Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Undead Hearts ❯ Lighting Dark ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay I've got this whole story finished. All I have to do is type it up and post it so...expect the rest of it soon. It's only 7 chapters because well...7 is a lucky number for me besides 17 and I wasn't going to even try to drag this thing out into 17 chapters. Well I hope you all enjoyed reading it so far as I have writing it. I've added two BBS (Birth by Sleep) characters in here because it made sense to....later!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own anything! The characters all belong to Square Enix. The plot is pure me.
-_____________________________-
Undead Hearts
Chapter 5: Lighting Dark
 
My eyes crack open and the light makes my head pound. I groan and the grip on my hand tightens.
 
“Shh...Axel take a deep breath.”
 
The blinding light dims and I end up gazing into my Giver's eyes.
 
“Got us trapped didn't I?”
 
Riku smiles down at me, “But you tried and that's what matters most.”
 
Sighing heavily I turn so that my back faces him. My plan failed and I deserve to take full responsibility for it. Squall even trusted me and I let them down.
 
“That bullet should've hit me...It was such a close range shot too.”
 
“Axel...if it wasn't for Ienzo's psychic powers and Cloud's telekinesis, you would be dead.”
 
“Maybe...maybe I'm better off dead. This is my entire fault anyway.”
 
Riku's arms wrap around my waist. He pulls me toward him and rolls me over. With a smile on his countenance, Riku pushes his lips to mine. As he pulls back with me wanting more, I smile in return.
 
“This isn't like you Axel. I miss the spark in your personality, especially when the fight isn't over yet.”
 
Lying on that bed with Riku, awaiting whatever could and would come next, his words hit home.
 
A grin pulls at the corners of my mouth. A slim silver eyebrow rises as I lunge forward.
 
I slide my hands behind Riku's head and back. Riku sinks down into the bed as he wraps his arms around my neck, while fingers tangle themselves in my spikes.
 
We crush our lips together as if our bodies could mold to form one. I run my tongue along his bottom lip, begging for entrance. Riku's lips part instantly. On queue our tongues entangle themselves before we part and do it again.
 
The taste of blood and his scent of the ocean fill me with adrenaline. I pull away from his luscious lips and trail sweet pecks along his jawbone. With a kiss to the hollow of Riku's neck, I look up at him with need clear in my eyes.
 
As if my thoughts of requiring his blood to save us reached his own mind, “I would be humbly honored Axel. But don't take too much.”
 
I mouth a thank-you before leaning back down.
 
My lips curl back and fangs effortlessly slip into his neck. As his rich blood slips down my throat, Riku keeps his hands running through my hair.
 
In an instant I pull away, “Doesn't it hurt?”
 
“Not when I know it's you.”
 
I roll over onto my back letting Riku's blood flow through me like a drug. Closing my eyes I try to relax but weight is put on top of me.
 
“Riku, what are you doing?” I push a few strands of hair out his face.
 
“I want to apologize before it's too late. You're not my possession and...I want to keep you away from this.”
 
Just as I open my mouth to retort but instead Riku crashes his lips down on my own.
 
“Way to go little dudes!” comments the voice from the door.
 
With a heady sigh Riku stands up in front of the bed while I sit up.
 
“What happens now Braig?”
 
A smirk tugs at Braig's lips. His hand shoots forward and grabs Riku's ponytail, pulling him to the door.
 
“You're coming with me. Axel's escorts will be here shortly. You get to hang with Aeleus.”
 
Braig pushes Riku through the door. He turns back to me, “Be good now,” and the door slams shut behind him.
 
-________________________-
 
Not long after Braig took Riku away, my escorts of evil came to get me.
 
Larumia saunters over to me, “You'll walk with me and Ralene but don't try to escape. If you do, Aeleus will have no problem crushing your precious Giver.”
 
I stand up from my perch on the edge of the bed, “Fine, let's get this over with.”
 
Ralene giggles with venom soaked into it. The blonde stands on tip-toes while curling her arms around my neck.
 
I narrow my eyes down at her, but she doesn't take note of it.
 
A single crimson gloved finger trails down my cheek. “It's a shame really. Xehanort will probably kill you before the day is out. I wouldn't mind having to watch over you,” she purrs into my ear.
 
Not wanting to cause trouble just yet, I let the comment slide away. Inhaling deeply, I close my eyes.
 
“Ralene, leave him alone. Let's not torture him just yet; we have time for that later.” She moves away from me and Larumia smiles evilly at me, “Come on Axel, let's get going.”
 
-_______________________-
 
From there I followed them to the front of the house where we went outside in the daylight. Well, the daylight that the Undead World actually gets, even if it is gray and gloomy. Once everyone was gathered, Larumia and Ralene led me, with the rest behind me, to the spot. I do happen to notice that Aeleus has been keeping a good hold on Riku's arms since they're behind his back.
 
Walking into a dead end alleyway, Braig steps forward. He smirks at me, “Okay little dude, go get started.”
 
I stare at him, “What? How am I suppose to know what to do?”
 
Riku's yelp rings in my ears.
 
“Okay fine, j-just tell me how to get to the portal.”
 
Braig grabs my wrist and teleports us both to the wall of the alley. “Just use your head, okie dokie? If you run, I'll shoot you.”
 
I place my hand against the cold stone wall.
 
Oh please, work. Don't fail me now.
 
Concentrating hard, I focus all my power to the wall.
 
“Ha, ha you're doing it!” exclaims Braig.

Fire consumes the stone. It disappears to reveal a pitch black tunnel. Braig teleports back to the group before bringing them all to the entrance. Larumia pushes me through.
 
I stumble before realizing that it has solid ground. I take a deep breath, bracing myself for the future. “...Burn...”
 
Flames extend from my body and begin to burn away the darkness. It curls and falls away like ash as I continue walking through the now flaming tunnel. With every step I can feel my power diminishing.
 
However, the interior reveals itself to me that of a forest. Full of light and serenity I touch the tree that stands in my path.
 
The wood bursts into flames and I'm blinded by pure white light. I keep walking through and the light dies.
 
I blink my eyes back into focus to come face to face with a starry night sky with a full moon in the midst of it all.
 
Walking into the World of the Living I notice three things: One, the destination is the park. Two, sitting underneath a large oak tree are my friends Roxas and Sora. Third, they appear to be comforting a boy with a decent physique. He has strong blue eyes and brown hair falling around his perfectly shaped face, reminding me of someone dear. The teen wears dark blue jeans with bloodied slashes in them and a white t-shirt.
 
Sora smiles at the boy, “We're glad you finally got away, Terra.”
 
I gasp and three sets of eyes turn in my direction.
 
Roxas stands up, “Is that really you, Axel?”