Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Aerial ❯ Rise of a Heroine ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Darkness....

I'm falling through darkness.

No. Not darkness.

Nothingness.

My body is numb, and as I fall, images flash before my eyes.

/-/-/-/-/

The beach with three children standing on it. The tallest is a boy with silver hair; the next is the boy who gave me the Keyblade, and the last is a girl with red hair.

/-/-/-/-/

Two strange animals: a duck dressed in blue clothing and holding a staff, and a dog dressed in a black vest, green turtle neck, and yellow pants, holding a shield.

/-/-/-/-/

Many different places and people, finally ending on a white room. I realized that I was no longer falling, but I was standing in the room! The room was completely white, save for light purple circles on the floor, getting bigger as they rippled out, surrounding something that looked like a giant purple flower bud.
(A/N: That's what I thought when I saw it...)

I noticed that there was someone standing in front of it, their black-coat clad back facing me. They turned around, and pulled down the hood, to reveal a man with spiky blonde hair and deep blue eyes, the same color as mine. He smiled.

"I wondered when you would come here, Sakura." He said. I stepped back.

"How--"

"Did I know your name?" He finished, chuckling slightly.

"Sakura, I know a lot about you, from a
very reliable source, trust me." He said. I growled. I wanted some answers!

"First off, what's your name, and why do you look so much like the boy who gave me this?" I asked, holding out my hand and summoning the Keyblade. The man, who instead of being startled, just stood there, unfazed, and his smile grew.

"Ah, the Keyblade." He said, looking at it as he seemed to talk to himself more than to me. "I wondered when He would give it to you." I cocked my head to the side.

"Who's 'he'? The boy from the island?" I asked, now completely curious. The man moved his eyes to my face, and laughed. I put my hands on my hips.

"What's so funny!" I yelled, irritated. His laughter quieted down, but he was still giggling when he answered.

"It's just, that..." His giggling stopped, and he held a warm smile on his face, "you act just like Him." I felt myself relax.

"Him...?" I looked at the ground, my eyes searcing it for some answer. I snapped my head back up, my blue eyes wide.

"Do you mean my--"

"Yes, Sakura. I do mean your Father." I was dumbstruck. If this man knew my Father, then maybe....

"Do you," I started quietly, suddenly unsure of myself, "know where he is?" I asked.

"Yes, Sakura. I do." I grinned, and my heart filled with hope. The man motioned for me to come forward, and I did, no longer wary. I came and stood next to him, and he turned to look at the 'bud'.

"You must awaken the Keyblade Master." He said, his attitude turned serious. I looked at him sideways.

"The Keyblade Master? What does that half to do with my Father?" I asked. He turned to look at me.

"It has
everything to do with him." The man smiled again, and put his hand on my shoulder. "We shall meet again, Sakura. Very soon."

He pushed me lightly, and I felt myself falling into the nothingness. My body went numb, and as my eyes closed and I saw the man and the white room fade away, I heard him shout:

"Oh, and Sakura! Your Dad says, 'Hi'!"

/-/-/-/-/

"Do you think she's alright?" A woman's voice?...Mom?

"Yes. She's just tired from using so much energy." A man...the man who helped me!

"I told ya we shoulda gone earlier, but no! We had ta wait 'til 'Mr. Sunshine' was here!" Another male. I don't recognize his voice.

"Hey, I had to make sure that everything was secure at the castle before I could come!" Another guy. I groaned. What was going on?

"Shhhh! I think she's waking up!" This was another woman's voice. As feeling returned to my body, I slowly sat up, and opened my eyes. I was met with the sight of a pair of dark brown eyes, mere inches from my face. I gasped, let out a strangled cry, and fell over the other side of the bed I had been laying on.

"Yuffie!" I heard many voices shout at once.

"What?" The woman asked. I slowly peeked over the side of my bed, my eyes wide at what I saw.

The woman who had been at the island was there, along with the man who had helped me to my feet. My Mother was staring over the bed at me,
her hands on her knees. There were three more men in the room: One really old guy, who had a long silver beard, and was dressed all in blue; blue robes, and a blue pointy hat to complete the 'Wizard's' look.

The next was younger, but I had the sudden urge to call him 'Grandpa'. He had a toothpick hanging out of his mouth, and looked like he was ready to jump into a garage at any minute and start working on a machine.

The last was probably the youngest of all the men. He was leaning against the wall, and I would have thought that he was indifferent to the whole situation, but the angry look in his eyes told me otherwise.

"Uh, hello?" I said, slowly pulling myself up and onto the bed so I was sitting cross-legged. Everyone turned to me. There was silence for a few minutes, as I felt everyone in the room eyes fall on me. I blushed under the gazes. Why were they all staring at me?! Finally, I couldn't take it anymore.

"Alright, that is it!" I yelled, jumping off the bed. Everyone took a step back, and I couldn't blame them. I had been told that, when I was mad, I was not a force to be reckoned with. "I want some answers! Where am I? What happened to my home? What were those creatures that attacked me? And who is the boy that gave me this?" I summoned the Keyblade. Again, no one seemed bothered that I had just made a giant key-sword-thingy apear in my hand out of thin-air.

Everyone looked from one to the other, an unsure look on their faces. Finally, my Mother stepped forward, and was about to say something, when the door flew open.

A small, cloaked figure was standing there. I could see that whoever it was had large ears, that reminded me of a mouse. They pulled down their hood, and my jaw dropped in surprise.

It was a mouse!

"King Mickey?" My Mom asked in surprise. I snapped my head to her. She knew him? And, furthermore, he was a King?

...Okay, I've lost it.

The mouse walked in, a smile on his face. "Hello, Kairi! It's wonderful to see you again." He turned his head to me. His eyes went wide.

"Oh, my! Is this Sakura?" He asked. Kairi nodded.

"Yes, this is Sakura." The King bounded over to me, and took my hand. I think that if my jaw had dropped any lower, than it would have fallen off. He shook it vigorously.

"Sakura Hikari! It is a pleasure to finally meet you! My name is King Mickey. I am the King of Disney Castle." He noticed the Keyblade in my hand other hand. "You...you have the Keyblade?" He stuttered. Finally! Someone was shocked that I had this thing! I nodded.

"Yes, your, er, majesty." He let go of my hand. The room was silent again, and the King had a thoughtful look on his face. He looked at my Mom after a minute.

"He...hasn't returned home yet?" She looked down, so that her red bangs covered her eyes.

"No. We havent heard from him in ten years." King Mickey looked down, his eyes closed. I watched him curiously. Sora? Who was this 'Sora'? I put my finger on my lips as I thought.

Lesse, here.

He hasn't returned home, yet.

Mom hasn't heard from him in ten years.
I tapped my foot on the ground. Who could it be?! I gasped and snapped my fingers.

"You don't mean my Dad, do you?" I asked the King. He looked up at me, and blinked, confusion in his eyes. He turned to Mom.

"You guys, never told her about the Keyblades?" Mom shook her head.

"No. We wanted to keep her in the dark about that, so she wouldn't be apart of it." Mom looked at the Keyblade in my hand. "But, now that the Heartless have returned...." She trailed off. There was silence once again. The Ninja-girl, Yuffie, broke it.

"Hey, but that can't mean that Sora's dead! He gave the Keyblade to Sakura, after all!" She said, trying her best to be optimistic. Everyone lightened up at this. I was just as puzzled as ever. I flopped back on the bed.

"Okay, start from the begining." I said. Yuffie sat on the bed next to me, and my Mother on my other side. The old man took a seat at a table in the middle of the room.

"Well, before we begin this story, I think we should have some introductions, don't you? My name is Merlin." He said. "This is Cid," he motioned towards the man who I had the urge to call 'Grandpa'. Cid nodded at me, and did a small salute.

"Hi, there, 'kiddo!" I nodded.

"What's up, Gramps." I saw him twitch visibly, but everyone snickered, except my Mom. She smacked me upside the head.

"Ow!" I yelled, putting my hands behind my head to rub the sore spot. "What was that for?" I pouted. She gave me a look.

"Don't disrespect your elders." Cid waved her off.

"Nah, Kairi. Don' worry 'bout it. Her Dad used ta call me that, and I've taken a likin' to it." Merlin cleared his throaght.

"If I may continue...I see you've already met Yuffie, there." He nodded at the woman sitting next to me. "And Leon." The man who had helped me on the island waved slightly. I waved back.

"And then there's Cloud." Merlin nodded his head back to the man leaning against the wall. He made no sign of recognition, but stared at me, so I knew that he was listening.

"Now, on with the story. When your Father, Sora Hikari, was your age, he was chosen to be the Keyblade master. Sora went from world to world, searching for his lost friends, Kairi, your Mother, and Riku, his best friend." I remembered Uncle Riku! He had also dissapeared the night my Father had.

"Along with him went Goofy Goof, the Captain of the Gaurd, and Donald Duck, the Court Magician. Both were from Disney Castle, and were traveling with Sora under King Mickey's orders. Sora eventually found Riku, but his heart had been consumed by darkness, and his body taken over by Ansem. Sora also found Kairi, whose lost heart had been inside him through his travels. He released it, using the Keyblade, and turned into a heartless himself. Kairi, however, was revived, and revived him as well." I looked at Mom, and saw her smiling and blushing both at the same time. I smiled and turned back to Merlin.

"In the end, Sora defeated Ansem, who had been looking for Kingdom Hearts, the Heart of all worlds, for he believed that it was made of complete darkness. However, he was wrong, for a heart that is completely whole has darkness and light. Ansem was so overcome with light, that he perished. Unfortionately, to close the doors to Kingdom Hearts and keep the darkness from escaping, the Door needed to be sealed from both sides. King Mickey and Riku were on one, while Sora, Donald, and Goofy were on the other.

"With the Door sealed, Sora, Donald, and Goofy now had a new mission: to find Riku and the King. But this meant that Sora had to leave Kairi behind, after a long search for her, but he promised to return. The three ended up in a new world, where there resided the members of Organization XIII. They defeated some of the members, and Sora, Donald, and Goofy were put to sleep by Namine, a mysterious girl with an even more mysterious power.

"When Sora woke up, one year had passed. Much had changed, and Sora learned that Organization XIII were Nobodies, the empty shell that is left behind when a person with a strong will is turned into a heartless. While Sora and the others believed that they had defeated Ansem, King Mickey said that that hadn't been Ansem, but an imposter." King Mickey stepped in.

"The imposter's name was Xemnas, the Nobody of one of Ansem's aprrentice's, Xehanort. He was the leader of Organization XIII." The King let Merlin continue the story.

"Sora soon learned that when he had been turned into a heartless, a Nobody was created, as well. This Nobody was called 'Roxas', and was originally the thirteenth member of Organization XIII. However, a man named DiZ decided that he had to be hidden, and created a virtual world called Twilight Town. Kairi, as well, also had a Nobody, who was no other than Namine, the one who put Sora to sleep.

"Sora and Kairi were reunited with their 'other halfs', Roxas and Namine, and became whole. DiZ turned out to be the true Ansem the Wise, who had been seeking revenge for his assistances' betrayel, but, after seeing how loyal Riku was to Sora, so loyal that he would let himself take the guise of Xehanort's Nobody to help him, he regretted his past actions, and instead, decided to make a mense to Sora, Kairi, and Riku for what they had been put through.

"Since Xemnas believed that he could become whole if he opened Kingdom Hearts, Ansem attempted to use a machine he had made to digitally seal Kingdom Hearts, but he was unsucsessful. He failed, however, because the hearts were unpredictable, and was destroyed, along with a portion of Kingdom Hearts." Once again, King Mickey stepped in, and finished up the tale.

"After that, Riku and Sora were seperated from us, and had to fight Xemnas alone. They won, and were returned to Destiny Islands, along with Kairi. Everything was peaceful for ten years, but there was a sudden attack at Disney Castle, my home. My world was destroyed, but everyone was able to make it out safe. We knew that we had to call upon Sora again, though we hated to do it." The King turned to me, a sorry look on his face.

"We knew that you had been born only four years prior, but if we didn't call upon Sora, then there would be no more anyone at all." I smiled sadly.

"I understand. It's alright. I, just..." I looked down, and squeezed my eyes shut to keep the tears from coming. "I just wish I knew where he was." I felt my Mother wrap her arm around my shoulders, and squeeze them comfortingly.

"We're sorry, Sakura, but, I'm afraid we don't know about his wearabouts or of Goofy's or Donald's. However," I looked up, hope slowly rising, "that's where you come in. Tell me, Sakura," King Mickey stepped closer to me, "what did this boy who gave you the Keyblade look like?" I blinked.

"Er, well...he had spiky, dark-brown hair, and dark blue eyes, like mine, and he was wearing all black." Yuffie jumped up off the bed.

"See! I told you that it was Sora!" She smiled triumphantly. I gaped.

"You mean that was my Father?!" Now it all made since! That's how he knew of the promise my Father made! He was my Dad! I smiled, and jumped off the bed, too. "He's still alive, then!" Everyone nodded. I could barely contain myself. "That's great! That's wonderful! That's marvelous, stupendous, absolutely wonderful!" Everyone laughed.

"Not only does she look just like him!" Leon let out between chuckles. "She acts just like him! Naive, childish, and overexcited about everything." I stopped my not-yet-but-turning-into-parade to glare at Leon.

"Hey!" I pouted. Everyone just laughed harder. I smiled. Once everyone had stopped, King Mickey began speaking again.

"Sakura, you don't jave to do what I'm about to ask of you if you don't want to." He said, becoming very serious again. "But, under the circumstances, I was wondering if you would take your Father's place, at least until we find him." I was surprised that Mickey would be asking me to do such an important thing. I summoned the Keyblade again, and held it out in front of me, sideways so I could look at it. I smirked.

"Well, I suppose I could, but under one condition." I said winking. King Mickey looked up at me.

"And, what is that?" I giggled.

"While I was asleep here, I had a dream of a boy in a black coat with blonde hair and blue eyes." Everyone gasped. I sweatdropped.

"I see you've heard of him, too. Mind tellin' me who he is?"

"That was Roxas. I wonder how he was able to seperate from Sora, though." The King said, though the last part was more to himself.

"Well, anyway, Roxas told me that I had to awaken the Keyblade master, and I'm guessing that this Keyblade master is my Dad?" King Mickey nodded. I leaned on the Keyblade.

"Then, the condition is that, while I am traveling the different worlds, that I will also be looking for my Father, my Uncle Riku, and my best friend, Kyo." King Mickey blinked at me, then smiled.

"Of course!" He laughed, and held out his hand. I shook it, and our agreement had been made.

"Now, wait just one minute." I turned to look at my Mom. She had stood from where she was sitting on the bed, and had a terrified look on her face, that she was trying to cover up, but wasn't doing a very good job of it. She was wringing her hands in front of her, out of nervousness, I suppose.

"Sakura just can't go, galavanting off! I mean, sure, when the Destiny Islands were destroyed before, Sora really had no choice but to go off on an adventure, but the circumstances are different now! And plus there's no one to travel with her. What if she gets hurt, or lost, or something else happens, and--" I could see my Mother was on the brink of tears. I de-summoned the Keyblade and walked over to her. I took her hands in mine.

"Mom?" I asked. Tears were begining to fall down her face. "I promise you that I'll come back. You said I was just like Dad, so, if I make this promise, then shouldn't I be able to keep it, too?" My Mother smiled, and nodded.

"You are so much like your Father." She said, hugging me.

"And as for her traveling alone," King Mickey said, and my Mother released me, "she won't be." I blinked at him.

"Huh?" King Mickey smiled.

"Your companions are waiting at the castle. C'mon."

/-/-/-/-/

Phew! Done with chapter 2! So, Sakura has officially become the 'stand-in' for her Father, and also knows the whole truth about him. There sure was a TON of explaining in this chapter, and I apologize if I got any of the details wrong. I have yet to finish the second game, and I got most of my info of Wikipedia (all hail WIKIPEDIA! Woot!).

R and R, please!