Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Proposition ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I really got inspired for some odd reason while I was in Algebra 2 reviewing radicals and exponential functions. So here it is the end of my plot bunnies for a little while...they need their rest. I think I did a good job and got a lot wrote here. Let me know!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy characters.
I do own the plot...well the plot bunnies do but those are mine LOL.
___________________-
Undead Hearts
Chapter 2: Proposition
___________________-
 
-_____________________-
 
I lounge on the brick wall surrounding the college. Adorned in my Organization trademark black cloak; I glare at everyone who strides by.
 
A man strides over to me, not even flinching when I turn to glare at him. The man's spiky black hair falls to his shoulders, while one strand hangs down his face. While those playful blue eyes of his scan across my posture and a smile curve onto his lip.
 
“Axel...why are you on that side? You and I both know that this gang won't let you leave...alive. Get out while you know nothing, Leon and I will help you, please Axel.” His blue eyes plead with me; sadness bores into me.
 
I shake my head, “Zack, I can't.”
 
“Axel, there's always a way. Your induction ceremony isn't until tonight.”
 
“No, they can help me. If I join then all my friends are safe...always.”
 
I stand and walk away, leaving Zack staring at my back. Surprisingly enough he doesn't follow me. Zack is like a puppy; if he wants something, he won't let go till he gets it.
 
But he did let me walk away and I wish now that he hadn't. Maybe things would have turned out better.
 
I only wish with all my power that I could know how my dear friends are surviving. Deep down I know I can't but sometimes...unreachable dreams are the best kind of dreams to hold onto...to work for.
 
-________________-
 
“I'll protect you...I'll fight for you...I'll love you, even if I don't receive your love in return. Please stay safe Axel.”
 
The kind words are whispered into my ear. A delicate hand, that would seem chilly to a human, comforts me as it runs through my hair.
 
I curl up around the solid form and breathe in the metallic scent of an ocean and blood.
 
“Are you going to wake up, Axel? I can't move to get either of us a drink.”
 
I groan and roll away letting him get off the bed. As the bed adjusts under the lessened weight, I turn over, awaiting Riku's return.
 
My lunar-haired savior returns, sauntering into the room with two glasses and a wine bottle in hand. The dark green tint of the bottle prevents me from identifying the liquid, for no label wrapped around it.
 
I devour every movement that Riku takes; His strong frame sliding back onto the bed beside me, long slender fingers twisting the ebony cap off, the tipping of the bottle ever-so-slightly.
 
Crimson liquid slips into the two wine glasses; my heightened sense of smell picks up on it immediately. With a slight aching in the back of my throat, I reach for a glass. After I had drank and savored each drop I turn to my Giver with an immense amount of questions swarming in my head.
 
“Riku, will I ever go home?”
 
Instantly his eyes narrow. “No...you're one of us now and you can never leave.”
 
There he goes again; telling me what I can and can't do.
 
“You're not the boss of me!”
 
Riku's hand slides over my cheek, throwing my head to the side. I touch the red and stinging cheek tentatively. I couldn't believe it. My grip on the glass tightens.
 
“All I did was ask a fucking question!”
 
The shattering of glass echoes in the room.
 
Riku sits on my stomach and holding my arms to my sides. The glass I held, shattered on the hard wood floor, just as Riku's had when he launched at me.
 
I glare daggers at him, hoping I can ultimately wiggle my way out of his grip.
 
“You're a vampire now, you're not allowed to leave,” he whispers into my ear.
 
With teeth clenched I try to stay calm. “Riku, you're not the boss of me, got it memorized?”
 
Using all the strength I can muster, I throw the lunar haired vampire off of me.
 
I guess I don't know my own strength.
 
Riku falls back against the headboard before rolling off the bed and onto the floor. He groans slightly, eyes clenched shut.
 
I take my chance and sprint out the door. As I dash down the stairs, jumping the last few steps, I pass Myde. He only glances at me and continues on his way. Probably because I'm not his problem.
 
Running down the streets I notice that even though it's morning, no sun peaks out and warms me. The whole city is engulfed in a dark tint. The clouds shield the sun and the wind blows cold. With a sigh I slow to a walk.
 
Sure that was over dramatic, but it was needed. I'm not his property. “Agh, why are you so difficult?” I yell at the sky, frustrated.
 
The hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. Concentrating as hard as I can, I attempt to sense even the slightest presence. My breathing evens out as I detect none.
 
That's when I scream, not a glass shattering shriek but more like a yelp.
 
The man chuckles as I try to pry his arm from around my waist. His venomous voice comes out in smooth syllables. “Don't worry young one, I'll take good care of you.”
 
“Scram and my name is not young one.”
 
“So is it Riku's Trophy instead?”
 
“No! My name's Axel and I'm not anyone's!”
 
“That's good to hear.”
 
I feel a slight sting similar to that of a bee sting before my body goes completely numb. The only thing I have the energy for is to move my eyes.
 
I slump back into his arms and my head falls against his cloaked chest. His hood is down revealing shoulder length pink hair and vicious pink eyes.
 
“We haven't met, I'm Larumia; plant telekinesis vampire and you my friend are the portal.”
 
Unable to answer I just stare at him. A chuckle shakes his body as he takes me through the winding alleys at an agonizingly slow pace.
 
Larumia glances down at me. “Xehanort will treat you much better than that traitor, Riku.”
 
Sighing mentally I close my eyes and drift off into sleep.
 
-___________________-
 
Memories filled my restless dreams. I remember it all to the key. The day Sora had asked Kairi to date him. Getting Roxas ready for his first date with Namine. Strolling campus with Zack and Leon; of course Zack walked alongside his girl Aerith and Leon alongside Rinoa. Playing music with Demyx while Zexion tutored me.
 
Life was relaxing and easy. That is till Demyx, Zexion, and I got mixed up in that gang, Organization 13. Don't get me wrong, the gang was more of a club than anything else. But Xemnas, the leader, decided that we needed to step up and excel as criminals.
 
The three of us did not share the same ideas as Xemnas, so we left.
 
I guess he always thought that I was the instigator...that's why he killed me. I miss my friends but...I can never go back. At least that's what Riku had said. But now...now I'm in the hands of the enemy.
-________________________-
 
Opening my eyes I notice many things; One my arms are behind me, chained, as well as my legs. I am placed on a giant bed adorned in blood red sheets. The room only has a bed and two doors; one my escape and the other a bathroom (most likely).
 
I keep my eyes focused on the door to the right. As usual the one directly in front of the bed opens instead.
 
Larumia and Xehanort walk in and stand one on each side of the bed. Xehanort turns to me to face him and as I do I spit right in his face.
 
The man reels back, wiping at his face. I narrow my eyes, “I thought that it would have killed you, how disappointing.”
 
Larumia's hand sails close to my face and I shut my eyes, awaiting impact. “Why?” mutters the pink haired man.
 
Opening my eyes I notice that Xehanort had caught Larumia's hand before it could connect with the side of my head.
 
“Axel, you are a great asset to this world. I will do anything in my power to keep you safe. Has your Giver promised that?”
 
“Yes, he's very good to me.”
 
A grin spreads across Larumia's lips. “So then why did you run away?”
 
I fall silent, not wanting to say anymore.
 
Xehanort snaps toward his ally, “Be quiet. Axel, has Riku been treating you like a piece of property?”
 
I turn my focus to the wall.
 
“I see, well unlike that naïve boy, we understand that you are your own property and a very powerful vampire at that. This is why we want you to join us.”
 
“I'm the Flame of Life and all you want to do is use me to get to the world of the living. Well I'm not just a tool you can use!”
 
Xehanort smiles down at me, his crimson eyes glittering. “Don't you want to see your friends?”
 
“Well...yeah, but you'll kill all the humans if I take you there.”
 
Larumia answers my statement swiftly as if he knew the answer by heart. “Our goal is to unit our worlds, to be and learn that of our others' lives.”
 
Xehanort leans down and takes the chains off of my limbs. “We trust your decision Axel.”
 
“Then why the chains?”
 
“I could only guess that Riku and his friends had filled your head with lies. Thus meaning that if we approached you, then ultimately you would ignore us.”
 
My mouth opens but I close it. I can't argue with that reasoning. “So what if I say no or yes?”
 
Larumia sits down on the bed next to me, “You'll have two days to make your decision. Whether it be yes or no; the plan will succeed.”

Xehanort glances at me but speaks to Larumia. “Show Axel the door. We'll find you in two days, understood?”
 
I nod and turn to Larumia just in time to see a needle prick my skin. The wave of numbness returns and I feel myself collapse onto the bed. Larumia lifts me into his strong arms where I fall back asleep.
 
-______________________-
 
Rain drops slide over me and onto the hard cobblestone ground. Just from the ground I can tell that I'm in an alley because it isn't paved like the rest of the city I've been to. I shiver in my thin clothes from the freezing rain.
 
Footsteps echo toward me, scuffing along and splashing puddles.
 
With shaky limbs I lift myself into a sitting position against the wall.
 
A person made of water walks near me. I reach out but it slips away. The footsteps get closer and a figure steps into the alley, walking over to me. The person chuckles and kneels down beside me.
 
With my voice still somewhat gone I don't say much except, “Hi Dem.”
 
He smiles, “No silly it's Myde. Now stand up before you catch a cold.”
 
I shake my head slowly but try to stand anyway. Myde stands and grabs my wrists but doesn't pull me up.
 
Instead, his eyes are fixed on the back wall of the alley where Larumia stood.
 
Myde glares at the other vampire. “What are you doing here Larumia?”
 
“Nothing of your concern water boy.”
 
Watery orbs narrow and Myde runs to the back of the alley. Waving his hands, he sends a water clone one way and himself, propelled by water, up over the back wall.
 
What a confusing place to live.
 
The clone leaves the way Myde had come. I run a trembling hand through my damp spikes. Just a few minutes after the water clone left, hurried footsteps rush toward me.
 
Riku kneels in front of me. “I'm sorry Axel. I just don't want you to get hurt.”
 
The lunar haired vampire picks me up in his arms and whisks us back to that house, back to that room.