Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Another Reflection of Evil ❯ Banished ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey everyone, it's been so long since I've written a fanfic, so I've decided to come back with something new. This is my first "Kingdom Hearts" fic, so be nice! I've put my own KH OC in this fic, so be warned!
 
 
 
The story begins near Hollow Bastion, in a small village. This village is kind of empty, and there is not many people living in it. The people of this village are mostly quiet people, with light-colored eyes and pale skin. This is only natural for the people of this village, because the sun almost never shines over their village. But the people live a good life, even though they are pretty poor. The one thing the people feared the most was the presence of evil spirits, and since the worlds were being invaded by Heartless, the people were more than likely to be found taking shelter in their huts. But there was one person, a person that didn't really fear the evil spirits like the rest of her people. It was a girl named Kairu. Kairu was one of the people in her village that was looked up to the most, even though she was only a young girl of 16. She was a pretty girl, with short, black hair that spiked out on some sides. She wore only black, which is normal for the people in her village. She, like the people in her village, had pale skin and light-colored eyes, hers being a blue as light as the sky. She had the look of evil, more evil than the people in her village. But she was one of the nicest people in her village. She brought food from other villages back with her when she went traveling, and the younger children looked up to her like a role model. She was also pretty skilled with a sword, and always fought off any Heartless that happened to wander into the village. Kairu was one of the bravest people in her village, since all the others thought of themselves as weaklings who couldn't compare with her. She was thought of as the protector of the village.
 
One day, a dark cloud formed over the village. Everyone took shelter in their huts, for they knew a heavy storm was coming. And a storm did come, complete with heavy rain and high winds. Some of the huts in the village were destroyed, but no one was badly injured. When the storm had passed, Kairu went outside to check if people were okay. "It's all right everyone, the storm has passed. You can come out now", Kairu called to the rest of the villagers. The villagers all quietly came out of their huts to look at the damages from the storm. There wasn't many, just a few huts blown down and the gardens destroyed. No one was hurt though, so the storm wasn't that bad. "There aren't any damages we should be worried about, with help the huts that were destroyed can be rebuilt", Kairu announced to the village. "But what about the gardens? What do we do about them?", one of the villagers asked. "The things that were planted can be planted again, I will help plant the gardens", Kairu said with a warm smile. Everyone all sighed with relief and began whispering things to each other. Over the next few days, the huts had been rebuilt thanks to some of the men of the village, and Kairu helped plant trees and other crops in the gardens. Over the next months, all of the trees that were planted had grown out nicely and the crops were grown well-enough to be picked and eaten. "Look, look! The trees have sprouted fruit Miss Kairu!", one of the village children said to Kairu, pointing at the trees. "Yeah, I can see that. Hey, how about we pick some of the fruit and try it?", Kairu said to the children. "Yeah!", the children all said together. "Let's go then!", Kairu replied. The children all ran over to the trees screaming "Yay!".
 
 
The kids began climbing the trees and fighting over who got to pick the fruit. Kairu just laughed at the sight, and walked over to stop the arguing. "Okay guys, stop fighting, you can all help pick the fruit. I'll go get some baskets to put the fruits in", Kairu told the children. They all nodded in agreement. Kairu went and got baskets and set them by the trees. She helped the small children who had trouble climbing the trees by lifting them up to pick fruit. By the time all the children picked the fruit, there wasn't any fruit left on the trees. "Well guys, looks like there's enough here to feed everyone. Great job everyone!", Kairu said. The children all danced around in excitement, happy to have helped out. One of the children then picked up one of the fruits and looked it over curiously. He brought the fruit over to Kairu and held it up. "Miss Kairu, is this supposed to look like this?", he asked. Kairu took the fruit from his hands and examined it. The fruit was a dark purple color and had pink dots all over it. I've never seen this fruit in my book, could this be a new kind of fruit?, Kairu thought. The children had all stopped to look at Kairu, wondering what she was thinking. "This fruit is indeed weird-looking, and I've never seen it before. But I bet it tastes pretty good", Kairu said finally. The kids all smiled and began to argue over who got to eat the fruit first. "Kids, no fighting. Let's go back to my hut, and I'll give you all a piece of the fruit.", Kairu offered. The kids all agreed. "But wait, if you haven't seen the fruit before, what should we call it? If it's a new kind, we should give it a name", one of the girls said. Kairu thought about it for a moment. "I got it! From now on, this'll be called the Pure Heart fruit, because if you look at the pink dots, they almost look like hearts", she said.
 
 
The kids all ran back to Kairu's hut and sat down at the table. The children always came to the hut when they needed looking after, until they became attached to Kairu and came over just about everyday. Kairu had brought more chairs into her hut, since there were so many children and since they came over so Kairu would make them something to eat. Kairu took a basket full of fruit and began cutting up the fruit into pieces. When she was done, the basket was still half-full of the Pure Heart fruit, so that there was enough to eat for a week or two. "Okay kids, time to eat. Now, there isn't quite enough for all of you, so you'll have to split it among the others", Kairu said in a caring tone. The kids all agreed and began eating the fruit. Kairu started to eat her piece of the fruit. It had a sweet tangy taste, and it was really good. When everyone finished, Kairu sent them back to their parents. Since she was done babysitting, she went to a corner and took out her sword. She had to keep it hidden so that none of the children would find it and play with it, or else they could get badly injured and it would be Kairu's fault. The sword wasn't really that cool looking, since it had an almost rusted up blade and a wooden handle that was taped with black tape. Kairu walked out of her hut with the sword, and into a field nearby her village. She began running through it, chopping up the wheat and weeds that were there. She then picked up one of her horribly-made dummies made from wheat bags, wheat, and badly drawn on with markers. She began slashing at the dummy, using accurate slashes and quick movements around it. I wish I could fight moving objects, Kairu thought. She sighed, and stopped attacking and sat on the ground.
 
Kairu had been relaxing for a few minutes when she saw something move. She looked up, and didn't see anything. Something moved to her left, but when she looked no one was there. Something than ran past to her right, and Kairu quickly grabbed her sword, stood up and waited. She kept her eyes looking all around her, when she sensed it. She was surrounded on her left, right, and behind by three Heartless that were trying to invade the village. They began to creep silently up to her, thinking she didn't notice them. Kairu held tight to the handle and quickly turned around. "Come on!", she challenged. The three Heartless quickly charged at her from the sides where they were. Kairu slashed at the one on her right, and killed it easily. The one on her left jumped up, and Kairu focused her attention on it, and slashed at it three times for accuracy, and it faded into the shadows. She was almost caught off guard by the last one, who was bigger than the other two. Kairu quickly slashed across it as it jumped close to her, and slashed down the Heartless, finishing it off. After the little fight, Kairu sighed with relief. Why do they even try, when I'll just kill them off anyway, Kairu thought to herself. She fell to the ground and stayed there for a few minutes, staring at the dark sky. She then sat up and looked to the mountains behind her village, still hoping that one day she could go there and explore.
 
Kairu returned to her village after her little training session, and sat down on her little bed, which was made from cotton from another village and sheets of cloth from that same village. It had grown late, and the silver moon cast shadows into her window. A gentle wind blew into her hut, and it felt nice against Kairu's soft skin. Kairu enjoyed the night time, and she layed down on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She closed her eyes, and then drifted off into sleep. Kairu was in a peaceful sleep, when she felt herself being shaken harshly. She awoke startled, and saw the face of one of the younger men in the village. He had a solemn look on his face. "Kairu, there is a village meeting being held. A wizard from a distant land has news for us and wants all the villagers to come listen. So, come out and hear what he has to say.", the man told Kairu, before turning around and leaving her hut. What the hell could this be?, Kairu thought. She got out of her bed, still a bit dizzy from a mixture of sleep and shock. When she could finally control her movements and was fully awake, she walked out of her hut. The villagers and their children, if they had any, were all gathered around the center of the village. A fire had been made, and there was sight of a black cauldron, full of many colors of magic. An old wizard, wearing a blue robe and a large blue, pointed hat was seen standing over the cauldron. It's Merlin, Kairu thought, remembering seeing him in one of her books. She walked up to the rest of the villagers, and listened to what the great wizard had to say.
 
"People of this village", Merlin started, "I have come to you with a message". The villagers listened closely, wondering what it could be. "The message is this, I have come to you today to tell you that I have sensed an evil presence lurking in this village", Merlin stated. The villagers gasped, and exchanged glances and whispers with each other. Evil presence, how come I couldn't detect it?, Kairu thought. She listened to what else Merlin had to say. "But there is good news, I have learned a spell that will tell where or who the evil spirit is.", Merlin said. Everyone sighed in relief, and exchanged more whispers. "Now, I'll need silence while I conduct the spell over the cauldron here. This will tell where the spirit lurks.", Merlin stated. A hush fell over the village. Merlin placed his hands over the cauldron and started to chant something in an unknown language. The colors in the cauldron started to change and swirl around. The villagers stared in amazement at this. Finally, after a brief moment, Merlin looked down at the cauldron to see where the spirit was. "My friends, the spell has worked, and these colors show me where the presence is hiding", he said. "And it shows me that the presence is right among us.", Merlin stated. Everyone exchanged looks and whispers.
 
 
The presence is here? But where?, Kairu thought, looking around at the villagers to see if she could figure it out. Then, Merlin spoke again. "I will now point out where the presence is", Merlin said, holding up his hand and looking at the colors in the cauldron. "The spell has shown me that the presence is.....right there!", Merlin said, pointing straight ahead. Everyone looked behind themselves. Kairu looked behind herself as well, only to see that there was no one there. Then she saw everyone's eyes on her, and realized that Merlin wasn't pointing behind her, he was pointing right at her! What? This can't be, I'm no evil spirit!, Kairu thought. The children all ran to their parents in fear, and everyone backed away from her. "No.....you're wrong! I'm not evil, I'm not!", Kairu said out loud. Everyone seemed to ignore her, and they just stared at her with anger and sorrow in their faces. "You betrayed us! You used us to keep your secret safe, until the day when you would kill us all! And to think we trusted you", one of the older men shouted with anger in his face, looking down behind him. Kairu stepped up to the man, and the villagers only backed away from her further. "You're wrong, I'd never hurt anyone! How could you say that?!", Kairu shouted at the man. The man only closed his eyes tightly in anger, then turned to face her. He raised one of his hands and delivered a harsh backhand to Kairu's face. The force from the blow threw Kairu back, knocking her down. "Let's run her out of the village!", someone else shouted. The villagers then started yelling out things and started to charge at Kairu. Kairu quickly got up and started running to a hut, where she hid under a table, hoping no one would see her. A man was in the hut, a villager that didn't come out to the meeting. "You got to help me, the villagers think I'm evil", she whispered to the man. The man only turned around with a whip in his hand, and cracked it across Kairu three times. She was cut on her face, shoulder and arm. She got up and ran from the hut, but not before the guy whipped her across the back. The pain was unbearable, but Kairu fought against it.
 
The villagers were able to catch her because of her weak state, and began to beat on her and whip her and such. When she couldn't bear the pain any more, Kairu yelled out, got up and started running, bleeding and hurting and all. She ran down the path that led to the mountains unknowingly, away from the village. The villagers had chased her to the entrance to the path, but stopped right at the entrance. They all started shouting really bad names at her as she ran. "And don't ever think of returning here, because if you do you'll find yourself dead!", one of the villagers shouted at her. Kairu continued running down the path, until she was far from the village. She looked around to see where she was, and saw that she was right directly by the mountains. "How'd I end up here? I must have ran down this path without thinking", Kairu said to herself. The pain from her wounds still hurt her, but she was able to stand it. She began walking up the mountain path until she was walking up the mountains. When she got to the top of the path she was taking, she saw that an entrance inside the mountains was blocked off by a bunch of small boulders. "Dammit, why the hell did I have to go through with this? Damned people, they don't know what the hell they're thinking. They'll believe anything that anyone tells them, but oh well, who needs them? I have to live on my own now", Kairu said to herself with anger in her voice. She then noticed a small mountain path leading up higher into the mountains. She decided to take it, since there was no where else to go.
 
Kairu began walking up the path, only stopping to rest from the pain of her wounds. The wind wasn't much help either, for when it blew over Kairu, her wounds stung like hell. She walked higher up into the mountains, and found a nice little spot with a view of the other mountains where she took a piece of the Pure Heart fruit she had in her bag that she brought with her to the meeting. She was planning on traveling the next day, so she wanted to prepare herself. But something, like a voice inside her head, told her that something like what happened would happen that night. So Kairu put some fruit in a bag and took it with her. As she sat eating, she pondered over why this happened. She then reached inside her shirt and pulled her necklace out. She held the charm in her hand. It was a large, red heart with swords all around it. The necklace was given to Kairu by her parents the day they left the village. She admired it for a moment, then tucked it back into her shirt. After she finished eating, she continued up the mountain. When she got to the top, she noticed that there was an opening in the mountain, just big enough for her to fit in.
 
Kairu began to walk into the opening, and into the mountain. When she came out of the other end of the opening, she looked around at the inside. The walls had many colors on it, and lit up the inside just enough for Kairu to see where she was going. She walked around inside the mountain, looking at everything. The walls all had the same colors on them, and it was a beautiful sight. Water was dripping from places on the wall and ceiling. Then, Kairu came to a large room inside the mountain that was different from the rest of the mountain. The room had all of the same colors on the walls, except that there was shadows on the wall, that appeared to be moving. Kairu stepped into the room some more, and admired the beauty of it. Just then, a deep voice of a man spoke up. "Welcome, I've been wondering when you'd come", the voice said. Kairu was startled by the voice, and looked around to see where it came from, but saw no one. "Who said that? Where are you?", Kairu said. "Do not be frightened, I won't hurt you. I'm here to offer you a choice", the voice said. "A choice? What choice?", Kairu asked. "You can come stay with me, I can take care of you. Or, you can stay here alone, where you're at risk of being found and killed by someone in your village", the voice said. Stay with him? I don't even know him, Kairu thought, and how'd he know about the village being against me?. "So what's it going to be? The choice is yours", the voice said. If I stay here, I will die, Kairu thought, I guess I have no choice but to leave and go wherever. "Okay, I've decided. I don't want to risk getting killed, I'll go with you", Kairu said. Then, the shadows on the wall began to grow darker and started to move around and split up. The shadows left the wall and gathered together in the middle of the room. After all the shadows gathered together, a big circle of darkness was formed. What is that?, Kairu thought. As if answering her question, the voice spoke again. "This will bring you to me. Come, step into the darkness and let it take you in", the voice instructed. Kairu hesitated for a moment, then walked onto the dark hole. It was like it wasn't there, as Kairu walked through it to the center of the hole. At the center, Kairu stood and waited. Then, the darkness moved over her legs and shot up on all sides and wrapped around her and pulled her down into it. When she was fully in, Kairu began to fall.
 
 
 
Down and down Kairu fell, deeper into the darkness. Kairu couldn't see anything, just darkness. She didn't know if she would ever hit the ground. She kept falling, until all of a sudden she hit the ground. The force from the ground hurt her wounds, and she cried out in pain. She sat up and looked around, but saw nothing. The room she was in was very dark, and there was no light source. "Where am I?", Kairu thought to herself. "Welcome to my home, you'll make a nice addition here", the voice spoke up, this time it was loud enough that Kairu thought the person was right in front of her. "You again, where are you?", Kairu asked. "I'm right here, in front of you", the voice said again. "Why can't I see you? Why is it so dark?", Kairu asked. "You should be used to it, you've been living in darkness all your life", the voice said. "Yes, but not this dark", Kairu said. "Would it make you happier if I was to show myself to you?", the voice asked. "Yes, that would be better", Kairu replied. Suddenly, a silhouette of a man started to form. It grew clearer and clearer until the man was well-seen. The sight of him almost made Kairu's heart stop beating. He was a tall man, very tall, with long, flowing white hair and his eyes were a firey amber color, the kind of eyes that could pierce your mind and control it. "Don't be alarmed, I may look frightening but I can be a very good gentleman", the man said. "Could I at least learn your name?", Kairu asked, feeling like she was frozen in place. "Forgive me, my name is Ansem", the man said, bowing politely. Kairu just stared up at Ansem, not knowing if she should speak or could even move. Ansem then walked up to her and held out his gloved hand. "Here, let me help you", he offered. Kairu hesitated, then realized she could move and reached up and took Ansem's hand. Ansem helped her up, and Kairu almost fell over again but didn't.
 
"I hope you enjoy it here, for I'm sure I'll enjoy having you here", Ansem said to Kairu with a smirk. "What do you mean by that?", Kairu asked. "Nothing, it's just I've been here by myself for some time, and I've never had company.", Ansem explained, turning around. Kairu just stood there, then the pain from her wounds came back and she winced from the pain. Ansem turned back around and saw the painful look on her face. "You've been badly injured, let me heal those wounds", Ansem said, placing a hand over Kairu and muttering "Curaga". A green aura sorrounded Kairu, and Kairu felt warm. After it disappeared, Kairu looked to see that her wounds were healed. "But how...?", Kairu asked, but Ansem's soft chuckle interrupted. "Healing spell, very useful. But who hurt you?", Ansem said. Kairu wondered if she should tell him, and decided she should. "The villagers, they beat on me. A wizard came into our village and said I was evil, but I'm not", Kairu explained. Ansem chuckled and leaned down and put his hand under her chin and lifted her head up so that Kairu was looking right at him. "What puzzles me is why they would hurt a girl as beautiful as yourself. But I have to admit, you do have a look of evil.", Ansem said. Kairu blushed a bit when Ansem told her she was beautiful, and looked down. "Well I.......really have no idea", she admitted, laughing a bit. Ansem saw the faint blush in her face and laughed some too, then turned around and started to walk away. He stopped mid-walk, and spoke. "By the way, I never learned your name, or should I call you pretty one?", Ansem said. "My name is....Kairu", Kairu replied, blushing a lot more from Ansem's words. Ansem then turned around and smiled. "Well then Kairu, welcome to your new life", he said.
 
 
To be continued....................
 
 
 
 
(A/N: And there we have it! The first chapter of my "Kingdom Hearts" fanfic. Please review so that I know how well or not well I did with this, and if I get some good reviews I'll write the other chapters. There'll be a bit of Kairu/Ansem love in later chapters, like maybe the next one ~_^)
 
So, if I get good reviews, next chapter is: A New Life