Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Conflicting Decisions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay...yeah I got the next chapter going. I'm so glad I got it wrote and I'm so proud of it, because it was so much fun. I hope you all enjoy reading it as much I as did writing it. Lots of stuff developing in this chapter so keep your eyes open and your mind on track! Oh and guess what, I edited the looks of all the characters, officially. Still got a few to introduce but I got them all decided, kind of. I also edited some abilities for these crazy vamps.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy characters...Square Enix does.
__________________-
Undead Hearts
Chapter 3: Conflicting Thoughts
__________________-
 
After Riku had given me dry clothes and something to drink, that wasn't him, I fell asleep.
 
The next morning I figured that Larumia must have overdone his job, for I could still barely move. Not that it matter. Riku had decided to keep me here with a supervisor while he and the others did whatever.
 
All the while the memories of my old life had become hazy and unreadable. I can still name the people and faces, but everything else is washed away.
 
...A clean slate.
 
I glance up at Myde, my supervisor for the night, before I fall back into sleep.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
I wake up and instantly realize that today is the day I have to make my decision. But I already know what I'm going to do.
 
An arm snakes around my waist and pulls me close to the body it belongs to. The touch sends my skin tingling before I turn over to see Riku. I carefully lift his arm and his face twists into pain within two minutes after I had lifted his appendage. I let his arm fall back to my waist. A few moments pass and his features gradually smooth out.
 
I give up and relax back into his secure embrace, closing my eyes in the process.
 
Warm breath tickles my ear, “Axel...wake up.”
 
I roll out of his grip and stare at him. “Do you have nightmares?”
 
“No...not nightmares, just haunting dreams.”
 
“What does that mean?”
 
“I spent to much time in the tunnel between the worlds. I haven't seen any real light. This over-cast world doesn't help either.”
 
I slide off the bed and change into jeans and a black tee shirt with a light jacket to match. I turn back to see Riku's eyes glued to me.
 
“What?”
 
“Nothing,” Riku changes as well. Instead I stare at the wall.
 
“Riku...are you going out today?”
 
“Why, you're not-”
 
“Why not?”
 
Riku sighs and turns to me, now clad in all black; jeans, shirt, jacket, and boots. “I don't want you hurt.”
 
I roll my eyes, “So you're saying I'm not capable of protecting myself?”
 
“That's not what I said, Axel.”
 
I stomp over to him, pushing him back against the dresser. “Then what are you saying, Riku?” I say it with ice hanging off of my words and to my surprise he flinches back. “Tell me Riku, I want to know the truth.” Riku's eyes lover to the floor and he shifts uncomfortably. “Well w-”
 
He cuts me off by pulling my head down to his. “I think I'm falling for you.”
 
Riku pushes his lips against mine and I give instantly, kissing him back. The fireworks seem to go off right on cue. Riku's hand drops from my neck to my waist.
 
I pull away. “R-Riku...you, like me?”
 
He smiles up at me, a blush on his cheeks, “Yeah.”
 
I flash a smile and we stand, gazing at each other. The way his pale and light features stand out from his dark clothes reminds me of a shimmering light in the pitch black darkness.
 
“Are you two done?” My cheeks grow hot and I turn to see Cloud standing in the doorway. “We need to know who's going today?”
 
Stepping up to my side, Riku links his hand with mine. “We're all going.”
 
As Riku leads us out onto the streets, butterflies flutter into my stomach. Queasiness overcomes me as I walk alongside him. I can only hope that Larumia doesn't show up...because I think I've fallen for my Giver.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
My body freezes and I feel like puking my guts up. In front of our group of six stand a group of five; Larumia, Xehanort and three other figures.
 
Riku points to the first one, “That's Rulod, time paralysis.” Rulod's hair is blonde and spiked up. Three earrings pierce each ear.
 
Myde leans close to me, “The next is Sia, shape=shifter. He uses a claymore called a Berserker.” Sia glares at me with venomous yellow eyes. His short blue hair is pushed behind his pierced ears. In his hand sits a large oddly shaped weapon.
 
“The one on the end is Dilan. His lances are almost impenetrable and if you can get past them, then he shape-shifts,” says Squall. I look ahead to see a menacing man standing next to Sia. Dilan's black eyes gleam evilly and his hair is pulled back into several small braids, tying together in the end to make a ponytail. He holds a long purple and white lance in each hand
 
Riku leans upward, the short distance between us disappearing as his lips touch mine.
 
A measure of about five feet lies between us. Xehanort smiles at Riku with a glint in his eyes. He turns to me. “Axel, have you decided?”
 
My Giver turns to me, “Decided what?”
 
I lower my gaze to the ground, now in deep thought. If I go with Xehanort, Riku's known enemy, then I'm against him and he'll hate me. But if I stay…there's no telling what Xehanort will do.
 
“Axel, talk to me.” Riku's voice snaps me back. I turn to face each of my allies.
 
“Three days ago Xehanort made me an offer to join him and go home, to unite our worlds.”
 
Myde's wide blue eyes narrow at me, suspecting betrayal. “So what are you going to choose?”
 
In the corner of my eye I see Rulod grinning as he steps toward me. “You're running out of time.”
 
I dig my heel of my boot onto the ground and spin around, glaring back at him. “Shut up! I have all the time in the world because I'm staying with my friends and my Giver!”
 
Xehanort shakes his head sadly, “I'm sorry to hear that. We'll just have to convince you further.”
 
At that point Dilan slashes forward with his lances. I push Riku to the side just as Cloud blocks the attack with his own deadly weapon.
 
Riku looks over to me, “I'll deal with Xehanort.” With sword in hand, Riku runs forward, dashing and clashing with his ex-Giver.
 
Squall runs over to help Cloud but lands in the middle of the area of impact. Sia throws his weapon to the ground.
 
The Angelic vampire stumbles but keeps going. The claymore vanishes in a puff of smoke and Sia transforms into a full grown baby blue colored wolf.
 
He snarls viciously and leaps at Ienzo.
 
Myde's clones intercept the attack while Myde himself balance the sitar on his hip. Standing behind him, Ienzo continues to chant.
 
Vines curl toward me, reaching out to grab a hold of me.
 
Summoning my chakrams I jump back a few feet to get out of range and give myself space.
 
I launch a flaming wheel at Larumia. But he blocks it with his pink scythe.
 
Grasping the wheel as it curves back to me. Running forward I slam my chakrams against his scythe.
 
Larumia smiles sweetly at me, “It's a shame you choose them. Now someone's going to get hurt.”
 
I growl at him, “I don't think so.”
 
With all my might I jump back and trap Larumia in a circle of blazing fire. Plant vines attempt to creep out but they just burn right up. I grin overconfidently at a fainted Larumia on the ground as I retract the flames.
 
Squall and Ienzo snap toward me and yell in unison, “Hurry, help Riku!”
 
I turn just in time to see Rulod teleport behind Riku and put his hands on Riku's head.
“Riku run! Hurry, behind you!” I scream as I run to him.
 
“You've lost,” Xehanort states matter-of-factly.
 
In his hands lay Riku, paralyzed thanks to Rulod. Sia carries Larumia over to his comrades. A pitch black panther, Dilan, talks over to Rulod.
 
“In 24 hours return with three comrades to discuss a trade.” With that Xehanort turns to Rulod who in turn teleports them away.
 
I…I got Riku trapped. Now he's gone and…we're hurt.
 
I look around to determine how bad the injuries are.
 
Squall kneels over his Giver protectively. That is while Cloud sits on the ground with teeth marks lying on his arm with a small amount of blood trickling out. On the other hand, Squall has cuts cascading down his back. Directly behind me, Myde has slashes on his legs while Ienzo is mark free.
 
Staring at the site I fall to my knees, lightheaded. I see Myde point toward me but my vision blurs before turning black.