Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Planning Error ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ZOMG I just realized that Birth by Sleep is going to be on PSP, which means I can get it. So I've been researching with my bro. I'm going to be listing the others for our characters in this chapter. If there are any questions on the choosing please ask, I will be happy to explain. Especially Riku's, because I'm not sure how many of you know the info I do.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy characters.
__________________-
Undead Hearts
Chapter 4: Planning Error
__________________-
 
Silently we had left and come home. No one dared to say a word afterward. Last night…when I lost Riku…it was if a hole of enormous size had begun growing inside of me.
 
It's a good thing they didn't have any alcohol. If they did then I'd most likely be wasted.
 
After I had fainted I had awoke in Ienzo's arms, carried back home. I remember he actually looked frightened…
 
…and that had scared me to death.
 
-_______________-
 
I sit up in bed feeling rather cold. Looking around I can find no sign of Riku.
 
Oh, that's right, The Society has him.
 
Sighing I get out bed and walk to the kitchen.
 
Whispers circle around but all cease when I step into the room. I grab a bottle and pour myself a glass of blood before turning to eye each of them. “So what we're you talking about?”
 
Myde smiles softly, “Sorry Axel, we didn't want to wake you.”
 
“Well I'm awake now so fill me in.”
 
Cloud smiles a tiny bit while he shakes his head of spikes before turning to me, more serious than before, “Ienzo was telling us that in order to get through the tunnel and alight it, a full moon has to be out. But they'll want you in their clutches prior to that.”
 
I nod for someone to continue, that I understood that much.
 
“Xehanort thinks that we're going to ask to make a trade. Too bad we aren't.” Myde says happily before Ienzo finishes it up.
 
“We'll go and act like the trade will happen. On the other hand, I'll create a barrier spell, preventing Rulod from teleporting anyone. But we're not sure of his full power. He manipulates time, although none of us have seen him do more than paralyze and teleport.”
 
“Wait...paralysis doesn't have a thing to do with time, does it?”
 
Squall looks over to me, “Paralysis is suspending the time the body has to move. But you need to know about the others first.”
 
Ienzo pulls out a stack of paper-clipped papers. He lays the first one down on the table. “That's Braig, a Space Vampire. A sniper who never misses his target unless an enemy psychic or telekinesis vampire is in close range of said target. Braig can also warp within the arena.” The picture shows a lanky man with short silver hair with black highlights. Sunglasses adorn his face except for a curved scar under his right eye. Two guns, with dark light loaded in them, rest in his hands.
 
Ienzo flips through a couple more before pulling the right one out.
 
“Last is Even, an elemental who controls ice. The only thing we know about him is that he wields a shield and he's the brains besides Xehanort.” A man with a bowl-shape haircut stands covered in shadows, only revealing his green eyes.
 
“I have a question...I thought Rulod was time. So how can he teleport? Wouldn't he be a Space then?”
 
Squall shakes his head no, taking over for answering my questions. “No, Braig is a space because he can do it instantly and there are no side effects. That is while Rulod slows time, allowing him to get to his destination quickly. But it also drains him of his power more quickly. Thus we call it teleportation but to a scientist it is no more than merely messing with time.”
 
I nod, understanding more and more by the second. But one thing still nags at the back of my mind.
 
“How do they know about their other-selves...I mean do they know their names?”
 
Squall nods, “Of course. Each of us knows our parallel, but that does not mean that they always look like us or even seem like our Alive Brethren.”
 
“So who are they for all of us?”
 
Cloud leans forward in his chair, placing his elbows firmly on the table, preparing to gather my attention.
 
“Alright then listen close; Xehanort is Xemnas, Braig is Xigbar, Dilan is Xaldin, Even is Vexen, Aeleus is Lexaeus, Sia is Saix, Rulod is Luxord, Larumia is Marluxia, and Ralene is Larxene.”
 
I put my hands on my hips. That would make perfect sense and I could already guess half of them. “What about all of you?”
 
Myde takes a seat next to Squall and Cloud, Ienzo gathers up his papers, and non one looks ready to answer.
 
The water elemental looks up at me, “My other is Demyx.”
 
“Mine is Leon,” Squall says with a sigh.
 
“Zexion for me,” states Ienzo.
 
Cloud answers for both him and my Giver. “My Other's name is Zack Fair and Riku's other is a boy named Terra.”
 
“Who...is that?”
 
Cloud sighs heavily, “A boy caught in Xemnas's path just as Riku is caught up in Xehanort's. Unfortunately Riku never went back to see if Terra got away like he did. That's when he found you.”
 
Inhaling deep I pick up my glass and take a long drink. “When do we leave?”
 
Ienzo walks toward the door and opens it, letting a small breeze flitter through the room. “Now, if we want to get there and get ready.” A book appears in his hands. “I'll go ahead and recite a spell from the Lexicon.” Ienzo looks at me, “Is that okay?”
 
Baffled I only nod. I must be because Riku is my Giver. But either way I'm going to have to pretend to betray them. I need to gain Xehanort's trust.
 
The others stand and begin to walk to the area, not even noticing that Squall had stayed behind to walk with me. Ahead they were caught up in conversation of the plan.
 
At first he says nothing, but I'm not that lucky.
 
“You've got your own plans, don't you Axel?”
 
“A-Are you going to stop me?”
 
He flashes a smile, “No...I'm not. I trust you have the right idea. Anyway I have a feeling that this plan won't work. I'll explain everything to the others after your plan goes through and what happens...happens.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
Myde turns back to us, “Hurry up you two or we're going to be late.”
 
-_______________________-
 
In the end the three comrades I decided to have with me are; Squall, Myde, and Cloud.
 
Xehanort stands in front of Rulod, Sia, and Braig who has a hold on Riku.
 
The bangs shield Riku's eyes from my sight. Handcuffs tightly clamp his wrists and his silver locks which usually fall past his shoulders are gripped back into a loose ponytail.
 
Xehanort grins at me, “Axel have you decided now?”
 
“Actually...I have.”
 
With agile speed I turn and jump in front of Xehanort, facing my comrades. The angry expression of Myde and Cloud's faces threaten to break my façade. Instead I focus on Squall's poker face.
 
“I'm joining The Society.”
 
Cloud steps forward but halts suddenly when Squall grabs his shoulder.
 
Playing along with my ploy he looks up at Cloud. “We can't fight them all.”
 
With all attention finally directed at the three I make my move as fast as I can, hoping none saw it coming.
 
Fire shoots from my hand, landing next o Braig. The Space vampire releases Riku in order to get away from the fire and I sprint forward.
 
I throw Riku onto my back; his cuffed arms around my neck and legs around my waist.
 
My chakrams spin into my grip.
 
To begin I break the link between Riku's cuffs and he continues to hold onto me weakly.
 
“That's what I would've said if I did want to join.” I smirk at an angered Xehanort.
 
Braig levels one of his guns with my head.
 
The snap of the trigger sends me into panic mode.
 
I dodge to the side but the bullet of purple space matter travels with me.
 
Out of the corner of my eye I catch sight of Ienzo.
 
Instead the bullet lodges itself in my leg.
 
Falling I hit the ground hard, while Riku rolls off and into my arms.
 
Braig grins down at me, “Give up little dude.”
 
The last thing I see is his boot coming straight for my head.