Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 6

"You're Saïx correct?"

The man only nods. His weapon of choice is ready for anything, a wooden spear-stake-contraption. "Xemnas wishes to see you. To make a trade of sorts. You for their lives."

What about Axel? Surely I can't leave him like that. We're a team now.

"I'm sorry but I'll have to decline."

No response comes. Instead he falls to the side and Axel stands triumphantly behind him. "Glad to hear that you're not a traitor. Now we should get out of here." Stepping around the man's unconscious form I follow Axel outside. "I've got a plan and you'll have to agree or they'll kill us or worse."

"You want me to pretend to be your captive."

"More or less."

"Then let's get this over with, shall we?"

Axel nods and takes my hand in his. A fluttering sensation erupts throughout me at the slightest of touches. The heat rises to my cheeks as I'm led to a warehouse on the deserted end of the city, where all the goods are manufactured. Axel lets go of me to grab a small length of rope and tying it around my wrists. "Now just play along Zexion. I won't let them hurt you." He leans down and presses his lips to mine, sending blissful shivers through my body.

"W-What was that for?"

"I think I love you Zexion, that's all." Turning away he walks me into the brightly lit room. Tied with chains to the metal beams are Riku, Sora, Cloud, and Vincent. My two caretakers appear slightly ruffled while my dear brother is paler than normal. Sora immediately perks up at the sight of his best friend. A door opens and Xemnas and Xigbar exit. Axel goes into character and tightens his hold on me. "I've brought you the Prince now let Sora go, that was the deal."

Xigbar strides over and plucks me away and points the barrel of his gun to my temple. Xemnas motions toward the young hunter, "You may get him and never return Axel for he is a traitor by becoming one of them out of love." Axel kneels in front of the four while Xemnas moves to stand in front of me, blocking my view. "Your mother betrayed the hunter's code and you and your brother will die because of her error." The sound of chains clattering to the floor and the trigger being squeezed is the only morale I need.

Ducking down at the last second I roll away just as Vincent knocks Xigbar to the ground. Xemnas unsheathes two gleaming rapiers from his side and prepares to strike Vincent down as his back is turned.

Springing to my feet I plan to throw myself at this guy but Cloud gets there first. His large sword beating down the two smaller ones easily.

Using my newly boosted power I dart over to Axel, "You tied these damn things to tight."

Axel smirks down at me and runs the spike of his chakram through the threads. Riku appears by my side with a stunning blue and black blade in his hand. Sora stands behind Axel with a silver sword with inlaid gold swirling through it. He runs around Axel and jumps into the battle, taking over Cloud's place against Xemnas. Xigbar lie motionless as Vincent walks over and Cloud strikes down Xemnas with Sora's help. "We need to get out of here and get you on a plane before the other members retaliate."

I nod, "We'll go to Axel's and book a flight." We all turn to get the hell out of here when Sora screams.

He lunges at Luxord before he can aim the gun and holds the blade to his throat. Vincent growls and knocks Saïx to the floor and plunges a dagger into his chest. As the blue-haired man lies there dieing, Vincent yanks the stake out of Cloud's chest cavity. Tenderly lifting the blonde into his arms Vincent turns to Axel, "Take me there now."

Axel nods, "Meet us there Zexion."

They disappear out the door and I turn to the scene before me. Riku snaps Luxord's gun in half and eases Sora away. "Let's go Zex we need to catch up."

Sora forces a smile that allows me to see the fangs protruding from his gums. "Alright follow me."

Turning my back is something I should never do.

The sound of a loading gun fills my ears and yet it's almost as though they don't hear it.

It's my duty to protect my people. My obligation as a brother.

Spinning around at the last second I force myself in between the bullet's path and Sora and Riku's bodies.