Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Aerial ❯ The Journey Begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"Well, well, well..." A feminine voice spoke from a throne that was covered in shadows, "it appears that we have, underestimated, this girl's abilities, no?" There was a small hint of amusement to her voice. Red eyes shined from the sidelines.

"Yes, your heighness. It seems as if the Princess is more powerful than we first perceived." It was a man who spoke now. Suddenly, the doors opened, and two figures in black cloaks walked into the room, a red head girl struggling between them.

"Your majesty." One of the men stepped forward and bowed, while the other held the girl in place. "We found her just outside the palace grounds." The woman beconed them forward, and the girl was brought before her. The red head cowered before the woman, for even though she couldn't see her face, the woman sent off a vibe that told the girl that she had done horrible things....

"Tell me, child," the girl shuddered as the woman put her black cepter under her chin, to tilt her face up and inspect it, "what is your name?" The girl hesitated.

"Yu...Yume." The woman chuckled, and removed her cepter.

"Oh, yes. I can feel it. The darkness in this girl's heart is strong. All the lies she has told, the people she's stepped on....oh, and, what's this?" The woman sounded half suprised. "She is, in love with a boy that does not love her back, how tragic...." Yume winced when the woman mentioned her love for Kyo.

"My dear, what would you say if I told you that I could help you with your problem?"

/-/-/-/-/

"Woah..."

"I know."

"...Woah!"

"I know!" Cid patted my shoulder, and smirked as I gawked up at the huge, (and I mean, HUGE), castle before me. It towered high into the sky, just so I could only see the outline of the tallest towers. The castle shown in the sunlight, and made it sparkle so that it looked like gold.

We walked inside, (minus Merlin, he stayed at his house), and my jaw hit the floor. Inside, there was a hanger, where it was all white and light blue. There was a computer on the catwalk where we were, and in front of it was a woman with a single braid held back by a red bow. She was also wearing a red dress. It looked as if she was speaking with the computer.

The woman looked up as we approached.

"Ah, hello, everyone!" She said, cheerfully.

"Aerith? Who's there?" I looked around, searching for the owner of the voice. It sounded almost...electronic. Aerith turned back to the computer.

"Everyone, with Kairi and her and Sora's daughter." The computer bleeped excitedly.

"Really! May I meet her?" Aerith looked over at me. I nodded, hesitantly, and she motioned for me to come forward.

"Tron, this is Sakura. Sakura, this is Tron, one of your Father's old friends." I looked at the computer. Staring back was a man in a blue suit that looked very electronic. I blinked.

"You live in there!!" I yelled. He smiled.

"Yes, you can even come and visit me, if you want." I grinned, and looked up at Aerith.

"Can I, please?" I asked, giving my best puppy eyes. Aerith smiled, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Of course you can, but now is not the time. Maybe later." She looked back to Tron. "Tron, could you please send back Gabe and Thearon?" Tron nodded, and dissapeared. I arched an eyebrow up at her.

"Gabe and...Thearon? Are they my traveling companions?" Leon walked up and stood next to me.

"Yeah. They were both chosen by two keyblades." Suddenly, the portal across from us began to glow brightly, and two forms materialized. When it faded, two boys stood there.

One was about half a head taller than me, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was wearing a pair of cargo shorts that had a few rips with a green shirt that had a white line going through the chest area, and white trimming. The other had white hair and brown eyes, and was a few inches taller than the first. He was wearing a baggy pair of jeans and a slightly to-big blue shirt over a tight long sleeved white shirt.

"Gabe, Thearon, I would like you two to meet Sakura Hikari. Sakura, this is Gabriel Turner, and Thearon." Gabe smiled at me.

"Hello, Sakura. It's very nice to meet you." I smiled back.

"It's very nice to meet you, too." We shook hands. I then turned and stuck out my hand to Thearon. "Hello, Thearon." I said. He looked warily at my hand, then at my face, and 'hmphd'. I face faulted, then pouted. Gabe rolled his eyes.

"Oh, don't mind him. He's the quiet type." I smiled up at Gabe. I had only known him a few moments, but I had the feeling that he was going to be a good trivaling companion. Thearon, however...

...he creeped me out.

"Now, about your clothes...." Leon said. I looked down, and blushed. I was still wearing my board shorts and tank top from the island. I scratched the back of my head.

"It's alright, Leon. I've already taken care of it!" Yuffie said, and she hopped up to me with her hands clasped, like she was holding a fire fly in them. I blinked. She opened her hands, and a small ball of light flew out of them. I stood perfectly still as it swirled around me, changing my clothes. I looked down again, and smiled.

I was now wearing a pair of black cargo capris, with belts that hung around my waist. My top was a black tank top under a black jacket that stopped half way down my waist and fore arms with silver trimming. My silver crown necklace sparkled in the lights above me. Everyone smiled approvingly.

"I knew that the fairy God Mothers wouldn't let us down!" Yuffie said and glomped me. When she had gotten off of me, Leon took control again.

"Alright. Now that we've all met one another, and Sakura has her new clothes, it's time to show you what you'll be traveling in." Cid pressed a button on the wall, and the ground began to shake. A panel opened up, revealing a silver and black ship. Cid smiled proudly.

"The Gummie Ship 2.0. Ain't she a bute?" He asked. I nodded. After a moment or so, Cloud coughed.

"I think it's time that we let them get on their way." Everyone agreed, and we all began to say our goodbyes. Gabe ran up to ask questions about the ship to Cid, and he happily answered them, while Thearon shared a few words with the King. My Mother walked over to me.

"Well...this is it. Are you ready?" She asked, holding my hands. I nodded eagerly. She smiled, and pulled me into a hug.

"Good luck, Sakura. I know you'll find Sora." I nodded, and pulled away. She kissed me on my forehead. Gabe caught my eye and motioned me towards the ship. I waved good bye to everyone as the door closed.

Gabe walked over to the front, and sat down in the main pilot seat. Thearon took the secondary pilot seat, and I took the one in between them.

"Everyone ready?" Gabe asked. I nodded eagerly.
"Yup! What about you, Thearon?" I asked, attempting to make friends with him. He nodded absently, and stared ahead at something that only he could see. I frowned. It was going to take a lot to get this guy to cheer up.

/-/-/-/-/

Kairi sighed as the ship lifted off, and shot out of the hanger. She whiped away her tears.

"She'll be okay. I know it."

/-/-/-/-/

From within the sleeping pod, a figure stirred slightly.

Something had changed. The darkness seemed to have receeded slightly, and the light had grown stronger.

It smiled. Sakura was finally coming.

/-/-/-/-/

"He shall be awakening soon." The woman said from her throne. There were other people in the room with her. "We, The Chasers, must be prepared to fight. If all of the Keyblades are not collected and made as one, then we shall not be able to open Kingdom Hearts." The other people nodded in agreement.

"But, Empress." One said. "Why would we wish to open Kingdom Hearts? It's filled with light--it shall not help us." The Empress smiled.

"Ah, but it will. You see, if we can use the One True Keyblade, we can end The Keyblade War, by swallowing the worlds in darkness." She frowned slightly. "However, if the Princess gets a hold of it, then she shall end our existence by releasing the light in Kingdom Hearts." The one who had spoken before questioned her again, but quieter, as if not to anger her.

"But, how can there be darkness and light in Kingdom Hearts?" The Empress smiled sadisticaly.

"Why, my dear Queen. There is darkness and light in every heart. They both must coincide for one to exist. In some hearts, the darkness is stronger than the light, and in others, the light is stronger than the darkness. One cannot exist without both. That is why the heartless do not truly exist. Their hearts are completely dark." She smiled as she watched the Gummie Ship lift off.

"Soon, Princess...you will no longer exist, too."

/-/-/-/

I have made the decision that I shall also encorporate into the story not just Disney worlds, too.

R&R, please!