Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 2

After that tidbit of information I felt my stomach drop. Thankfully, Cloud came in after that and he shooed Vincent out. The whole time we had been talking, Cloud was getting me clothes. He had said it's so I don't stick out. Which makes perfect sense. My pants and long-sleeved shirt would be a clear sign. The shirt merely has our crest in red on the black material. The pants however, have red swirls trailing down the sides. This is the outfit of a prince...a vampire prince.

To replace them I'm given dark blue jeans that hand loosely on my hips. The shirt is pure black with a smile, resembling the ones used on the Internet, that is bearing fangs. It's all in deep crimson with the words "bite me" on the back. The second I slip it over my head Cloud chuckles. I had forgotten he was even in the room.

"The shirt fits you."

I'm not sure whether he means because I have fangs too or the fact that it's form fitting. At that second Vincent steps back into the room.

Apparently I get no privacy!

Almost instantly his grim frown is pulled up into smirk. I narrow my eyes at him, "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing at all. Cloud, we need to go meet up with him."

"Where are you going?"

Vincent turns his back to me, "It's to gather more information from my source. You are to stay in the house. Especially since there's that hunter to worry about."

Cloud follows him down the stairs and after a minute I hear the door lock shut.

How boring...it's as if I can't defend myself!

Moving to the window I pull back the heavy midnight curtains. Peering out into the night a deep longing swallows all reason inside of me. I flick the lock and shove the window up. Dangling my legs, I check for prying eyes. Sensing none I release my hold on the window pane and fall to the ground. Standing up from the crouch I had landed in, I brush my jeans off before walking out into the city.

Turning into the vacant playground I lean against one of the swing-set's legs. That's when out of the corner of my eye I see a cloaked figure. As it comes closer I let my muscles tense. A deep scratchy voice gurgles up from the man's throat, "Want to come make some money?"

"Take a hike."

Ignoring me completely the man reaches out to grab me. A long pale skinny finger taps on his shoulder.

The injured guy crawls away and I look up to identify the hero of the night. A reverse violet teardrop rests under each glimmering emerald orb. A triumphant smirk sits on his countenance. Mr. Hero runs a hand through the cascading red spikes that fall a little past his shoulders. He wears tight dark jeans, slim inky boots, and a shirt just as black as the night around us with curling crimson flames around the bottom.

"So where's my reward shorty?"

"Excuse me but I can handle myself just fine. I'm not a damsel in distress."

"From my point of view, you were."

"Whatever." Swiveling around I start back to the exit, now regretting sneaking out.

"My name's Lea. What's yours?"

"Ienzo."

"That's an odd name but who's isn't right?"

That could've been the end. Everyone knows the princes' names, not their appearance. I have to be cautious. I don't know how much these people truly know.

"Have you ever been to the vampires' side?"

The red head laughs, "Of course not. We're not allowed ever since our "assassination attempt failed"." Keeping a blank expression I continue on my way, all the time with my back to him. Due to his long legs, Lea catches up to me easily. "What about you Ienzo, have you met one of them?"

"No."

"Do you want to?"

"Sure, do you?" I stop in my tracks and turn back to the halted man.

An ashen hand clasps my shoulder, "I thought I told you to stay in your room. You're just as bad as any other teen."

Shit...if I tell Vincent I snuck out...okay don't want to think about that. This human could possibly make a good excuse though.

"I was helping Lea from this guy."

Vincent glares at the lanky figure in front. "Is this true?"

Lea's face lights back up, "Yup, we've become good friends right Ienzo?" I roll my eyes but nod to add to the effect.

"Fine but we need to get back Ienzo." Vincent states, stressing my alias, and spinning us into the direction of home.

Lea sheaths his hands into his pockets, "Hey, I'll see you tomorrow right?"

Not giving me a chance to answer, Vincent tilts his head over his shoulder, "Of course you will."

Strolling back to the house I keep my mouth shut. However, the second the door clicks behind us I let out a low growl. "What are you up to Vincent?"

"Obtaining you a source of power. That human will be perfect."

"You're crazy you know that? Why do I need to get back super fast anyway? W-What if I don't want to go back."

To live a peaceful life here in the human's domain would be a blessing despite the fact that I would indeed be terribly lonely...I wouldn't even be granted my annoying brother's company.

"Luxord has informed me that Riku has gone missing. But the difference is that he's being hunted by fellow vampires."

"I don't understand. Why would they do this? He's still a prince after all."

Vincent sighs and lets his tall frame slump into a chair. "It has become a great scandal Zexion. Your brother has run off with a human and not just any at that. But one of the hunters which tried to take both your lives."

Why would Riku do this? Does he care that much for another person...a human even. To risk one's life just to find a deeply satisfying happiness that could kill you in the end, is it worth it? Can love be that important?

My boot connects with the bottom step, "Leave me be. I'll be up tomorrow night."

Crashing down onto the mattress I bury my face into my pillow. A brief knock sounds before the end of my bed sinks down. Peaking out from the fabric I spot Cloud's pants.

"So you don't want to go back. Is it because you're afraid? Or is it because if you went back, Riku would be priority number one?"

Every muscle tenses at his keep insight into my thoughts. "Don't worry Vincent won't force you. But if you are going to stay here-"

"I will go back...the second I've gained this mortal's trust."

"You have my support...I stocked the dresser and closets full of clothes while you were gone."

Not another word is said as Cloud disappears back downstairs. Turning on my back I stare at the ceiling. Outside remains pitch black as midnight strikes. Since I'm of royal blood, power curses through me.

It wouldn't hurt to just stay outside my window. Technically I'm still here.

Crawling out the window I summon an illusion of myself onto the bed. I leave it cracked and jump out onto the branch of a large tree on the side of the house. Relaxing against the trunk I let out a sigh.

It's nice nonetheless to sit in the night. Even if I'm in the other part of the world. I love how the darkness curls around and cloaks me. It's a good thing Cloud turned my light out. Otherwise I'd be easily seen in this tree.

"Yo, what are you doing up there?" Mentally cursing I ignore the voice hidden by shadows, that I can't see from my view point, and slide along the branch in an attempt to slip back into my bedroom. "Come on Ienzo it's just me. I won't tell anyone you were out again." Sighing I give into Lea's pleas to shut him up so Vincent and Cloud don't hear. Angling myself opposite of the house I plan to act like a normal person and climb down the tree. I'm good at being more vampire than my human side. Missing the secure foothold I had felt out I fall from the limb I desperately try to grasp.

Thin yet muscled arms wrap around my knees and shoulders, preventing me from touching the ground. Chuckling softly, his melodious voice eases my throbbing muscles. "Damn Ienzo, you really are a damsel in distress. I'm gonna start charging."

"Who said I'd hire you?" I shoot back at him, angered by the witty remark.

Lea pouts down at me, "Ouch. That hurt yo."

Relaxing into his arms I merely exhale the breath I'd been holding in. "I'm kidding, don't take it personally."

An electric grin leaps back to life onto his face as he puts me back onto the ground. "Aren't you going to get in trouble again by that scary dude?"

I chuckle myself, "No that was Vincent and I won't as long as you stay quiet." Lea nods. "Now that I think of it, why are you here?"

"Oh, I wanted to know when I'm suppose to see you again. At least that's what that Vincent said."
I step closer to the trunk of the tree. "Come by tomorrow at nightfall and I'll let you give me a tour of the city."

"Alright see you then. Try not to fall out of the tree alright?"

As his darkened shape rounds the corner of the house I can't help but feel like a monster.

This is the guy who's life I'm going to take. But if I can save two at the price of one...I deem it necessary. Riku loves that hunter so I'll have to save him too. I'll worry about it further when the time comes.

Inhaling a deep cleansing breath I focus my attention on the task before me. Pushing off the ground I bolt through the branches and arrive into my room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dressed in jet-black jeans and an equally colored shirt, I slip my boots back on and run my hand through my hair. "Breakfast is read!" calls Cloud from the kitchen below. I slip down the stairs to spot Vincent and Cloud glaring at each other from opposite sides of the room. Cloud hands me a glass before disappearing to his own room.

"What's wrong?"

Vincent sighs and sips at his own cup of blood. "It's nothing for you to worry about."

"I live here too."

His mouth opens to either confess or snap another retort at me when the doorbell rings. Silent introductions are exchanged as I place my empty mug in the sink. Ready to get out of this place I walk out of the kitchen. Lea relaxes as I scoot in front of the blonde and usher us out the door which I slam behind me.

Stares come from whoever we pass as we make our way, side-by-side, down into the city. We must look odd together considering how we look.

"You hungry Ienzo?"

"No."

"Well where do you want to go first?"

"You're favorite place here."

The coming moonlight makes his eyes dance like real gems as he smiles down at me. The next thing I know we're idling across the street to a club bustling with all ages starting at about 18. Nervous as can be I attempt to stall his choice. "A club?"

"Yeah, you ever been to one?" I mutter a "no" and he chuckles, "So do you know how to dance or at least pick someone up?" I cast my eyes to the cement and refuse to answer his prying question. "Don't worry just watch and learn." Reluctantly I follow him over to the bouncer, completely ignoring all the people in line. "Hey Lexaeus, long time no see."

The burly auburn haired man turns his attention to Lea. "I thought you were going to visit your brother."

"Didn't get a chance, there was this huge uproar about those princes."
"I heard about it. Maybe next time."

"So can we slide in?"

"'Course." Lexaeus motions for us to go ahead but stops me before I can go any further. "Sorry kid only adults."

Infuriated at the remark I refuse to lose it. "I'm nineteen thank you."

His silent reply is complete rejection. However, Lea returns just in time. "Ienzo's with me Lexy." Fingers curl around my wrist and yank me through the doors. Pulling me around the crowd he stops at a far wall. "You sure you don't want to get out there."

"Positive. I'll be right here observing."

The tall man shrugs and pushes himself into the dancing mob. Neon lights flash on his ashen skin as he gains a female partner. Lea swings to the booming techno blaring through the speakers and he seems to hypnotize me. Only seeing him I don't even realize that someone's talking to me, until a drink is shoved into my hands. Confused I glance up to see a built man with fluffed light pink hair. A sweet smile misleads will blue eyes hold another purpose.

"You looked parched. My name's Marluxia."

He taps the bottom of the glass and it meets my lips. Taking a gulp I catch Marluxia's suppose-to-be-sneaky glance to a blonde with strands sticking up like antenna. Her acid green orbs fixate onto Lea and she saunters over to him. A hand grabs my arm but I still try to move toward Lea. It doesn't matter. Even being half-vampire doesn't stop this man from dragging me through the rear exit. I glare at him but it only makes him laugh.

I notice that my movements seem slow as I try to push him away. Marluxia wraps a hand around my throat and slams my spine into the brick wall. Sparing a glance toward the open end of the alley, I lift my knees up and kick him in the chest. A growl emits from deep inside him as I crouch on the ground. With wobbling legs I try to stand. Spotting the door we came out of I hobble towards it.

There must've been something in it. I've got to get away from this lunatic. I'm not one for confrontations.

All the wind is knocked out of me. A hand behind my head stops my skull from cracking. I still groan. Weakly I ball my fists and angel them against his stomach. Marluxia grins wickedly, "It'll only hurt for a second." Light catches on his fangs before he moves and leans down to my neck. A tongue runs over my pulsing vein and I can't help but shudder. Marluxia buries his fingers into my hair and jerks my head to the side.

"Let go!" I yell into his chest. I silence instantly at the first prick as he laps up my blood.

Only bad thing about being part human. I get the same side-effects. Now I'm really in trouble.

Above me Marluxia laughs, "He didn't think I would be here! But I just love taking things away from Axel. I'm much better than him aren't I?"

I struggle to lift my head but it feels as though it weighs a ton. "A-Axel? I don't know him." Every nerve in my brain seems to fire at once and I lift my hands to cradle my head.

"Hmph, maybe I put to much into the drink. I'll make it better." Marluxia moves my limbs aside and presses his lips to the two bleeding holes in my neck.

"Get away you scum!" My vision blurs as a silhouetted shape knocks the vampire away from me. A few seconds pass before Lea grunts as he helps me to my feet. "Can you walk Ienzo?" Shaking my head I only succeed in making the aching worse. "It's okay my place is right around the corner. I'll just carry you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I must have fell unconscious. I'm not worried. I trust him to get me somewhere safe. If not for me then for him. Vincent would surely lose it if he found out what happened tonight. Sighing I lean back on the couch. From what I can see from the dimmed light, Lea has a nice place. It must be nice to live here.

Electric green fills my line of sight. Lea lifts up a cloth and wipes at my neck. "Glad you're up. Sorry about tonight. I should've never taken you there. I know better."

"You're bleeding."

Mechanically I reach out and drag my index finger along the cut on his cheek. He does nothing to stop me. Normally I would have more control.