Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 3

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

Bah-Dum...Ba- Dum...Ba-Dum...

I can't tell if it's my heartbeat or if I'm picking up on Lea's. Leaning forward I realize that he's more scuffed up than I had first thought. There's a light bruising on his other cheek and his lip is split. A thin line of blood rests on the slit. Trying to keep my mind else where, I think about Riku. But before I can begin, Lea waves a hand in front of me to snap me out. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing that you should be concerned with."

"So, it helps to talk about it."

"Why? It's not like you can do anything." Lea sighs and moves to sit next to me. "Who's Axel?" He catches his shocked expression and replaces it with a blank one. "Lea tell me who he is!"

"I should get you home. It's around three in the morning." Standing I wait until he begins to the door before I lick the blood from my finger.

I've got to know what he's not telling me. The only way to do that is through his blood, thanks to my little ability. I like him but I need to protect myself first.

Disappointed at myself, I trudge beside Lea. I got no hints. No answers. My hand meets the icy doorknob. "See you tomorrow night Ienzo." Sighing I nod and go inside. Sensing no one else inside, I figure that Cloud and Vincent had gone out.

Good I'd rather it be that way. A nice empty house.

Climbing the stairs my head starts to ache again. I stumble into my room. It feels as though someone's hammering needles into my skull and doing it so agonizingly slow. I fall to my knees, grasping my head in my hands. Before I can even think of making a sound darkness swallows me.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

I turn to my partner. His brunet spikes seem to droop along with his mood. Cerulean orbs bluer than any sky glance up at me, 'Are you mad Axel?"

"I'm not mad at you Sora. I'm mad at the vampire that's done this to you."

Sora latches onto my forearm. "No Axel please, Riku...he understands. He doesn't want to hurt me or be a vampire. Can't we just bring him back with us? He doesn't have to drink blood, he's half-human!"

"Sora stop it!" His full pink lips snap shut and he shifts to glare at the heavily tinted windows. "I...Fine do what you want. Just...don't die okay?"

He beams with glee as the car is pulled up behind our target. I shake my head and turn my shrouded self to the door, ready to jump out. Our driver, a man with short blonde hair and sharp eyes looks at us through the mirror. "Get set. Axel, Sora I'll wait till you're both in the car."

Luxord bumps the edge of the limp and it crashes into a ditch. Sora and I jump out and he automatically goes for the one he loves. I focus on the heir to the throne. What I don't expect is the heir to shove Sora away from his stunned brother.

"Go now!" yells the prince.

Sora runs behind Riku as they escape. His concentration slips and I slam him to the ground. Sitting on his stomach I wrap my hand around his neck. I let the stake hover above him, preparing to kill.

Nails dig into my wrist and I bring the stake down. He easily catches my arm and I move away from him. He goes to the driver door before spinning around to face me. I take the opportunity to dump my bottle of holy water over his head of slate hair.

He laughs, "Stakes yes, but holy water no. We aren't evil, just different."

Not even thinking I drive the blunt end of the stake into his head. I catch his limp body in my arms and carry him back to the car. Settling in I lie him on the back seat and sit in the front. Stealing another look at the vampire prince, my stomach twists into a know. Hair falls down over the right side of his face but blood is visible. I swallow hard.

This is going to suck big time.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

I bolt upright in bed with sweat beading on my brow. Carefully I stand and walk to the shower.

So that was Axel. That means the guy I'm falling for is the hunter trying to kill me. Sora must be the boy that Riku's with which means...I've been blind. He had come to deliver certain things from here that we didn't have. That must be how they met. I'd better let Vincent know.

Drying off I pull on navy jeans and a faded blue long-sleeve. Slipping my feet into my boots I rush down the stairs. About to barge into the kitchen I spot an unknown voice. Making myself known I hide the terror on my face.

Sitting at the table next to Vincent is the same blonde haired man in my dream. Cloud notices me first, "Good morning Ienzo."

I idle at the threshold, "Vincent I need to talk to you."

Apparently seeing the serious look on my face, we meet in the living room. "What's wrong?"

"That man, who is he?"

"Luxord, one of our informants."

"No that man is with the hunters."

"He's one of us!"

I bring my hand to my lips. It's something of a habit. "Lea got a bloodied lip last night and I took a little bit of his blood. I came home and had a surprising dream. It was about what happened from the hunter Axel's point of view. Luxord was their driver."

The surprise must have overwhelmed his anger at me. "Then I'll send Cloud in here and you two escape." Vincent pivots on his heel.

I wonder what he's going to do to Luxord. It might be bad enough that he doesn't want us here. Or maybe he doesn't want us hurt.

Cloud waves a hand in front of my face to snap me out of my thoughts. Motioning me to the back of the house I follow him into the night air. The last remains of a beautiful sunset slowly dissipate. "Where are we going?"

"To our base down at the docks."

Running with abnormal speed we stomp onto the docks in record time. A large warehouse appears as the place where we'll hide until Vincent comes. Just as Cloud's fingertips graze the metal surface someone yells from behind us, "Hold it right there vampires!"

Cloud mumbles under his breath, most likely something with a curse in it. As he turns around he grimaces. "I won't let them have you."

Standing in a group are four hunters shrouded in their trademark black cloaks. The leader throws off his hood to reveal a darker shade of lunar hair, tanned skin, and toxic yellow eyes. The other three remain hooded. This was defiantly a set up.

"What do you want Xemnas?" Cloud asks with hatred dripping off his words.
In a monotone voice he replies, "I've come to get Prince Zexion."

"Is that right?" the blonde smirks down at me, "Well do you want to go?"

"I'll have to decline."
"Sorry Xemnas but he doesn't want to. You know teens these days, they don't want to do anything that interferes with their plans."

"Then we'll take him by force!" snarls the figure next to Xemnas.

"Very well..." their leader drones.

The vicious one discards his hood to show a shock of long blue hair and cruel eyes. A long wooden stake, probably a spear, appears in his grasp. The other lanky hunter pushes his back to show a scarred face adorned with an eye patch and long inky hair laid with silver streaks, all pulled into a ponytail. Two pistols hang loosely on his fingers. The last unhooks a pair of chakrams from the holder on his back.

"Saix...Xigbar...you may begin."

The wolf-like man known as Saix launches at me. Dodging to the side I'm stunned by how quick these humans are. Still Cloud grabs ahold of his weapon and the two begin a sort of tug-O-war.

A bullet sails past my head while another plants itself in my left shoulder. Grunting I prepare to move when the chakram wielding fool grabs my arms. Yelping in pain from the pressure on my left arm, he lets me go. Xigbar fires off another shot but the chakram blocks it. Before I realize what could possibly be happening, I'm being thrown over his shoulder as he runs into the surrounding forest. Looking up I spot Cloud coming through the trees.

Balling my firsts I pound fiercely on my captor's back. Skidding to a stop in front of us, Cloud sticks his boot out. Sensing his fate, my kidnapper flips around so that his body takes the beating. Cloud reaches down and yanks me off of him. Steeping in front of me Cloud stares at his outstretched hand.

Surprisingly enough a large sword appears. The man stands as the blonde aims at his heart, "Show yourself!" A deep sigh escapes the hooded man's lips as gloved fingers slide back the uniform.