Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Aerial ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I'm only gonna say this once. I do not own Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, or any of the Disney characters/ worlds.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/

I remember how sunny it used to be. How clear the water surrounding the chain of islands was, how my Father and I would run up and down the beach when I was small, and how my Mother would laugh when my Father would chase after her. Then, I would laugh when he picked her up over his shoulder, and she would screech in delight. In turn, my Father would turn to me, set my Mother down, and say:

"So, you think that's funny, do you?" In response, I would only laugh harder. My Father would then grin at me, a wicked gleam playing in his eyes.

"How would you like it if I did that to you?!" And then we would start all over again. Sometimes I would try to climb a tree, but this would only end up in me being captured faster.

I remember that just as the sun would set, Mother would call us in for dinner, and Father would let me sit on his shoulders as he carried me back to our house.

And then, one night, he left.

He left us.

I remember waking up one night, to the sound of my Mother crying, and my Father trying to consol her.

Flashback

"No...No, please....don't go again...." I heard my Mother say, her voice cracking. I peeked my eye through a thin crack in the door. My Father held my Mother tightly, his face buiried in her red hair.

"I'm sorry, Kairii....I have to go. King Mickey sent me a letter," He paused. "They'll be here tonight." At this, my Mother choked out a sob. I couldn't bear it any longer.

"Papa....?" I stepped out from behind the door, revealing myself. His eyes opened wide and stared into my curious ones.

Something was wrong. I could see it.
"Sakura...." He kneeled down on the carpet, and reached out his arms towards me. I walked into them, and he pulled me into a big hug.

"Papa....Where are you going?" I asked. He pulled away to look into my eyes. I could see my reflection in the deep blue of his eyes.

"Sakura, I'm sorry. I must go, I have to protect you and Mommy. You might not understand now, but someday, you will." He then reached around his neck, and took off the silver crown that he always wore, and placed it around my neck.

"This, is my promise, that we will one day meet again, my daughter." He stood up, and kissed my Mother, before walking out the door.

I saw him dissapear into the night, and from us.

End Flashback

I had had no idea that that would be the last time I would see my Father. My Mother tried her best to substitute for him, but both of us knew things wouldn't ever be the same.

I'm fourteen now. I was four then. It's been ten years since I saw my Father. He used to send us letters, telling us that all was well, sometimes he would even send us different items.

But, one day, the letters stopped coming. We no longer received word from him, no longer got any packages from him.

We eventually stopped talking about him, altogether. I could see how much it hurt my Mother, when we talked about my Father. So, I stopped.

I no longer mentioned his name or how we used to play. All of our old photographs of the three of us together were put away.

I look out at the sea now, sitting on the warm sand, fingering the silver crown that my Father gave me.

I layed onto my back, and allowed myself to drift off, in hoping that I would wake up from this nightmare, and be four-years-old again.

I woke up with a start. I was sitting in the same spot that I had fallen asleep on, and the only difference on the island was that it was night. I looked behind me.

An image appeared there. A boy. He was about my age, with dark brown spiky hair, wearing all black and holding--

A
key?

Not just any key, this was the Keyblade.

.....How did I know what to call it?

He turned to me.

Dark blue met dark blue.

"
Sakura...." The boy whispered. He held out the key so it was pointing at me, and I stumbled back and put my hand in front of me as a reflex, but then he turned it to the side. It dissapeared into blue sparkles with a twinkling sound and reappeared in my hand.

"How did---Who are---where am I?" I finally decided on. He smiled at me.

"
It shall all be answered in time. Do you remember my promise?" He asked. I stared blankly at him for a minute, before he pointed to his chest.

I looked down, and saw the silver crown. "B-But you can't be--" I looked back up at him, but no longer was the boy standing there. The beach was empty, and a cold wind swept through it.

I sat up in a cold sweat, my dark brown hair sticking to my forhead. My dark blue eyes searched the island, expecting to see him again.

He didn't reappear.

I sighed, and clenched my hand.

But it was already clenched around something.

I looked down, and, there, in my right hand, was:

The Keyblade.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

R & R please. No flames!