Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 5
^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

A door slams shut downstairs and I jolt up out of bed. I look out over my darkened room as my eyes adjust. The stairs down the hall outside that lead up here creak slightly under the weight of pressure. I strain my ears to possibly figure out where this intruder is going. A couple pairs of feet pass by my door and down to my parents. Holding my breath I expect a scream or anything...but no sound comes.

Curious and filled with fear, I slip out of my room and towards the ajar threshold of the master bedroom. Pushing it open with the tips of my fingers I'm met with a sight I prayed I'd never see.

Mother lies face down with blood pooling around her on the bed. Closer to me is Father with a pistol in his clenched fist. Cold dead eyes stare up at me. Horrified I attempt to cry out for my big brother but it never comes.

This is the work of vampires. Father refused to enter the hunters' ranks. Brother had gotten a letter asking for a reply on the same thing...they've come to get rid of us.

Spinning around I plan to hurry to the safe room where Dad said no vampire could ever enter. Instead I'm met by a figure cloaked in shadows. Grinning from ear to ear I can easily see the protruding fangs. A strangled yelp escapes me as the vampire advances still.

"Yo, leave him alone! I'm the one you want."

I edge my 13 year old lanky frame around the man and into my elder brother's arms. I go up a little pas this waist. Both of us wear a scarce outfit of sweat pants and a thin T-shirt.

A husky voice comes from this vicious man. "Fine. Now come here so I can make sure you don't leave."

Calm amethyst eyes show only sorrow and his short, shaggy red hair is tousled from sleep. "R-Reno are you l-leaving?"

"Only for a little time. I'll come get you soon. I promise. Just stay strong Axel. Go to Sora's and stay with him."

Giving me a tight squeeze, he pats my head and takes those few steps toward the accuser. With a quick sweep of his mighty arm, Reno is trapped in his grip as the vampire bites into his neck. A gasp splits the air and I realize that I was the one who made the noise.
Reno slumps and is lifted up into the vampire's arms. His black gaze connects to another I had not known was behind me. "Thank you for your assistance. The kid is your payment." The leader of the two vanishes.

A hand latches onto my wrist and yanks me forward. I crash into him as he holds me still. "N-No stop p-please!?"

Pricking my vein, the fear dies as he pulls away. Letting my body slump to the floor I open my mouth but nothing comes out.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

With tears leaking out of the corners of my eyes, I sit up. Gently pushing my shoulders so that I lay back down, "Are you okay?"

"Yes...I'm sorry about your brother but...I know him. Reno is fine. He works in the castle. Reno told me himself that once he was over here Rufus found him and protected him. They...love each other."

Happiness flares in his emerald orbs and I can't help but smile at having lessened his burden. "Thank you...I shouldn't have given you any of my blood. But I forgot that it's a full moon and powers like that get out of check."

Every muscle tingles as his gaze remains fixated on me. That's when I finally put the last piece in place. I narrow my eyes at Axel despite my feelings. "So then do you have a power?" His expression shows one emotion...guilt. "I know all about what happened. You've left out that crucial detail. So are you going to start talking or do I need to take another course of action?"

Axel continues on in his silent state. Realizing option one is not available, I jolt upward and knock him on his back as I pin his arms to his sides. It's a good thing this is a long bed or I probably would've broken his neck. An exposed throat lie in the open and I lean down.

"Stop!"

Axel jerks his head so that I crush my lips against his own instead. All my frustration melts away instantly. I pull away only to have him pull me back down. Gasping for air I move to the pulsing vein that I know is under the pale flesh on his neck. Axel doesn't stop me this time. I go on with exactly what my instincts are telling me. Warm delectable blood coasts its way down into my belly. Axel moves and I move back to his lips.

I was never in control in the first place.

I'm flipped around so that he lies on top of me instead. Grinning like a cat that's caught its prey, Axel presses his mouth to mine before moving down to my throat. Licking the flesh that conceals the veins, he slips his fangs into them. An almost inaudible moan ghosts over my lips. I let my eyes flutter shut at the blissful feeling of the person I love draining my life force.

My joints seem to freeze with every passing second. Even Axel becomes sluggish as he slides his fangs out and leaves his cold lips against my bloody neck. "Z-Zexion...what's...h-happening?" Stiff limbs roll me towards his embrace. I bury my face in his chest as Axel hides his own in my mane.

There's nothing to be afraid of. To become one of the ranks...you have to die to be alive. This is just another rung on the ladder of the vampire culture.

"I love you Axel."

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Opening my eyes I'm met with a darkened room and a night sky littered with stars spread outside the window. Moving out of Axel's arms I sit up and look down upon him. I brush a stray strand of crimson hair from his countenance

Who would've guessed that I would fall for a hunter, a half-vampire one at that. At least that's over with. Now to finish the job and take my place on the throne. Maybe...just maybe, Axel will agree to stay by my side. He's changed me...showed me that even a monster can be loved. I'll return that blessing three-fold.

Axel stirs beside me and I rest my hand upon his cheek. Sighing heavily I slip out of bed. Glancing back one last time, I leave the apartment.

Finding my way back to the house isn't hard at all. Pushing the ajar door open I climb the stairs to my room. I pull out the bottom drawer and lift my princely wears from underneath a stacks of jeans. Peeling the filthy clothing off I take a quick shower before re-dressing in my rightful attire. I feel comfortable again as I step back onto the first floor. It's safe to say that they put up a fight.
Furniture lie overturned, shattered glass covers the floor, and small amounts of blood puddle up here and there. Ignoring the scene around me I dig through the coat closet until I find a sufficient black cloak to hide my garments until I get back to my country. However, something rustles near me and my body stiffens in unison. Spinning around I'm met with enraged features.

A human going mad.

"Who are you?"

"I was paid handsomely to kill you."

My wide eyes narrow as I back up against the closet door.
How I despise confrontations. Why can't people simply walk away? Evil shits...

Letting out the breath, that I wasn't aware that I was holding in, I prepare to immobilize him. Before I can move the man drops to his knees with blood matting at the back of his head.

"I knew you'd come back here. Now I don't have to pay that lowlife."