Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 4

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

A blank, stone cold expression remains on his countenance. "I'm number eight, Axel Kaen. You knew me as Lea."

Cloud scoffs, "You're a deceitful shit aren't you?"

"I was trying to-"

"I don't want to hear it." Cloud glances at me. "How's your shoulder?"

It hadn't occurred to me so I check it myself. The blood hadn't stopped nor had the wound try to heal. It should have at least clotted. Axel shakes his head, "Xigbar uses these kind that he makes himself. It can kill any species, so far. All supernatural powers are useless."

"Zexion, take your shirt off and sit down." Axel stares at me worriedly, almost convincing me that he might care. "You, stay there. If you run I'll kill you."

Cloud kneels in front of me and pulls out a small hidden dagger from his boot. I tilt my head to the side so that I don't have to watch. I can feel as the cold blade digs into my skin for the bullet. Axel leans against a bare tree, "Vincent's probably captured by now."

I yelp in pain and warm blood drizzles down my chest. That statement did not help. "Would you shut up so I don't lose an arm here."

Cloud plucks the bullet from the hole.

"W-We've already captured Sora and Riku."

"But Sora's one of you!" I debate, remembering the way Axel had treated the boy, with a great sense of wanting to protect a dear friend.

His emerald eyes narrow in disgust. "They've made an enemy by taking him."

Cloud merely shakes his head, "Okay then, for now you're on our side. Will you take us to where they are?" He says that but I know he doesn't trust Axel fully...even if he wants to. Axel nods but Cloud's already gone and back. "Sit." Sighing, Axel does as he's told and takes a seat in front of the tree. Cloud proceeds to circle him with rope before knotting it in the back while his chakrams stick in the ground a few feet away. "I'm going back to see if you're right. Then I'll go see if I can figure out a trail unless they've covered their tracks."

My blonde protector vanishes into the thickening darkness. I wipe away the trail of blood and pull my shirt back on. "Are you actually going to help us?"

"They have my friend...I don't want them to have you too."

Enraged, I stomp over to him and kneel. "You kidnapped me, tried to kill me, took on another name to pass as a friend, and now you say that you want to protect me?"

"Zexion...I'm sorry." Taken aback I fall silent. "I know a way to help you heal internally...I know that it must hurt." Axel cocks his head to the side to reveal his exposed neck. "Take some blood, I don't mind."

I want to believe him. I want everything to work out. But it won't. Even if I think I love him it just wouldn't work.

Placing a knee on either side of his legs I rest my hands on his shoulders. My skull touches the tree as I press my mouth against his throat. My fangs slip into a vein and a small gasp escapes him before falling silent. The spicy yet sweet taste of his blood sets my taste buds on ablaze. As the warm liquid slides down, I pull away and place two fingers over the wounds.

My gray-blue eyes meet his electric greens. Fire runs through me as though just touching is intense. Leaning closer I let our lips brush. Axel pushes forward and I can't help but lose myself for a moment. I tangle my fingers in his crimson spikes, trying to mold us together around the rope. That's when it hits me like a brick.

We live in two different worlds. Axel's a hunter and I'm a becoming prince, his prey. But I still can't give up...I don't want to give up on the love growing between us. Yet, doubt clouds me and one question seems to stand out the most.

Is he leading me on?

Letting my movements fall still, he pulls away. Looking deep into his bright eyes I can feel his blood running through me. Picking up on it, I struggle to pry information from it. A thin eyebrow quirks up, "Zexion I know what you're doing."

"Then you know that..." I motion towards us, "...this can't continue." I hesitate in relinquishing my spot on his lap.

"Zexion..." Axel trails off and leaves my name hanging in the air.

"Cloud should be back by now."

Shit.

Springing into action I hurry over and clasp a chakram in my hand. I drag it through the bindings as they fall away one by one. "Take me there now."

"I won't, not until you're prepared. They don't know where I live so I'll take you there and we can come up with a plan. Isn't that what you would normally suggest?"

"Fine."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Taking the elevator up to his apartment isn't as easy as I thought. It reminds me that this man had tried to kill me. The steel doors part to reveal a narrow hallway and Axel continues to step out. I will my legs to do the same but I can't bring them to do much less than lock in place. Axel shakes his mane before reaching out and taking a hold of my hand. A faint blush drapes my cheeks as he shows me to the door. Unlocking it, he leads me inside where the lights are still dimmed.

How can he see if he's human?

I keep close as I step into the kitchen. Unlike the first time, I'm not against him. "I'm sure you're hungry and all you've probably had is a little bit of blood here and there." I simply nod as he begins pulling out breads, meats, and cheeses. "You have to keep up your human systems or you won't be well when you turn into a whole vampire."

"How do you know?"

"I'm a hunter."

Silence settles down between us as we eat sandwiches and drink glasses of water. Seated across from him I begin to feel light-headed.

No! The moon must be enhancing my power. I-I can't control it!

Gripping each side of my head I topple out of the chair.

"Zexion!"

Arms slip underneath me and lift me up. White hot pain shoots through my skull and down through my limbs before they go all turn numb.