Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Another Reflection of Evil ❯ New Friends, Traveling Once Again ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Finally, I have gotten over enough drama to be inspired to write this chapter. It's been too long, I missed writing this so much. So here it is, the 3rd chapter! This chapter takes place 4 days after the 2nd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Darkness, she's running through darkness. A light begins to shine through the darkness, much to the girl's relief. A room appears, and she walks into it. Looking around, she sees purple walls that are changing shape, distorted walls at that. “Is this……some sort of prison?”, she thought, walking through the room some more. There's no windows, just purple, distorted walls.
 
“Where am I? Something doesn't feel right here….”, the girl said aloud. Just then, crying is heard in the distance. It is a woman, and the girl looks toward the sound of the woman's crying. She sees the woman's distant figure, and runs towards her, the figure of the woman growing clearer as she gets closer. The woman has an appearance of a shadow, she appears to be nothing more than black, like someone splashed paint on the floor. The girl stops near the woman, and listens to her crying. “Are….you okay?”, she asks the woman. The woman, obviously not hearing her, ignores her. Then the girl listens closely, for it's not crying she hears now. The woman…..is laughing. Yes, evil laughter is heard from the woman's mouth. It starts soft, then grows louder, until it's so loud, it's disturbing. Arms now sprout forth from the black figure, as the woman stands. The back of her head is seen. White hair, short white hair is all that's seen. The woman leans her head back some, and speaks in an evil voice. “Soon…..soon my child, I will escape. He will need me once more, and I will escape from this wretched confinement and take my revenge. Soon………I will take my place as the true ruler of these lands!”, the woman yells out, turning towards the girl behind her. The room grows darker, flashes of blue and green light are seen, and the girl is blinded by this. The last thing the girl can see, is piercing white eyes and a devilishly evil smirk, one that could freeze a man's heart for all eternity.
 
Kairu then awakens in her bed with a start. She pants, gasping for breath as a cold sweat washes over her forehead and body. “That nightmare……it's worse than before“, she says aloud, her eyes widened. She sighs, lying back in her bed. Kairu stared at the ceiling of the hotel room she was in. She had to convince the clerk to let her stay. She had no place to go. Turning towards the window, Kairu looked outside at the lights shining from the town. It must still be late, I'd better go back to sleep. I need my strength for tomorrow, I'm going on my journey, she thought. With a yawn, Kairu turned on her side and fell back into a deep sleep.
 
 
The next day, during mid-morning, three travelers were wandering towards Twilight Town. A boy of 15 with spiky light brown hair, wearing black clothes and carrying a sword shaped like a key, and two royal servants. “Gosh, how much longer till we get to town?”, one of the servants asked. “I can see the town straight ahead, we're almost there Goofy”, the boy replied. ““Yeah, so quit your whining”, the other servant snapped. The one called Goofy just looked down. After a few minutes, the travelers arrived in the town. They all looked around, admiring the sights. “Whoa….awesome. Look at this place, it's just…..cool”, the boy commented. “Yeah….cool”, the servant, the duck named Donald, added. Goofy then looked ahead, and jumped up in surprise. “Sora, Donald, look! It's a shop! Let's go get some supplies”, Goofy exclaimed, pointing towards Cid's shop. Sora and Donald looked in the direction Goofy was pointing at. Sora just laughed. “We're in luck! We were running out of Potions anyways. Let's go stock up”, Sora said, walking towards the shop. Donald and Goofy followed, and they entered the shop.
 
 
Cid was standing at the counter, sorting various items. “Cid! Hey there, what're you doing here?”, Sora called with a smile. Cid looked up, hearing Sora's voice and grinned. “Sora, Donald, Goofy! Good to see you! How've you been?”, Cid replied. “We've been great! We were just passing through and decided to stock up. We're running out on Potions you see”, Sora explained. “Ah, I see. There's a new stock in today, so you can buy as much as you need. As for why I'm here, I got kicked out of my shop in Transverse Town. Seems they don't like an Al Bhed working in their peaceful town”, Cid explained, adding a trace of sarcasm. “That's too bad, I'm sorry to hear that”, Sora said, his expression going sad. Cid just laughed and waved it off. “Ah, don't think much of it. I've already met people passing by, and they seem to accept me here. I even got help, I'm fitting right in”, Cid said proudly, giving a thumbs up. Sora giggled a bit, and proceeded to buy the Potions he needed, along with a few Hi-Potions and other items he thought might be needed.
 
As they exited the shop, Sora, Donald and Goofy noticed that the people of the town were coming out onto the streets. They saw kids chasing each other and playing catch with a blitz ball. Some adults were seen conversing near the clock tower, while a group of ladies were entering a clothing shop. “The people here sure are busy”, Donald commented. Sora had to agree, and nodded. Just then, the blitz ball the kids had been playing with bounced over to Sora, hitting him in the ankle. Sora looked down, and picked up the ball. A little girl came up to him. ““Excuse me mister, but that's our ball. Sorry about that, but it wasn't my fault! It was his!”, the girl said, pointing at a boy. ““Was not! You just can't catch!”, the boy called back. The girl and boy started to argue, and the other kids decided to join in. Sora sweat dropped, putting on a nervous smile. “Guys, it's okay. You can have your ball back”, Sora said, and the kids went quiet. He threw the ball to the girl, and she caught it. “Thanks mister!”, she called out, running towards the other kids. Goofy happened to notice a boy staring at them, but he looked away. They began to walk away, when the girl came running up to them again. “Excuse me! Sorry, but my friend wanted me to ask this””, she began, turning towards Donald and Goofy. “Aren't you two King Mickey's servants?”, the girl asked. Donald grinned, and pointed at himself. “Yep!”, he replied. “That's us!”, Goofy added. Other townspeople had heard the girl's question, and hearing that answer, they began to whisper to each other. Pretty soon, they started gathering around Sora, Donald and Goofy, pointing at them and whispering. Sora, Donald, and Goofy just looked around at everyone with nervous looks on their faces.
 
 
Meanwhile, Kairu was walking out of the hotel, calling out a thanks to the clerk. She walked down the steps, pulling her sword from it's sheath and swung it in front of her, then held it at her side. Just then, a couple of kids ran past her, and Kairu caught what they were saying. “Did you hear? King Mickey's servants are in the town!”, a boy said to another boy. “No way!”, the other boy replied. Kairu blinked, and looked toward the direction of where the kids were running. She chuckled to herself. “Guess I'd better see what's up”, she said aloud and walked towards all the commotion. Back in front of Cid's shop, Sora and the others were growing frantic. “This is bad! There's no way for us to make a run for it”, Goofy said nervously. “We'll make it through, at least I hope so…”, Sora reassured. Donald looked around, trying to find an escape route, but had no luck. The townspeople moved closer to them, until they were almost backed against the shop. Just then, a voice called out from the crowd. “What's going on here?”, a girl's voice called, and the townspeople looked back to see who had spoken. People parted away as Kairu stepped forward, her sword at her side. She looked over at Sora, Donald and Goofy and just smiled. “So…this is what's causing the scene. Is it true that you guys are with King Mickey?”, she asked. Donald and Goofy just nodded, scared from Kairu's appearance. “What of it?”, Sora asked, putting on a serious face. Kairu looked at Sora and just laughed. “You guys are amusing! Here, let me help out”, Kairu said, turning towards the crowd. “You all know that these guys work for King Mickey. Now why do you have to scare them like that? Give them space guys, welcome them into the town. Don't make them feel uncomfortable”, she announced. The crowd was silent for a moment, then began to split up, walking away and talking amongst themselves. Kairu scratched the back of her head as they all walked away, turning towards the others.
 
 
Sora was questioning himself in his mind. Who was this girl? Why did she look so evil? Is she a villain? No, it can't be. She helped us out, she can't be that bad. “You guys are lucky I came around when I did, you guys probably would've been mauled to death”, Kairu said, looking at each of them. Sora scratched the back of his head nervously, and then spoke up. “You're right, thanks for that”, he said. Kairu nodded. “No problem”, she said. Sora was silent for a minute, then finally spoke up again. "You don't look like you're from around here. Are you a traveler?", he asked. Kairu looked at him, nodding. "Indeed I am, it's a long story but I've just decided to travel out on my own", she replied, not wanting to go into detail about her banishment.
 
 
"So you're on your own huh?", Sora asked as Kairu showed him, Goofy, and Donald around Twilight Town, since the others haven't been in the town in so long. "Yeah, I felt the need to travel on my own for a change. But I manage, this town has been good to me. Gave me a place to stay while I was traveling", Kairu replied. "How long have you been here?", Sora asked. "About....4 days I think", Kairu answered, looking up at the sky in thought. "4 days...away from home", she said to herself quietly. "Hmm?", Donald had said at last. "Nothing, just thinking. And it's about time you spoke up, I was worried you two were afraid of me. Luckily this one trusts me", Kairu replied, pointing towards Sora and laughing. Sora chuckled, grinning happily. "I'm Sora by the way, who are you?", Sora said. "Oh, forgive me. I'm Kairu", Kairu replied. "Nice to meet you Kairu!", Sora said with another grin.
 
 
"So if I had to guess, you're Goofy?", Kairu said, pointing towards Goofy. "Uh-huh", Goofy replied. "So you must be....Donald!", Kairu said, looking towards Donald. "That'd be me!", Donald replied. Kairu chuckled, smiling. "I've only heard about King Mickey from rumors and such, but I hear he's really great", Kairu said. "He's as good as they say. Helped us out a lot during these times", Sora replied. They walked on, then decided to have a seat on the steps to the hotel. "So, what brings you three to this lovely town anyways?", Kairu asked. "We're on a journey to find my island. I was taken away from it a couple years ago....I want to return there, it's my home. And I heard a...friend of mine had been seen around here. I want to find him as well", Sora replied, looking down with a sad expression. 'He lost his home.....just like me', Kairu thought. She couldn't help but feel what Sora was feeling, all alone.
 
 
Sora, Donald and Goofy had decided to spend the afternoon in Twilight Town, where they could mingle with the townspeople and hear stories from Kairu. As evening fell upon the town and the lights began to shine, Sora took the time to admire the town. "I forgot how nice this place was, I should return one day", he said to himself. "Donald, Goofy, we should get going. He's not here, so we'll have to continue on", Sora said as he turned to look at the spoken two. "Do we have to? I like this town", Goofy replied. "Yeah...", Donald added. "We'll come back one day, count on it", Sora said cheerfully. "Where will you go?", Kairu asked, jumping down from the ledge she was sitting on. "We're going to visit the other worlds, we need to find that someone and the key to finding my island", Sora replied.
 
 
'To see the other worlds.....that's what I want to do. But it's also what Ansem wants me to do, and he DID say I should keep an eye on these three, since they fit the description of the ones he mentioned. Might as well ask', Kairu thought. She snapped out of thought as she spoke up. "Hey listen, do you think I could possibly come on your journey with you? I'm kind of searching for something myself, and I'd like to see these other worlds as well. And don't worry about my safety, I've taken on Heartless before. I can hold my own in a fight", Kairu said, pointing towards her sword. Sora blinked, while the others looked at each other. Sora thought about it for a few minutes, then smiled. "Sure, why not? We could always use an extra member on our team. Of course you can come along with us", Sora replied. Kairu beamed, and she felt like hugging Sora, but held back the temptation. "Thanks guys, I promise I won't let you down", Kairu said proudly. Sora just nodded, as Donald and Goofy grinned. "Welcome to our team Kairu", Sora said.
 
 
"So...what world are we visiting first?", Kairu asked as she walked out of Twilight Town with the others. "Not sure...we should think about it on our way to the Gummi Ship", Sora replied. 'Gummi Ship...?', Kairu thought. There were some things Kairu was just going to have to learn. She continued on with the others as they walked along a path in the moonlit night. Twilight Town faded from their vision as they got farther and farther away. They continued onwards until all of a sudden, Goofy dropped to his knees. "I'm tired guys...maybe we should rest for the night", he whined. "It's not much further, we can make it if we hurry", Sora said. Goofy just whined again. Kairu stopped walking and turned towards Goofy. "I think Goofy's right, we should rest for the night. It's kinda late, and I think we could all use the rest. Who knows, we might have to face Heartless soon", she said.
 
Sora turned towards Kairu and Goofy, then nodded. "Okay, we'll rest. But we head out first thing tomorrow, okay?", Sora replied. Kairu and Goofy both nodded. Sora set out on gathering weeds and some sticks lying on the ground nearby, while Donald started a fire with his magic. Kairu was amazed to see this, she hadn't witnessed magic before. As they were all relaxing and talking, Kairu suddenly heard a voice in her head. "Kairu...", the voice spoke. Kairu looked around, but saw no one anywhere. Then, the voice spoke again. "Kairu....I must speak with you", it said. By this time, Kairu recognized the voice as belonging to Ansem. Kairu sighed a bit, then stood up. The others looked at her questioningly. "I'm going to go over there for a minute, to look at the scenery. Be back soon", Kairu said with a smile, walking off. She walked over to a small clearing, where she knew she wouldn't be overheard. She then stood in place, and spoke aloud. "Okay My Lord, what is it you request of me?", Kairu said in mock praise. Ansem's small laugh rang out in her head, and Kairu twitched. "I request nothing of you my dear, but of to check on your progress. I see you've met the three I told you about", Ansem said. "Yes, I have. And I'm keeping my watch on them, like you told me", Kairu replied. "Good, I'm glad. Continue to do that, I'll be checking up on you", Ansem said. "Hearing your voice inside my head is a little uneasy. I probably won't get used to it, lest others think I'm crazy for talking to myself", Kairu said with a bit of sarcasm, crossing her arms. "If that's the case, I should think you'd come back to me again come tomorrow. I have a strong feeling you'll get separated from the group", Ansem replied in a low voice, and he faded out of Kairu's mind. "Dammit", Kairu whispered to herself. She sighed and turned and walked back towards the group, who were all sleeping peacefully. Kairu just found a spot to relax, and closed her eyes. Kairu didn't know she was just a pawn in Ansem's evil little game, and it was just about to begin.