Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Another Reflection of Evil ❯ A New Life ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to all who reviewed! I'll take the advice you've given me, and I'm glad you enjoyed the 1st chapter! So, as you have requested, here's the 2nd chapter! Enjoy! Oh, and to the girl who told me that you make a new paragraph when someone speaks, I'm not so fond of doing that, as others do. You're right, but not everyone does that.
 
 
 
 
Kairu stood up, and looked around. "So, this is where I'll be living? Does this place have lights?", Kairu asked. "It does, but I'm not very fond of the light", Ansem answered, walking over to the windows and opening the curtains. Kairu was blinded by the light, for she wasn't expecting to see it so bright. "On second thought, a little less light would be better", Kairu said. "You read my mind completely", Ansem said, closing the curtains some. Kairu looked around again, since she could now see the room she was in. It was a nice room, with black painted walls and velvet curtains on the windows. There was even a queen-sized four-poster bed. "Whoa", Kairu whispered to herself. "Glad you enjoy it, I had a feeling you'd like it", Ansem said. Kairu stood in silence for a moment, admiring the room. When she finally snapped back to reality, she looked down at the ground. "Something wrong?", Ansem asked. Kairu looked up at him. "No, just thinking", Kairu answered truthfully, smiling sweetly. She then turned and walked to the window and looked outside. She was taken aback by the sight. "Where is this place?", Kairu questioned. "This is Hollow Bastion, my home. I visit here very rarely, because I always get sent back to the world I'm confined to", Ansem replied. Confined to?, Kairu thought, Is he.....a prisoner of his own world? Kairu shook off the thought.
 
 
She then looked down at herself, and realized her clothes had been torn from the beatings she had received. She then turned to Ansem. "Um...do you happen to have another set of clothes I could wear?", Kairu asked. "Sure, I think I could find you something", Ansem replied. He walked over to a closet and looked inside, his hair flowing behind him. Kairu stood by the window, humming to herself. Ansem walked back over, holding some clothes in his arms. "I hope these will do", Ansem said. "Yes, thank you", Kairu said, taking the clothes from Ansem. She was about to get ready to change, when she realized Ansem was still in the room with her. "Excuse me, but could you like....step out of the room for a couple minutes please?", Kairu asked politely. "Oh yes, my apologies", Ansem replied, turning and walking out of the room. Kairu blushed at the thought of almost changing in front of a man. She giggled silently to herself and began to change out of her torn clothes. The charm necklace fell out from her shirt, and slapped against Kairu's chest. Kairu flinched from the cold metal against her warm skin, and took the charm into her hand and held it. Something inside her told her she'd have to get used to this new life. When she finished changing, Kairu admired her new clothes in a mirror. She was wearing a light, black short-sleeved shirt, long black pants that flowed when she walked, a black vest that zipped up, and biker gloves. This is perfect, not too plain, not too outrageous, Kairu thought.
 
 
Kairu walked out of the room, curious as to how the rest of the place looked. She was in a long hallway, with doors on the right side of the hallway and the left. Trusting her instincts, Kairu started walking down the left side of the hallway, looking at the different paintings on the walls. This place looks fit for a royal family to live in, Kairu thought. Kairu continued down the hallway, and stopped only when she couldn't see where she was going anymore. "Great, more darkness. I must have come to a dead end, or a dead man zone", Kairu said to herself, backing up a bit. Just then, Kairu heard the sound of a door creaking behind her and turned around quickly. Silence. She stood, frozen in place. She looked around carefully, hoping nothing would leap out and attack her. Just then, Kairu felt strong arms wrap around her stomach. Kairu flinched in fear, and was about to scream when she heard soft chuckling. "Didn't mean to scare you", Ansem said. "Oh, it's just you", Kairu said. "Yes, just me. I was wondering where my little explorer ran off to", Ansem said. "Well, you found her", Kairu said. "That I did", Ansem said. "Now, could you please let me go?", Kairu asked. "But why? I always hold onto my dearest possessions", Ansem said teasingly. "I am not a possession, thank you very much", Kairu said, removing Ansem's arms from her. Ansem only chuckled softly to himself. "But now that you're here, I have something to be scared about", Kairu teased. Ansem looked down at her in shock, but then saw the amused look on Kairu's face. "You're something else Kairu, you know that? Come with me, I know everything in this place", Ansem said. "But why should I come with you? I could find my way on my own", Kairu said. "Yes, but I wouldn't want you to get killed by the creatures in dark corners", Ansem teased. Kairu blushed, and growled in defeat. "Touché, little one", Ansem said. "Stop treating me like a damn child", Kairu growled under her breath. "Ooh, the little one gets defensive", Ansem said. "I'll give you defensive", Kairu muttered. "What was that?", Ansem asked. "Nothing", Kairu lied.
 
 
Kairu walked up beside Ansem, who was waiting for her. They started walking together, Ansem being dangerously close to Kairu. Kairu looked up at Ansem out of the corner of her eye, and noticed that he stood a good foot and a couple inches over her. I guess I really am the little one, Kairu thought, looking back down at the floor. Ansem looked down at Kairu and smiled. "You know, you don't have to keep looking at the floor. I'm not that bad-looking, am I?", Ansem asked. Kairu looked up and giggled softly. "No, I've seen worse", Kairu said with a smirk, looking at Ansem, "Much worse". "You know, you're just a little tease, aren't you?", Ansem asked, putting his arm on Kairu's shoulder. Kairu didn't mind this, she thought it was actually comforting. "You have no idea", Kairu replied. "Well I must admit something", Ansem started, and then grabbed Kairu with his other hand and pulled her in front of him, and very close to him. He put his arms around her and looked straight into Kairu's eyes. Kairu looked up at Ansem in shock, for this was unexpected. "I really don't like people who tease", Ansem admitted in a seductive voice. Kairu took a few minutes to get this into her head, and she felt something inside her start to laugh. "You're...scaring me again Ansem", Kairu admitted. Ansem laughed. "I'm so sorry, I won't say those things to you ever again", Ansem said, winking. He let her go, and Kairu got over her shock. Okay, grabbed twice by the attractive man today, when am I....wait a minute! Did I just call him attractive? No! I am SO losing it! Oh Gods, get a hold of yourself Kairu!, Kairu thought to herself, blushing.
 
 
Ansem noticed the blush in her face and smirked playfully. "What are you thinking about sweetie?", Ansem said playfully. "Nothing, nothing at all", Kairu lied. "Oh, so you're blushing for nothing, is that right?", Ansem asked. "Listen, I don't have to tell you everything", Kairu said. "It would be nice if you did", Ansem said. Kairu stopped walking. "Dammit, what the hell are you trying to do?! I will not tell you every damn thing that goes on in my life, okay? So just drop it, and cut it with the bullshit compliments!", Kairu yelled. "Okay okay, Gods I was trying to make conversation, no need to get all bitchy on me", Ansem said. Kairu sighed. "Sorry, I got carried away", Kairu admitted. "Happens to the best of us, no worries", Ansem said, patting Kairu on the back. After a few minutes of walking, Kairu decided to ask the question that she had been dying to ask. "You said you were confined to your own world, why? Who trapped you in your world?", Kairu asked. She looked up at Ansem, and saw that Ansem had a very angry look in his eyes. Now Kairu was truly afraid. "Forget I mentioned it, you don't have to answer", Kairu said. Ansem sighed. "It's okay, it's just that I don't really like to talk about it. It happened so long ago", Ansem said. "I see", Kairu said. Another few minutes went by, and Kairu and Ansem reached a library. "Whoa, look at all these books, you must love to read", Kairu said. "Yeah, I like to study things", Ansem said. "Oh, so am I another one of your studies?", Kairu asked. "If you want to be, I have no problem with that", Ansem said. "You wish", Kairu said with a laugh. "I may get my wish soon then", Ansem said with a smile. "Dream on love, dream on", Kairu told Ansem. "The doors there lead outside, go out and look around if you wish", Ansem said. "Okay cool, oh and Ansem?", Kairu said. "Yes?", Ansem asked. "Thanks for letting me stay", Kairu replied, and without thinking she went up to Ansem and hugged him. Ansem was surprised at this action, but went along with it. Kairu let him go when she realized what she was doing, and blushed. She turned and ran to the doors, feeling like a little child. Ansem watched her go, and just shook his head and smiled.
 
 
Kairu went outside and looked around, admiring the view from Hollow Bastion. She looked over and saw her village in view. She frowned, and looked down at the ground. Guess I can never travel again, since I'll risk losing my life if I go through my village, Kairu thought. She sighed and decided to go back inside. She turned and walked back through the doors into the library again. Kairu looked up, but there was no sign of Ansem anywhere. She called out to him. "Ansem? Where are you?", Kairu called, walking around looking for him. "I'm over here", Ansem called back. "Where is here?", Kairu called. "Walk forward some", Ansem instructed. Kairu began walking straight, passing rows and rows of bookcases. "Okay, now turn down that hallway", Kairu heard Ansem say. Kairu turned and began walking down the hallway she came to. "Okay, now where are you?", Kairu asked. There was only silence. "C'mon now, don't play around", Kairu said. She felt a tap on her shoulder, and she turned around. "Hey there", Ansem said when Kairu saw him. "Hi there", Kairu said, smiling. "I want to show you something, that is if you want to see it", Ansem said. "See what?", Kairu asked. "I want you to see the inside of my bedroom", Ansem joked. "What?!", Kairu exclaimed. "Kidding! I actually want you to see the world I'm........trapped in", Ansem offered. "Very well, I'll come see it", Kairu said. Ansem nodded. "Follow me then", he said, turning and walking away. Kairu followed him, wherever he was going.
 
 
Ansem led Kairu through a hallway to a room. Inside, Ansem stood in the center of the room. "Well?", Kairu asked. "I was just waiting for you", Ansem said. He stuck his arms out towards the ground and started chanting something in a language Kairu couldn't understand. When he finished, Kairu saw that a green, glowing circle had formed into the floor. "What's that?", Kairu asked. "A warp point, this will take you to the world where I actually live at", Ansem told Kairu. Kairu nodded. "After I enter, you just step on this and you will be transported to the world", Ansem said. "Okay then", Kairu said. Ansem then walked onto the warp point and was instantly teleported away. Kairu hesitated for a few minutes after Ansem left, but then walked onto the warp point as well. The point glowed brightly, and Kairu felt herself being teleported away.
 
 
Kairu landed gently on the ground. She looked around at where she was, and was in awe. It was an island, but it had purple plants growing out of the trees. There was a huge gap in the trees at one section. Kairu then saw Ansem, he was standing on the edge of a cliff, that had looked like it was broken up by an earthquake. Kairu stepped down until she was on the ground where Ansem was. She walked over to Ansem, who was looking out and had his arms crossed over his chest. Kairu looked out to where Ansem was looking. "Those people, they trapped me here. Thought I was crazy, so now I live here. I once lived in Hollow Bastion, I ruled it. But now I'm trapped here, and I can never go back", Ansem explained. Kairu listened, and looked down. I'm just like him now, I can't go back to my home either, Kairu thought.
 
 
Ansem looked down and saw Kairu's sad face. He patted her on the back for comfort. "Don't worry about me, worry about yourself", Ansem told Kairu. Kairu looked up at Ansem. "I'm sorry, I just feel bad. I'm stuck here, and I can't go back to my village, just like how you can't go back and live in Hollow Bastion", Kairu said. "That isn't so bad, but if you want, you can go out traveling again", Ansem said. "Really? I can, I mean you'll let me?", Kairu asked in excitement. Ansem laughed. "Yes, I'll let you go out traveling. Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier", Ansem started. "What is it?", Kairu asked. "I'm kind of a mind reader", Ansem confessed. "What?! You've been reading my mind? What have you heard?!", Kairu asked out of shock. "Don't worry, I haven't heard too much. But when you want to talk to me while you're traveling, talk to me with your thoughts and I'll hear you", Ansem explained. "Okay, thank you", Kairu said, bowing slightly. Kairu turned and started to run off. "Kairu, wait", Ansem called. Kairu stopped, and looked back at Ansem. "You'll need something to protect yourself with", Ansem said, holding out his left arm. A green light emitted from Ansem's hand, and in a flash a sword appeared in his hand. "Take this", Ansem said, throwing the sword to Kairu. Kairu jumped, and caught the sword by the handle.
 
 
She examined it. It was a black sword, with silver lines going down the blade, which had a heart symbol on it. "Thanks, very much", Kairu said. "It's my gift to you", Ansem said. "Ansem, I have a question. If you're trapped here, how can you get to Hollow Bastion?", Kairu asked. "I found a way out, that's all", Ansem replied. Kairu nodded. "Oh, and before you leave, I must tell you something else", Ansem said. Ansem then started to levitate into the air. This surprised Kairu. Ansem levitated over by Kairu, and landed next to her. "In your travels, you might come across a boy traveling with two royal servants, being a duck and a dog. They have been giving me a lot of trouble, so keep watch for them", Ansem explained. Kairu nodded. "Oh, and another thing. There's another boy, he's about your age and has silver hair, protect him.", Ansem said. "You have my word", Kairu said. Ansem nodded and patted Kairu on the shoulder. "Oh, now I just remembered. I can't go through Hollow Bastion when I'm traveling, or else I'll have to go through my village", Kairu said, looking down. "Yes, that is a problem. But lucky for you, there's good news. There's many warp points within this place here, take one and you will be transported to another world, away from Hollow Bastion", Ansem explained. "Okay then, oh and one more question, what is this place?", Kairu asked. "This, is the End of the World", Ansem replied. "Got it, End of the World, thank you. I'll be sure to give you information when I get it", Kairu said, running off. Such a sweet girl, Ansem thought, she will definitely be useful to me.
 
 
Kairu walked along the island looking for warp points. She found one that interested her, and took it. She was instantly teleported to another world, one that would begin her travels.
 
 
 
Kairu landed safely on the ground. She looked around to see where she had come to, and saw that she was outside of a city. And it really WAS a city, for it had skyscrapers, and all kinds of buildings and such. Kairu walked into the city, looking around at all of the sights. Kairu then heard the sounds of people struggling, things crashing, and people cursing. Kairu ran over to see what was wrong. She saw a group of men moving boxes into what looked like a shop. There were two men carrying the boxes, and the group brought the boxes in. One of the men that was carrying boxes was a tall, muscular man and the other was a thin, weak-looking man. Kairu watched, and saw that the weak-looking man was struggling with a box and ended up dropping it on the ground. The muscular man started shouting at the other and cursing. Kairu decided she'd be the weaker man's hero today. Kairu walked over to where the men were. "Need some help?", Kairu asked. The men looked at her for a minute, then the muscular man spoke up. "Sure, you can help. This one here keeps breaking things, and if that continues there won't be anything to sell in this shop", he said. "I'm sorry sir, but those boxes are way too heavy to carry. You have them filled with dozens of Potions and Hi-Potions that I can't carry them", the weaker man said. "Ah, quit yer whining, go take a break. This girl'll help more than you can", the muscular one said. Kairu just stood smiling, feeling sorry for the weaker man.
 
 
"Carry these boxes in, and be careful not to drop them", the muscular man told Kairu. "I'll try", Kairu said. She picked up a box, and it was indeed heavy, but Kairu was able to carry it in. After all of the boxes were inside, Kairu sat down to rest. "Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help", the muscular man said. "I'm glad to help", Kairu said. "By the way, what's your name anyway?", the muscular one asked. "Sorry, my name's Kairu", Kairu answered. "Glad to meet you, I'm Cid", the man said. "Hey, didn't you used to own a shop in Transverse Town?", Kairu asked. "I did yeah, but I had to close it down because some other shop was being put in and they had no more buildings to put stock in, so I moved my shop here.", Cid explained. "I see, oh and do you know what the name of this city is?", Kairu asked. Cid laughed. "Well, I wouldn't call this a city, but this here is Twilight Town", Cid replied. Twilight Town, cool, Kairu thought. "Where'd you come from anyways? Do you live in this town?", Cid asked. "Nah, I actually used to live in a village outside Hollow Bastion. But I decided to do some traveling", Kairu replied. It was a lie, but not a complete one. "You traveled here all the way from there?! Wow, you must love traveling", Cid said. "Yeah, I really do", Kairu said with a smile. "I'm going to have to find some place to stay here, since I've traveled so far", Kairu said. "I believe there's a hotel building just over yonder, they'll probably rent ya a room", Cid said. "Thanks so much, I'll be on my way then. It was nice meeting you, and you're very welcome for my help", Kairu said, bowing slightly. She walked out of the shop towards the hotel, not knowing that three travelers were already on their way to the town.
 
 
And there we have it! Chapter 2! Again, thanks to all who reviewed Chapter 1, I really appreciate it. Sora and the others will be appearing in the next chapter, so be ready! Oh, and a note for Ansem's OOCness, don't get used to it! Ansem may be nice now, but he won't stay that way for long!
 
 
Next chapter is: New Friends, Traveling Once Again