he glowered down at my Giver he smiles, “Well Riku I could always take you back. I'll be your Giver till I die…and I don't plan on it any time soon.”
 
I think that's when I lost it. I push Cloud aside and he stumbles, but that's only because I caught him slightly off guard. The next thing I know I pick Riku up in my arms, cradling him against me. Riku must have fallen unconscious for the moment for I'm sure he would have protested. I narrow my eyes at the man, “Don't touch him.”
 
Xehanort throws his head back and laughs, “How do you plan on stopping me? I can tell from your posture that you don't even know your abilities yet. Riku is as good as mine, again.” The red blades of light come into Xehanort's hands once more and he points them straight at me.
 
“Is that what you believe, Xehanort?” I walk backwards and place Riku down gently. As I stand back up his hand weakly grabs at my pant leg. I smile down at him before walking back to Xehanort.
 
“So where's you weapon?”
 
Outside I only smirked and lowered my head. But inside I was panicking and desperately wanted to turn and run away, quickly. I have to protect Riku…only I can do it. That's when my body grows hot, as if I had stepped into a raging fire. But I know that it is not going to hurt me. I rise my head, letting my gaze connect with Xehanort as I throw my arms out, willing for my weapon. Red, white, and black chakrams spin in front of my hands, on fire. But once I grip onto their black middles the fire goes out. All eyes fall on me, “Burn baby burn!” my arms fall down to my sides as flames surround Xehanort. I launch my chakrams into the inferno and they come straight back and I catch them. With the flames dieing down I catch a glimpse of Xehanort's form collapsing to the ground.
 
Satisfied I go back to my Giver and lift him into my arms once more. Riku's eyes connect with my own and for an instance I go lightheaded and the world spins out from under my feet. When our eyes disconnect I come back to my senses and continue walking along. As I pass by Cloud and Ienzo I hear the end of their conversation.
 
“Why did you tell me Axel would do that, Ienzo?”
 
“Because you would have stopped him and I didn't even see it coming until after he went around you.”
 
I hadn't waited for the others; I kept walking and got Riku back home. Before going anywhere though, I had asked if this was his room and Riku merely nodded so I lay him down on the bed that I had occupied earlier. I sit on the edge next to him, not knowing what to say next.
 
Yet he does. “So…you're him huh? The one Xehanort wants, the Flame of Life.”
 
“But Riku…what does that mean?”
 
“The tunnel between the two worlds is filled with a peaceful and ever-lasting darkness. The only way to get through is either have the element of dark or fire. Fire is more effective for it can burn away the darkness long enough to get Xehanort and his lackeys to the other realm. Whereas darkness transports only one. I'll protect you…not like today though, he had only caught me off guard.”
 
“Riku…how long will it take you to regain your strength?”
 
He laughs darkly, “Xehanort can drain ones power making them useless. He did that to me but he'll never touch me again. But it will take a few days without taking any blood from-”
 
“Me…I know all about it now. If you need my blood then take it.”
 
“Th-Thank you Axel.” he says in a shaky voice. Riku pulls up on his elbows, “There's a dagger in the drawer there.” I hand it to him. “Now remove your shirt.”
 
Ienzo was right. Even at this early stage I felt that I couldn't dare disobey my Giver, for he had kept me alive. The dagger's tip slides across the skin on my chest, I think near my breastbone. I can't be sure. For the moment his lips grazed my skin, my mind and vision grew hazy.