Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Snow ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crimson Snow
Chapter 7

Hatred flames in Riku's aquamarine orbs as he sprints forward and slits Luxord's throat, spewing blood all over him. Collapsing to my knees I stare at the gun he used...

...Xigbar's gun.

My younger brother's strong arms lift me up and cradle me. "Sora can you track Axel?"
"Yeah, follow me."

Rushing me through the streets everything slowly goes cold and black.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I watch as slightly younger versions of Riku and I walk with our Father to the merchant waiting for us. Casting his emotionless green eyes down at us he sighs, "Go play with the merchant's boys and leave me be."

Riku parts way with me to play with a brunet human boy. They always did, I was use to being alone. A 15 year old boy stands off to the side, watching the brunet chatter with Riku. The red head grips his right hand tightly, making his knuckles turn white.

Another lowly merchant rolls his cart by only for it to knock the poor teen over. Stifling a panicked cry he struggles to stand up, still clutching his right hand.

Without thinking I rush over and offer a helping hand. Possibly scared he takes it and I pull him to his feet. "Thanks." he mutters to me.

I pull my hand back only to see blood covering my palm where my own bleeding cut is, with the band-aid mysteriously missing. Feeling woozy all of a sudden I sway to the side. Father rushes over to me and supports me, putting on his facade of a devoted father figure, "What did that boy do to you? Rufus get over here now!"

Short cropped blonde hair, pale eyes, and a pristine white suit bobs into view. Picking me up I smear the blonde down the front of his jacket, "Sorry Rufus."

"It's okay I'll get Reno to clean it like usual."

A man comes up to the boy and grasps his arm, "I'm sorry Sephiroth, Axel didn't mean anything."

"See to it that this never happens again or you won't be allowed to return. That boy is an abomination as it is!"

My eyes connect with saddened greens. The man slaps him in the back of the head and drags him away. Rufus stops, in order to hand me over to Reno. I shut my eyes to pretend to have fainted so that I may listen to their conversation. Rufus sighs, "That kid is going to be in a world of hurt."

"Why what happened?"

"Fate wanted them to be connected with blood. One of our sacred rituals no vampire child, especially a half-vampire, should know about."

Reno moves to most likely carry me back and that's when I take the opportunity to save this boy some hurt. I drop to my feet and dart over to the confused and frightened teen. I shove Father and the merchant aside and stand in front of Axel. "It's my fault Father." I lie as my vision slowly becomes fuzzy.

"Zexion, get over here now!" he hisses at me.

I mimic the heated glare until a hand touches my shoulder and he whispers in my ear, "Thanks but you'd better go. I don't want to get you in anymore trouble."

"Don't worry about me...he won't hurt me."

I step forward and Father grips my arm where he could probably cut off circulation he if wanted to, but I refuse to make a sound. Without another word I'm drug back to the car where I'm sent home.

An hour or so later I'm ordered to the study where Father waits for me. "Why did you defend that brat?"

"Because he did nothing wrong."

"He's not a full vampire, everything's wrong."

"I'm not either!"

He's to his feet and towering over me in half a second. "You are to never speak to me that way again."

"I'll be glad when you're off the throne." I mumble loud enough for only him to hear.

In return his fist crashes into my skull making the lights dance. I feel my body crash to the floor and voices arose. "Sephiroth what did you do to him?"

"Nothing of your concern Rufus. Just make sure he doesn't remember today's events, understood?"

"Yes sir."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Groaning I open my eyes to see a very worried Riku. "What happened?"

"I rushed you back here. Vincent got the bullet out and Axel gave you quite a bit of his blood. He's resting right now...You scare me Zexion, don't ever do it again."

"Is everyone ready to go?"

Riku sighs, "We were just hoping you'd wake up soon. It would not be easy to get through airport security, carrying your unconscious body onto a plane."

Shaking my head I throw my legs over the lip of my bed. I ignore my brother and find my way to the living room. Axel lies stretched out on the couch with legs draped over the arm rest and forearm shielding his eyes. Glancing about I catch sight of no other person. Respecting me, Riku disappears into another room.

Stepping as lightly as I possibly can I sneak over to the side of the couch. Feeling like a mischievous child I lay down on top of him. Desperately craving his attention, I peck his lips and rest my head over his left breast. Strong arms wind around me and secure me against him. "How are you feeling Axel?"

"Not as bad as I did. I'm glad that you're okay though. What about you?"

"Like a powerless little girl that has no control but is helplessly in love with a vampire."

"But you're a vampire too."

"That's what baffles me as well."

I turn my head to look up at him and suddenly become somewhat shy. "Once Sephiroth is gone, I'll take reign. Naturally I'd throw something to find a partner. But...I'd hope to have you there with me."

"Are you asking me to marry you?"

"No! I just would prefer to be with you then."

Axel grins, "I'll be there, swear." Moving to go check on Cloud I begin to leave. "Never lose faith in me Zexion. I keep my word."

"I believe you." Vincent appears behind me with Cloud in tow. "Are you alright?"

"I...I feel complete. If that makes sense."

Axel sits up and leans back into the couch. "You two were absent for a long time. Sex doesn't take that damn long."

Cloud turns the color of Axel's hair and Vincent merely swings a couple bags over his shoulder. Riku walks back in with Sora near him. "We need to get going. The plane leaves soon and there are hunters everywhere looking for us."

I eye my brother suspiciously, "Where did you get the money?"

"This old guy. He wanted to die, I was hungry and needed money so we traded."

Never realized how...ruthless my brother can be. He's reckless and he knows it. That's why he doesn't want to be the next ruler. He'd rather travel with Sora.

Axel pushes himself to his feet, "Then let's get the hell out of here."

We pile out the door and into a car which Vincent uses to drive us to the airport. Slowly pulling up to the entrance I notice hooded figures gliding through the crowds. Cloud glances over at Vincent, hoping not to alarm us in the back.

Axel grips my hand and places a kiss on my cheek.

Before the vehicle can stop, the door swings open and Axel jumps out.

The cry I want to emit is strangled in my throat. Riku leans over me and closes the door. Vincent glances at the three of us in the rearview mirror, "Axel is distracting them apparently so when I get to the doors we follow Riku to the gate."

Nodding in unison we come to a halt and spring out of the car. Bullets sail over our heads as we make a break for the building. Sora and I make it in last as we take heavy breaths, before realizing that we're full vampires and can use our powers willingly. Vincent turns toward the direction of the plane. "Alright get on."

"Wait what about Axel?"

Cloud simply latches onto my wrist and yanks me forward. Through the translucent glass I see a shock of red hair bound past.

I slip out of his hand and begin to run back. Just as I get somewhat close I'm thrown over Vincent's shoulder. Scowling down at his heels I let myself be carried onto the plane. I'm put in the window seat and he sits next to me. He got past the guard's by explaining that I had hurt my ankle, what a lie. But nonetheless it worked.

As the plane starts off down the runway, for a split second, I catch sight of Axel standing just outside the door. He waves despite his scuffled appearance.

I sink back into my seat and ignore the pestering woman. Conversation around us picks up and Vincent leans close to me, "Axel knew they were there and he had it all planned out."

"Then why was I not informed?"

"Because you would have disagreed." Glaring into crimson eyes I sigh and turn back to my window. "Zexion...he asked if I would ask a favor of you for him." I continue to be silent both from stubbornness and slight shock. "He wants you to beat Sephiroth and tell Reno that he's okay."